Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently living in an apartment in Upper South Providence, which is on the other side of the river and interstate from Brown (~25 minute ugly walk to campus). It's a 2 bed place in a 3-family home with lots of amenities (parking! yard! laundry!) and the total rent is $1200. It is definitely possible to find rooms on the east side (where Brown is) in shared apartments/homes for $450-$600. Renting a whole apartment there is usually $1500-$1900 for 2-3 bedrooms. I'd say you're getting ripped off or have expensive taste if you're paying more than that in Providence. As for your second question, the vast majority of assigned reading is journal articles. I bought used editions of the required textbooks on Amazon last semester for ~$300 total and only had to buy one this semester for $75. This was a welcome change to shelling out >$200/book in undergrad!Hi @wwmmkk! I am considering Brown as my top choice so I'm wondering about the actual costs of living. Are you currently living in an apartment, if so how much are you paying a month? Also what is your estimated textbook fees for a semester?
Thank you so much!




It’s honestly all about program fit and I couldn’t be happier! 
