Sep 24, 2017
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Can anyone explain the MSU Human Med prereq models? Is one more advantageous than the other? Does taking option B mean there is less of an importance on science/math GPA?

I am currently a Public Health BA student at UMich (I know, I'm a traitor for even considering MSU) with a minor in Medical Anthropology.

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Can anyone explain the MSU Human Med prereq models?
From my understanding of the models, they expect you to be at the "end point" of knowledge in all of them, but they are leaving the path you take to get there open

Is one more advantageous than the other?
I cant see why one would be better for admissions chances over the other. But it allows you to build the premed knowledge from anyone of multiple majors or courses

Does taking option B mean there is less of an importance on science/math GPA?
I would actually say quite the opposite. This path allows you to use either AP/CLEP credits for the lower level prereqs to get to the "end point" courses. It also would allow say Math or Engineering majors to skip intro physics. No matter what, the science GPA will still matter most

I am currently a Public Health BA student at UMich (I know, I'm a traitor for even considering MSU) with a minor in Medical Anthropology.
So you need a method to show sufficient science and math competency and that mean s via coursework. In your case, I cant see anything but option A to work as you will not have any other way to show that you have mastered the basic premedical knowledge expectation.

About the Ads