Money and Investment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Shorting 20K of TUBR @ 3.5 classic pump-and-dump. If it does go up, very possible, will short another 20K @ 7 dollars. I love these little trades quick way to make 5 - 10 grand.

MC

Members don't see this ad.

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070316/0227579.html

Effective immediately:

-- PANAMERSA Corporation authorized shares will be reduced by 4 billion
shares.

-- The Share buy back will begin in conjunction with a shareholder price
guarantee

-- A guarantee will be extended to loyal shareholders who wish to be a
part of PANAMERSA Corporation's future.

-- All shareholders who request their certificates from their broker and
exchange those shares for PDRs issued by the Fundacion and agree to hold
them for 1 year will be guaranteed a minimum price of $0.02 per share or
the current market price, which ever is greater, or the option to keep the
PDR. In addition each guaranteed PDR will be backed by Gold reserves.

-- All shareholders who request their certificates from their broker and
exchange those shares for PDRs issued by the Fundacion and agree to hold
them for 2 years will be guaranteed a minimum price of $0.04 per share or
the current market price, which ever is greater, or the option to keep the
PDR. In addition each guaranteed PDR will be backed by Gold reserves.

-- All PDRs are issued through the Fundacion Pan America.

IM TELLING YOU BUY PNMS.PK NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

If it sounds to good to be true it is eh. this thing is a scam hope you didn't lose to much man.

MC

Start your engines, the checkered flag had dropped,

Like a woman who waits to buy a dress until it goes on sale, so have the stocks.

BUY NOW

foil

Members don't see this ad :)
Start your engines, the checkered flag had dropped,

Like a woman who waits to buy a dress until it goes on sale, so have the stocks.

BUY NOW

foil

What about the old saying "sell in may and go away". What are you going to buy?

MC

Researching ASD at the moment for a long term commitment.
Something about it dividing into three companies......(verbal info)
I got to research it out on my own.
Must wait for it to go onsale.

foil

Shorting 20K of TUBR @ 3.5 classic pump-and-dump. If it does go up, very possible, will short another 20K @ 7 dollars. I love these little trades quick way to make 5 - 10 grand.

MC

TUBR trade closed @ 1.75 while I was in the OR - profits at close of trade +9,964 in five days - that's minus the commisions. I am going to transfer that cash to my bank account then withdraw it in 100's so I can walk around with a Tony Sopranoesqe wad o' cash Was a total of three minutes work if that. :laugh: Thats a real time trade too posted day of short and day of close. I should start charging you guys for this s hit.

Mario

TUBR trade closed @ 1.75 while I was in the OR - profits at close of trade +9,964 in five days - that's minus the commisions. I am going to transfer that cash to my bank account then withdraw it in 100's so I can walk around with a Tony Sopranoesqe wad o' cash Was a total of three minutes work if that. :laugh: Thats a real time trade too posted day of short and day of close. I should start charging you guys for this s hit.

Mario

Re-shorted another 30K @ 2.45 looking to profit another 10K. These plays don't come along that often - gotta milk it while you can.

Mario

Anyone ever heard of or use the Oxford Club investment news letter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivSMvsdDcLg&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te3CQUT38U0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzdRzZVmweU&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLDzi0L70kM&mode=related&search=

Ahem..........
I suppose you may find it profitable to join this group,
and it may do you well.
However,
I prefer to drive a manual transmission sports car and take the corners, highs and lows all by myself. It's a personal satisfaction thing in doing my own research. Guess I'm geared that way.

In doing research about this newsletter, I found a page.......I forget the link now.........anyway, it had several, perhaps 50 different newsletters , including this, to choose from. That should give you a heads up.

foil

hey fellows, I'm SORRY.

pnms is indeed a scam.
The earnings are based on the company ripping off Panama citizens. This ceo is selling shares to them at .04.
I'm sorry I ever recomended it. I hope no one listened to my *******.
Just want to say sorry again for being such a fool.

I made many mistakes when I was "young and dumb"
One of which was loosing a pristine ruby to an appraiser.
He started to salivate.......asked me if I knew whether or not it had a serial number on it.......where I got it...then talked me into a free cleaning, with the appraisal.
Just like that he switched it, I was hosed.
swindles like that happens all the time with jewels.......i felt like crap.
But just like you, I'll be dammed if it'll ever happen again.:eek:

foil

Hello Dr. Pain,
This is the newsletter Im thinking about:
http://www.delphiassociates.org/newsletter.html

If you can look past the so called wacko issue, you'll do quite well.
I did, when he talked about silver a few back, I sold 5 bucks under his predicted high, ...........did quite well.

No less than HENRY PAULSON, the former head of GOLDMAN/ SACHS and now SECRETARY of the US TREASURY has said, after booking record profits, "I LOVE this newsletter! I can't believe Sean charges only $65 for it!"

Sean's most astounding predictions have been about the world economy:

STOCK MARKET:

* Picked over a DOZEN stocks with 300-500% GAINS.
* The EXACT dates for prices of GOLD and SILVER from 2004 to 2007.
* Predicted QUINTUPLING of price of SILVER.
* Six months of FOREX trading without a single loss day.
* Exact DATE of the October 2000 stock crash.
* Exact rise / fall of prices of oil and gasoline.
* Economic ‘Badlands' from 2000 to 2003.
* Dow over 12,000 in 2006; predicted in 1997!
* Dow to break 13,000 in 2007.
* The collapse of Real Estate and the housing market.
* Collapse of the "Sub-Prime" lending market.
* Burst of the "DOT.COM" bubble.
* Meteoric rise of APPLE and PIXAR.
* Amazing climb of Sirius and XM Radio.
* Stupendous rise of NUTRA-CEA, Caterpiller and Nuclear Solutions.

REAL ESTATE AND CURRENCY

* Rise and Fall of U.S. Real Estate.
* Which areas would skyrocket & fall.
* Re-Birth of "Inner City" real estate.
* Silver and Copper's stunning gains.
* Rise of the EURO and fall of the dollar.
* The 2007 Real Estate Bust.
* The US-dollar and yen drop—attacked by other countries on Thanksgiving 2006.
* The dawn of the U.S. Redback dollar.

foil

Members don't see this ad :)
HMSO short @ 1.15 - very thinly traded hard to secure very many shares at all - 8K. Maybe can sneak 2-3K out in the next week or so. Its another can't miss super powerful stock idea mailed to you by some bogus company. I love it its easy pickings this pump and dump volume has really picked up recently!

Research RHA
I bought it last year at 2.65
Rising pretty well,
French Company

foil

CROX - do you know anyone without a pair? They are an excellent company doing smart things with their money. I bought at 20, they are at 70 now.

DRRX - (Durect). They make drug delivery systems with some interesting products in Phase III. Striker (a competing company) bought about 18million dollars worth of stock recently. They must think big things are going to happen with Durect.

Whoa! Hold on here, my uncle knows the CEO of panamersa pnms.pk, the people that are buying at .04 are not your average poor "citizens" they have other income!....Plus Panamersa is made up of several banks...... alot of "washing going down?" who cares,who knows?... it will only help.... I am told Mike Terell is squiky clean though.... Your jumping to conclusions due to other companies and their antics.... Terell has been working in and around S. America for 5 years, if this was a pump and run it would of happened awhile back.. I'm hanging on till after the exchange takes place....I have 3mill shares .....:thumbup:

What do you guys think about Apple? I know I missed their 5 year run, but with the new products they have coming out and their performance as of late they don't seem to be going anywhere but up over time.

If dividends intrest you,
research "HCM"

ok, it's a lousy housing prediction..........but this pays well.

foil

Hey guys

For those of you selling short. What are some realiable sources that you've PERSONALLY used? Do they provide good leads? Is it relatively cheap? Do they give 'real time' info that is accurate?

Thanks!

1st off ONXX is bout to take off again. Has Reached oversold status and is about to turn green, big time. Liver cancer drug is having very good results, and insiders know this, look for 5-10% gains by the end of the week.

2nd Shorting. If you play the technical side, look for stock that have increased by 20 - 50% in 1 week or less, and then narrow it down to thows whos momentum have started to ween and may have started a downward gap. Then short it like there is no tomorrow. Chances are, if you time it right, you will make at least 5%, or up to 15-20% from the freefall that ensues. The key is watching this stock closely intraday, for wide price fluctuations, and buying back at the slightest hint that its going back up big. Also those stocks that don't have much fundamentals are obviously the better ones. Good luck, its risky but works.

I can see I'm way out of my league on this post, just can't find the one I need to be on. I thought on this one, no one would "jump all over me for asking the salary question"!
I'm a 3rd-year about to be 4th-year student, trying to figure out what I'm going to do, and have to consider all this debt I'm building up. I tend to be much more procedure-oriented, and think I could be very happy doing anesthesia.
Anybody know what a common "average starting salary" in Texas would be?

anyone use hotstix.com for their short selling? their advice any good?

I was thinking of using their 30 day free trial.

I shorted HOKU at @$12 yesterday and day before, just got 12% returns in 1 day, will hold on and possible cover tomorrow if not friday, i think i can still pull another good 10% on this puppy. How did i find this gem u ask? Maybe 50% price increase in 2 days set off the radar. If you can find the top of any stock that is overvalued and overbought, i guarantee you can make anywhere from 5-20% returns on a short, just got to time it right. Also ONXX about to make a move, going to load up when I cover HOKU.

What do you all think of shorting
GILD at 36.02
DISH at 40.11

HOKU: will be either up or down 10% tom. I pulled out at at 11.05 today,what a volitle stock.All good still made 10%. If there is volume tom, I would ride it either short or long, depending on the first 5 min and get out after a a nice 8-10 boost

Miamidc, how high do you think ONXX will go? I noticed it went up to as high as around 50 in 2004. If that happens again that would be sweet!

Check out PRXI, I am newto posting on this forum. However check out this company. PRXI. This is a company involved in ownership rights to the "body exhibits" and has recently claimed all and only ownership rights to Titanic artifacts. This was at 17 today expected to reach an easy 25 and probably higher by 08. This will do well b/c wall street only has 2 analysis firms keeping an eye on this region of the market. AKA once they get int we pull out.

Thanks

escheatment ( legal term for this)

I just found out a horrible California Law that all the banks participate in.

If you have a savings account, safe deposit box or even a stock account that has been sitting idle for three years, you better check it now!
Chances are, your stocks have been sold,
Your safe deposit box items liberated
your bank account closed and drained: BY THE CALIF GOVN.

yes sir,
Stock that one lady bought with 100 k now worth 1mil, was looted, the state only returned the 100k.

Check your stuff NOW
:eek::eek::eek:
FOIL

Any opionins on good RNA interference technology companies? Ive looked at CYTR but its high volitle, low volume, no debts on books and intresting insider trading. This stock is currently at 3.60's but may get a spike due to a new drug with RNAi interference technology on the treatement for ALS disease. B/C this is a life threating disease this new drug may ge fast tracked? Any opionions would be greatly appreciated?

re cytr

I like to look at all the major insiders and the buying and selling patterns,
What are the company's main officers doing, how much faith do they have in their own company?
Are they abandoning ship?
Research this officer , Tepper,
A high ranking officer who has seemed to have sold all his stock since April 07
Hmmmmmmm.

Foil

I am from Texas, so I have been looking around in Texas. UTSouthwestern might ought to pipe in here, but it seems to me starting pay in Dallas area is anywhere from 250K to 300K first year out with more later as partner. West Texas Academic offering 270-280, other Academic locations posting 210s in Texas, about par for your typical academic place in this part of the country.

I was offered 310K plus 2K/month stipend while in last year of residency to go to Abilene. (I declined) Waco ~300.

I had an aquaintance who started at 450K (hearsay) in some small town near Houston. Houston itself has a rep for paying low, ~200 or less-rumor has it that there is one big group there who controls everything.

Hope this helps

I say we change not the healthcare system but the legal system. 95% income tax for med mal john edward types, required to wear a cilice, and a giant floppy rubber dick glued to the back of their pants

Re-shorted another 30K @ 2.45 looking to profit another 10K. These plays don't come along that often - gotta milk it while you can.

Mario

Finally closed today @ 1.35 about 14K after commisions etc. Also CMG continues to do great that ones paying for kids college.

Mario

Finally closed today @ 1.35 about 14K after commisions etc. Also CMG continues to do great that ones paying for kids college.

Mario

nice bro, wish i was still playing in the market, but dont seem to have time lately. hopefully soon ill be able to get back into it

So who is making money lately? It's easy to be smarter than the stock market when it's on an enormous bull run. Gains during the past 2 weeks would impress me a whole lot more.

So who is making money lately? It's easy to be smarter than the stock market when it's on an enormous bull run. Gains during the past 2 weeks would impress me a whole lot more.

Shorted Home Depot mid july can't complain...

I have been in private practice, locum tenens and the VA. Here are the basics for determining what is a good job:

1. Anesthesia bills in "anesthesia units" most other specialities bill in RVU's.
2. The average anesthesiologist working 60-65 hrs a week, taking 6-8 weeks vacation and bills out about 10,000 units a year.
3. Average blended unit reimbursement (taking all payors into account) is around $40 a unit.
4. So, full-time, call-taking anesthesiologist makes about 400k a yr.

The equation works like this: units x reimbursement = your salary.

You have 2 variables, either work more (bill more units) or get higher reimbursement. If you want to live somewhere cool, like Denver, CO....they have an oversupply of anesthesiologists and the insurance companies know this, so they don't pay crap. You might get an average unit value in the low 30s. So, you either make less money or work more. If you want to live someplace less desirable, unit values are higher and you can work less to make the same cake.

Personally, I did what some other people mentioned, I moved to a less desirable area after residency (Reno, NV), lived like a resident, made a bunch of money and paid my 60k of student loans off in 8 months. It was a great feeling. I would highly recommend it.

I have been in private practice, locum tenens and the VA. Here are the basics for determining what is a good job:

1. Anesthesia bills in "anesthesia units" most other specialities bill in RVU's.
2. The average anesthesiologist working 60-65 hrs a week, taking 6-8 weeks vacation and bills out about 10,000 units a year.
3. Average blended unit reimbursement (taking all payors into account) is around $40 a unit.
4. So, full-time, call-taking anesthesiologist makes about 400k a yr.

The equation works like this: units x reimbursement = your salary.

You have 2 variables, either work more (bill more units) or get higher reimbursement. If you want to live somewhere cool, like Denver, CO....they have an oversupply of anesthesiologists and the insurance companies know this, so they don't pay crap. You might get an average unit value in the low 30s. So, you either make less money or work more. If you want to live someplace less desirable, unit values are higher and you can work less to make the same cake.

Personally, I did what some other people mentioned, I moved to a less desirable area after residency (Reno, NV), lived like a resident, made a bunch of money and paid my 60k of student loans off in 8 months. It was a great feeling. I would highly recommend it.

60k of student loans?!! Daaamn dude, mines are 175k. You guys have any advice for an intern, living on an fatty intern paycheck? I hate having this debt loom over me. It's like a bad case of herpes that just won't... nevermind.

My loans are in deferrment right now, but it's still collecting interest, which I think is around $400-500 a month (capitalized). My fiancee and I are renting an apartment now, but we're looking to buy a house. We'll be moving to California for my CA-1 yr, so that would mean an enormous mortgage.

Would you guys reccommend buying a house, paying my monthly loan interest only, and keeping my loans in deferrment until residency is over? or keep renting and start paying off my loans now? :confused:

What did you guys do?

60k of student loans?!! Daaamn dude, mines are 175k. You guys have any advice for an intern, living on an fatty intern paycheck? I hate having this debt loom over me. It's like a bad case of herpes that just won't... nevermind.

My loans are in deferrment right now, but it's still collecting interest, which I think is around $400-500 a month (capitalized). My fiancee and I are renting an apartment now, but we're looking to buy a house. We'll be moving to California for my CA-1 yr, so that would mean an enormous mortgage.

Would you guys reccommend buying a house, paying my monthly loan interest only, and keeping my loans in deferrment until residency is over? or keep renting and start paying off my loans now? :confused:

What did you guys do?

i had a hard time getting approved for a mortgage b/c my debt to income ratio is so high. didn't matter that my credit was perfect. helps if your significant other is not in medicine and doesn't have the same problem.

don't use interest-only loans if you can avoid it. you end up with no equity in the house.

unless you can pay 20% as a down payment, you have to pay PMI (private mortgate insurance). this is more money that you are throwing away and is not going towards equity in the house.

best to buy only if you will be in same place for at least 3-4 years. there is so much more cost involved in home ownership than you realize. just the process of buying one- closing costs around 10K, real estate taxes 3K, homeowners insurance. paid upfront.

unless you are very handy around the house and have time, things are going to break/leak and it's mucho dinero for a professional to come out. also you will have to take care of the yard, gutters, weeding...and you better believe that no matter what she says, when you move in, your missus is going to want to change the color of the walls, get rid of that ugly carpet, and spruce up the joint with some new furniture.

re loans: are they consolidated? i think i am paying mine off over 20 years. whatever the maximum time was. don't be in too big of a rush to pay them off (vs paying off anything high interest like credit cards) since that interest is deductible (you ARE itemizing, right? you can deduct gas to outside rotations, textbooks, etc.) and your interest rate is probably pretty low.

you might want to just wait a few years until you finish training. then you'll have a much bigger paycheck and might be moving anyway for a job. whatever dive you can afford on a resident's salary might starting feeling a lot more cramped when you're an attending.

if you still want to buy a house, consider this book: 100 questions every first time home buyer should ask by ilyce glink. good luck

With the way the housing market is now, I would rent and pay off my loans. 175k of loans is alot, but if you live like a resident your first year and pick the right job, you could cut those in half easily your first year.

A house is expensive, not only due to the mortgage, but then there is the upkeep. In addition, you will want to fix it up, remodel, landscape, etc which all costs money. When you rent, you don't have those issues.

It is not realistic that the US will see another boom in housing prices in the next few years. Salaries are flat and people cannot afford the current home prices, that is why they are falling. It is going to take years for the market to absorb the huge appreciation in home values.

Pay off your loans, you will be very happy you did. Not to mention the fact that about 60% of new physicians change jobs within the two years of starting. If you have a house you cannot sell, you will not be able to change jobs because of the house.

this is a great time to start buying real estate - in some markets you can easily bid 20% under asking and likely get it...

PMI isn't all that bad since it is now tax-deductible for 2007 - don't know if they will continue with that experiment...

rule #1: when you get your new job, signing bonus etc... rent a cheap ass apartment, buy a cheap used car and don't buy any furniture - save about 30-50k in an emergency fund - then start stashing a bit away towards retirement

- i have tons of stories of guys who signed contracts, bought the 900k home, the 100k mercedes only to hate their contract/co-workers and want to get out but because of their debt burden don't feel free to make the jump - they hate their lives right now...

rule #2: don't buy a new car, or a used car over 25k, or any toy that is worth more than 3k until you have paid off your credit card debt and any student debt that is over 4% interest...

rule #3: don't invest in stocks until you got about 20k to play with... and make investments in sizes of 5k minimum, preferably 10k per stock.

rule #4: if you are too lazy to learn about business/investing/stocks then find a financial advisor that works on a fee basis (no commissions)... And make sure they aren't trying to sell you crappy mutual funds that they get commissions for without you realizing it (ie: all the american funds, all the american express funds, etc...)... if the financial advisor ever offers to come over to your home then cross them off (they obviously aren't very busy)...

rule #5: Disability insurance - first get individual insurance before you sign up for group insurance that way they double up... if you have group insurance nobody will offer you individual insurance... and make sure it is profession specific and lasts until age 65... The odds of becoming disabled during your career are far higher than the odds of dying during your career...

rule #6: as soon as your total assets >100k then you need to start creating havens for your assets. You don't want any lawyer touching anything... so create trusts for you, your wife, your kids, your real estate... those trusts can generate income and are untouchable... this can be done through your lawyer or a local wealth management division at a good private bank

rule #7: never ever tell anybody how much you are worth or what your salary is --- in the end it never helps relationships, instead it often can create resentment

Good post, with the exception that I believe it is still wise to HOLD OFF buying real estate: the market will go much further south before it jumps back up.

Everything else was great advice!

this is a great time to start buying real estate - in some markets you can easily bid 20% under asking and likely get it...

PMI isn't all that bad since it is now tax-deductible for 2007 - don't know if they will continue with that experiment...

rule #1: when you get your new job, signing bonus etc... rent a cheap ass apartment, buy a cheap used car and don't buy any furniture - save about 30-50k in an emergency fund - then start stashing a bit away towards retirement

- i have tons of stories of guys who signed contracts, bought the 900k home, the 100k mercedes only to hate their contract/co-workers and want to get out but because of their debt burden don't feel free to make the jump - they hate their lives right now...

rule #2: don't buy a new car, or a used car over 25k, or any toy that is worth more than 3k until you have paid off your credit card debt and any student debt that is over 4% interest...

rule #3: don't invest in stocks until you got about 20k to play with... and make investments in sizes of 5k minimum, preferably 10k per stock.

rule #4: if you are too lazy to learn about business/investing/stocks then find a financial advisor that works on a fee basis (no commissions)... And make sure they aren't trying to sell you crappy mutual funds that they get commissions for without you realizing it (ie: all the american funds, all the american express funds, etc...)... if the financial advisor ever offers to come over to your home then cross them off (they obviously aren't very busy)...

rule #5: Disability insurance - first get individual insurance before you sign up for group insurance that way they double up... if you have group insurance nobody will offer you individual insurance... and make sure it is profession specific and lasts until age 65... The odds of becoming disabled during your career are far higher than the odds of dying during your career...

rule #6: as soon as your total assets >100k then you need to start creating havens for your assets. You don't want any lawyer touching anything... so create trusts for you, your wife, your kids, your real estate... those trusts can generate income and are untouchable... this can be done through your lawyer or a local wealth management division at a good private bank

rule #7: never ever tell anybody how much you are worth or what your salary is --- in the end it never helps relationships, instead it often can create resentment

Great advice all the way around..............