-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MSU-CHM decision today?
Started by tinker_rebel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I know did they have to include
"However, the Committee has a very large number of applications"
The next line after that is almost always a rejection!
"However, the Committee has a very large number of applications"
The next line after that is almost always a rejection!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I got the email too =) Thanks Dr.Drew and schooleyb and Salsera for all the reassurance; you must think our neuroticism is quite the silliness. I can't have beer right now because I'm down with stomach flu.. but seriously, that email and your posts did a lot to quell concern.
I was just really bummed because I swore to myself that if I got accepted, I'd take the weekend and ski nonstop in the fresh powder we got this week. Snow levels down to 3000 feet! I can see it from my house, it's so beautiful!
Haha, right on Disinence. The sentence I had a hard time with was "As you can imagine, decisions on some applications are able to be made fairly quickly, while others require more discussion and analysis before a final
decision can be made." That one sentence provides one month's worth of fuel for speculation.
It would be fun to go to school with you guys next year!! Let's keep the thread alive till March 21. Good luck all, have a few beers for me in the meantime.
Exkittydoctor, are you going to appeal?
I was just really bummed because I swore to myself that if I got accepted, I'd take the weekend and ski nonstop in the fresh powder we got this week. Snow levels down to 3000 feet! I can see it from my house, it's so beautiful!
Haha, right on Disinence. The sentence I had a hard time with was "As you can imagine, decisions on some applications are able to be made fairly quickly, while others require more discussion and analysis before a final
decision can be made." That one sentence provides one month's worth of fuel for speculation.
It would be fun to go to school with you guys next year!! Let's keep the thread alive till March 21. Good luck all, have a few beers for me in the meantime.
Exkittydoctor, are you going to appeal?
I was just really bummed because I swore to myself that if I got accepted, I'd take the weekend and ski nonstop in the fresh powder we got this week. Snow levels down to 3000 feet! I can see it from my house, it's so beautiful!
It would be fun to go to school with you guys next year!! Let's keep the thread alive till March 21. Good luck all, have a few beers for me in the meantime.
Exkittydoctor, are you going to appeal?
Don't worry, I was just as neurotic as you...but that was just a long time ago and I'm pretty sure I've cleansed myself of those bad memories (My phone actually dropped Dr. Schafers call, ie I hung up on the dean of admin when she was trying to tell me I got in...and it was a dial out only # so I couldn't call back!).
Where are you at? I'm soooo jealous, it's been such a sh*tty year to ski around here. Then again there isn't really anywhere good to ski either. You might as well go, get your mind off it all, not much you can do now.
I didn't know you could appeal a decision??? Seems like if they said no once pushing the issue wouldn't do much good.
and don't worry ....Spring Break has begun and there is much beer to be drank tonight 🙂
TinkkkkerRebel!!!!!!
SO SO SO happy for you.. I'm glad the re-interview worked out!! I knew it would =)
Dr. Drew--Socal ironically has snow. As far as whether it's a good place to ski.. the jury's still out. I'm a dedicated Tahoe fanatic, so Big Bear doesn't quite cut it for me. But it's snow. =)
SO SO SO happy for you.. I'm glad the re-interview worked out!! I knew it would =)
Dr. Drew--Socal ironically has snow. As far as whether it's a good place to ski.. the jury's still out. I'm a dedicated Tahoe fanatic, so Big Bear doesn't quite cut it for me. But it's snow. =)
Hey everyone, I'm a deferred acceptance from last year, and I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! I've been checking out the CHM posts from time to time this year to see how the class is shaping up. To anyone who is on the waitlist or is still waiting to hear, definitely keep your heads up. I interviewed at the end of last January and was place on the alternate list in mid/late February. I didn't find out that I was offered an acceptance (albeit deferred) until the first week of August, so it was quite a long road. The one thing I can recommend is to keep sending them updates of your activities, grades, and just your overall interest in CHM and why you would be a great fit for the class. Did you walk your neighbor's dog or help an old lady cross the street? Send it to them and take advantage of the fact that MSU, unlike some schools, would love to update your file with anything that lets them know that you REEAAALLLLY want to go to CHM. I probably sent at least five or so update emails (maybe more) after I was waitlisted, and I believe that was what helped me get over the top. Other than that, I second DrDrew's advice and grab a brew (or two) 😉
Good luck to everyone and I hope we all meet in August!
Good luck to everyone and I hope we all meet in August!
over 3.5 months waiting... and still nothing. April 5th is the last interview date, too
They didn't even give you an interview. At least you have a pretty sweet home though next year already
They didn't even give you an interview. At least you have a pretty sweet home though next year already
yeah, I wanted to check out what MSU was about though, too... I know people have been rejected at this point, so I'd like to see an update
I still haven't heard anything. My app is still in the preliminary review stage. Their website says they stop interviewing in March. Does that mean I'm out of time and will basically get rejected??😕
Does anyone here know about the MSU-CHM waitlist? Are people accepted prior to May 15?
What is the status of their class? Do they still have spots available or are the interviews coming up just for waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also interviewed there...
I hope we all get good news.
I hope we all get good news.
I just submitted my secondary essays online before the deadline they gave me. I guess they are supposed to let me know about an interview date now. It will be interesting to see what their MD program is like. Good luck everyone.
Whos ready for another round!
By the way, is their class already full?
Per a recent e-mail from MSU: "Our process is specifically set up so that the time an applicant is reviewed is not a factor in the decision to admit, and seats in the entering class remain available through the end of the application cycle." There last final decision notification date is 4/11, so there is still hope!
Its getting to be that time....
Anyone hear anything yet?
Anyone hear anything yet?
I wonder if those on the alternate list can be taken off on these decision days. 😕
Im not sure, but it seems rather un-likely
No one get any calls yet?
Scary...
No one get any calls yet?
Scary...
My guess is that tomorrow before 1:00 u will get an e-mail telling you that you will hear a decision on the 4th or 11th.
hey there
i interviewed on the 15th and loved the school! felt i had a good chance, but just got the alternate email this morning. bit disappointed🙁 is the earliest one can hear may? really hope i can still get in
make sure you send them a nice, sincere letter of interest.
hey there
i interviewed on the 15th and loved the school! felt i had a good chance, but just got the alternate email this morning. bit disappointed🙁 is the earliest one can hear may? really hope i can still get in
15th of march or 15th of febrary?
I still havent seen any change in my status page...grrr
Well i got the exact same e-mail i got last month...
Guess no news it good news...but not really
Who else!
Guess no news it good news...but not really
Who else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too disinence.. I didn't get the email, but there has been no change on my status page and I didn't get any sort of phone call last night. So, I'm guessing I was tabled again. I was so bummed out I stopped checking SDN for two weeks, but I'm ready to be proactive again. So hang in there..we'll do this together!!
hey all,
if i didn't get the "you were tabled" email again does that mean i got rejected, and should expect a rejection letter by mail in the next couple weeks?
nothing has changed on my status page.
i know they say don't call the admissions office, but how else to resolve this?
thanks...good luck you guys!! hang in there...
if i didn't get the "you were tabled" email again does that mean i got rejected, and should expect a rejection letter by mail in the next couple weeks?
nothing has changed on my status page.
i know they say don't call the admissions office, but how else to resolve this?
thanks...good luck you guys!! hang in there...
I sent thank you emails to both.
Did anyone here get in this round, or did everyone get the "Wait til April" email?
15th march. yup, will do, thanks DocOB. should i email the letter or send a hard copy, do you know?
sent thank you emails to both interviewers.
hmm, so perhaps we all still have a good chance, if they don't seem to have admitted many people yest?! 🙂
sent thank you emails to both interviewers.
hmm, so perhaps we all still have a good chance, if they don't seem to have admitted many people yest?! 🙂
Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. I interviewed recently, and Dr.Shafer said that it was likely we wouldn't hear anything until May if we were considered at the April 11th meeting (by the time they get their paperwork together, send things out, etc.). I was a little surprised to hear May...can anyone else attest to similar comments by her? Did I hear incorrectly? I would've thought that if the last committee meeting is April 11, then we'd be hearing no later than the third week of April. Hmmm....
Are you for real?
Didn't know that...I thought they would make their decisions on April 4 or April 11 and call you around then....I'm assuming the paperwork goes out weeks after that.
Didn't know that...I thought they would make their decisions on April 4 or April 11 and call you around then....I'm assuming the paperwork goes out weeks after that.
I interviewed last week and was told that decisions *may* come out in mid-April, but would more likely come out in late-April/early-May.
I am sure that the April 4th and April 11th decision dates still stand, but it sounds like they had to tack on a few more decision dates to compensate for the number they still have to review.
I am sure that the April 4th and April 11th decision dates still stand, but it sounds like they had to tack on a few more decision dates to compensate for the number they still have to review.
15th march. yup, will do, thanks DocOB. should i email the letter or send a hard copy, do you know?
sent thank you emails to both interviewers.
hmm, so perhaps we all still have a good chance, if they don't seem to have admitted many people yest?! 🙂
I sent LOI by email prior to interview, and one written after my interview since it was a while between interview and decision. Written is best but email is good too.
So I interviewed Mar 22....i hope they get to my file soon....
So I interviewed Mar 22....i hope they get to my file soon....
I think I interviewed with you🙂 Best of luck when they do get to our files (probably on the 11th). Did you write a LOI yet? Did you hear Dr.Shafer mention that we wouldn't hear until May if we were accepted there?
I think I interviewed with you🙂 Best of luck when they do get to our files (probably on the 11th). Did you write a LOI yet? Did you hear Dr.Shafer mention that we wouldn't hear until May if we were accepted there?
Awww....I was really hoping against hope that we receive a call tomorrow...! Yea, I did hear her say that we won't hear until May...
Something tells me I am going to have learn to be patient the hard way...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I interviewed with you🙂 Best of luck when they do get to our files (probably on the 11th). Did you write a LOI yet? Did you hear Dr.Shafer mention that we wouldn't hear until May if we were accepted there?
Oh, and yes, I did write an email of interest...lol...just in case they get to my file tomorrow...lol...ya, i have hope!
mine's going in the mail tomorrow....I always need to write it and then let it sit for a day or so to see if I radically change my mind about something I wrote. Did you email Dr.Shafer directly?
No, I emailed the admissions office and asked them to place my "letter" in my file...i attached a word document and asked them to print it off for me! 😀 Hope this helps! Are you nervous??? Cas I am!
I believe so!
Here it goes again
Here it goes again
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 716