This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Mississippi was my best interview, and I keep hoping for the call. My nerves are shot now
also from other forums ive been reading just now it sounds like they call in waves and could call tomorrow as well. They've done that in past years so it's hard to say

Reactions: 1 users
also from other forums ive been reading just now it sounds like they call in waves and could call tomorrow as well. They've done that in past years so it's hard to say
I hope we get a call or at least hear something soon. I’m trying not to cry since Mississippi was my number one for OOS schools

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
OOS Acceptance! I interviewed 1/5/23, will be declining as I've accepted a different offer so best of luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS accepted but will most likely be declining my seat as I was accepted to my IS. I’m actually really sad to be declining :(

OOS accepted but will most likely be declining my seat as I was accepted to my IS. I’m actually really sad to be declining :(
same here 🥲 I will also be declining to go to my in state. Mississippi was my #1 for this entire cycle so it is a very hard decision. I hope everyone hears good news soon and we will all end up where we are meant to!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS ACCEPTANCE!! I will be declining my offer so good luck everybody!

Reactions: 1 users
#2 OOS waitlist, emailed today!

Emailed with OOS waitlist. I’m position number 1

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS alternate! Is there any information on how much the waitlist normally moves? I’m about 1/4 down the list 🥲

OOS alternate. Any idea how much the list moves usually?

The msg said about 30% of the wailist gets in

OOS Acceptance!!! Last year I was waitlisted in the third quartile and didn’t get called off the list. MSU is my second choice, topped only by my IS. I loveeeed the university and the staff. My only concern with this school is having only two years of didactics. I worry that I might not do as well having to learn three year’s worth of classes in just two years. Is this a misconception of the curriculum? Is some of the material taught during clinics? If not, how do they do it?

• Love
OOS Acceptance!!! Last year I was waitlisted in the third quartile and didn’t get called off the list. MSU is my second choice, topped only by my IS. I loveeeed the university and the staff. My only concern with this school is having only two years of didactics. I worry that I might not do as well having to learn three year’s worth of classes in just two years. Is this a misconception of the curriculum? Is some of the material taught during clinics? If not, how do they do it?
I would love to hear input on this as well!

Can I ask where you found that statistic? Only asking because I'm in the first 25% on the OOS waitlist!
Nvm i was getting mixed up with a different school!

They’re able to do it because their fall semester is essentially two semesters in one. That’s why they start in June instead of august

Reactions: 2 users

Hi! First off, congratulations!!! I’m a current first year. It was previously mentioned, but our first year starts in June and the second year starts in July. It is like drinking out of a fire hose, but I have found that I am doing better than I did in undergrad. Personally, i think that MSU does a good job of easing you into vet school. Each semester is progressively harder. Typical of most schools, second year is the hardest year, however, our second year is similar to other schools’ third year. In my opinion, the curriculum is challenging but not undoable. All of the professors really want you to succeed.

Does anyone know if there will be an accepted students day?

Has someone who is hopefully applying next cycle, can anyone who got accepted care to share stats? Thank you in advance!

Has someone who is hopefully applying next cycle, can anyone who got accepted care to share stats? Thank you in advance!
mine are posted in the successful applicants thread!

Hi! First off, congratulations!!! I’m a current first year. It was previously mentioned, but our first year starts in June and the second year starts in July. It is like drinking out of a fire hose, but I have found that I am doing better than I did in undergrad. Personally, i think that MSU does a good job of easing you into vet school. Each semester is progressively harder. Typical of most schools, second year is the hardest year, however, our second year is similar to other schools’ third year. In my opinion, the curriculum is challenging but not undoable. All of the professors really want you to succeed.
Thank you!! Do you feel that you’re retaining most of the information that you have to learn in such a short time?

How have you found learning the classroom material the way it’s set up? For example, I know Auburns curriculum includes niche courses like bacteriology, epidemiology and zoonoses, because they have the space and time to cover that coursework. Do you feel like you lose any detailed learning with it being designed as 2 years of classes? Or do you feel like these kinds of subjects are still covered well even if they aren’t their own classes?

Did anyone get any calls/emails today? I still haven’t received anything

How have you found learning the classroom material the way it’s set up? For example, I know Auburns curriculum includes niche courses like bacteriology, epidemiology and zoonoses, because they have the space and time to cover that coursework. Do you feel like you lose any detailed learning with it being designed as 2 years of classes? Or do you feel like these kinds of subjects are still covered well even if they aren’t their own classes?

Also a current first year ! We also have those specific classes ! First semester we had Anatomy I, physiology, Histology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Infectious Agents I (the bacteria half of the course), and 2 shorter professional development courses. ((I don’t think I’m forgetting any)) This semester we had a third professional development and we’re also in Anatomy II, Infectious Agents II (the virology half), Epidemiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, and Parasitology. The curriculum is condensed but we still cover everything we need and I feel like it’s all presented in a very fast-paced-friendly way. It’s more “here’s what you need to know to be successful clinics and in practice” and less “here’s absolutely everything about vet med”.

First year is more the basic building blocks and the why things work the way they do and second year is when you start doing surgery and getting heavier into the true medicine aspect of it so everything builds nicely.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you!! Do you feel that you’re retaining most of the information that you have to learn in such a short time?

Yes. The classes build nicely with the way that the curriculum is set up. The courses run pretty cohesively with each other. For example, we were learning neuro anatomy in Anatomy class while taking Neuroscience. Personally, I feel that this helps with retention.

Yes. The classes build nicely with the way that the curriculum is set up. The courses run pretty cohesively with each other. For example, we were learning neuro anatomy in Anatomy class while taking Neuroscience. Personally, I feel that this helps with retention.
Great, thank you!!

The anxiety of the waitlist is brutal. I was wondering for those who are waitlisted are still preparing in the case of being accepted or not. I want to start planing, but worried I may not get off and crush my spirits a little more than I should have.

SC contract acceptance! Now to decide between UGA and Mississippi State :eek:

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Has anyone heard or asked when accepted student day will be? Thinking about airfare. I guess it’ll ge in March?