MSUCOM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they tell you where you were on the list? I signed there in September and I was second. I am wondering how full the list becomes and if it is a sure thing that there will be a place.

I chose to get put on the list to move in in May. Then if they don't have one in May that I want, I can get bumped to June, then if not July, etc. She wouldn't say exactly how many people are on the list, but she did say that June had the most people on it.

They only place so many people on the list, and they seem to be pretty confident that they will ALL get an apartment. She said that since she's worked there, there hasn't been someone on the waiting list that didn't get the apartment they wanted. You might not get the exact floor or view, but they will have a unit (ie Park Avenue or whatever one you need) that you can move into. It's just such a relief that I can secure somewhere to live without actually having to sign a lease yet!! We may very well end up neighbors next year :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody else been waitlisted at this school and then receive an email about scholarships to apply for (namely through the US Airforce)? I just got an email about it today, which I thought was weird.

Has anybody else been waitlisted at this school and then receive an email about scholarships to apply for (namely through the US Airforce)? I just got an email about it today, which I thought was weird.

They may have sent it to everybody waitlisted and accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
dress nice... but nix the suit =) Go with a dress-shirt and pants... and an umbrella! =)

Looks like my roommate and I will be joining you guys at Central Park! I think we need to have a MSUCOM Class of 2012 Central Park - Apartment Warming party! ;)

Looks like my roommate and I will be joining you guys at Central Park! I think we need to have a MSUCOM Class of 2012 Central Park - Apartment Warming party! ;)
:thumbup: Good call.

i wore dress pants, a dress shirt w/ tie and a cardigan over it

am I the only one still waiting? sure feels like it :(. complete since October 1st.

no you're def not the only one. i'm still waiting. been complete since early nov. this school would be soo ideal! i hope to hear soon!

Is there any news out there? Any new acceptances/wait lists/ rejections?? It's a slooooow night :)

I have been waiting since Oct. 11th :( Does anyone know if the committee is even still meeting? Or when they will start sending out rejection letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're still waiting, it's probably because they're waiting for more people to send in/not send in their deposits. If you haven't heard anything, not even waitlisted, I would check your status on the website or call the office. Rumor has it that the class is pretty full but I suspect that some people will be withdrawing now the MD acceptances are coming out in full.

Good luck!

It seems like things are really slow. I was waitlisted in early January with acceptance to 2013 and keep checking every day. I'm obsessed! :) I feel pretty discouraged because it seems like the class is full and all deposits were sent in. I wish something would turn up, but I think just staying positive is all that can be done at this point. Hang in there everyone who's still waiting! :)

Edit: I ment to be funny but it kinda came out....different, at any extent good luck at all the other waitlisters

i was told waitlist with no guarantee doesn't give you a decent shot at getting in. the assistant dean of admissions said that they only got through about 70% of the waitlist people that had a guarantee for the following year during last years admissions process. the best thing to do is hope that people withdrawl, even if they paid their deposit and maintain a positive outlook on everything.

I know that it is hard, but try to stay positive about the waitlist! Once all of the acceptances are handed out for the season, and then once financial aid info comes out, there will be a shuffle! I am one person that has paid up all of my deposits, but am waiting for all of my interviews to pan out and then make a decision based on all of the factors, a major one being who gives me the most (if any) free money. Try and stay positive, and make sure to keep the office updated about new activities/grades if they let you!

i was told waitlist with no guarantee doesn't give you a decent shot at getting in. the assistant dean of admissions said that they only got through about 70% of the waitlist people that had a guarantee for the following year during last years admissions process. the best thing to do is hope that people withdrawl, even if they paid their deposit and maintain a positive outlook on everything.

Does anyone know if the position of the wait list theory
( low=guaranteed next year Vs. High=not guaranteed )
offers any weight?

I don't know if this helps, but last year I got my rejection email around late March to Early April.

I did hear of a new acceptence a couple weeks ago, so I think there is still hope...

If you're on the waitlist your chances are good. I was told they don't waitlist people unless they have a reasonable chance. (I did hear the 'waitlist-theory' is true) and that a vast majority made it in last year. (though, you may not hear till the middle of June)

If you are complete but have not heard anything; to be perfectly honest, based on the intel I've gathered the last 1.5 years, if you don't hear very soon that you've (at the very least) made the waitlist, your odds of getting in this class are not good.

I was in your position last year so I feel for you guys. If you guys have any other questions feel free to message me. If it comes down to a reapplication for next year I can totally help with that too. GOOD LUCK!

I suppose being positive in any and every situation is the best thing to do! Good luck to everyone! Hope to see you all this summer! :)

I just called the admissions office to check on the status of my application and she would only tell me that its complete and as soon as the committee looks at it I will be notified. She wouldn't even tell me whether or not the class was full yet. I wish they could tell me something, anything...

I just called the admissions office to check on the status of my application and she would only tell me that its complete and as soon as the committee looks at it I will be notified. She wouldn't even tell me whether or not the class was full yet. I wish they could tell me something, anything...

It sounds like the committee is still meeting...

I know how you feel, the same thing happened to me...all you can do is be patient and hopeful..Good luck

Hey all, I'm looking for a inexpensive but safe/quiet hotel in East Lansing, MI - any suggestions?

Hey all, I'm looking for a inexpensive but safe/quiet hotel in East Lansing, MI - any suggestions?

The Super 8 on grandriver is inexpensive ($60) and fairly safe but in my expereince not quiet. 517-337-1621

Marriott on MAC is very safe and quiet, but can be expensive (about $140-$150/night) 517-337-4440

Residence Inn is safe and quiet and a bit cheaper ($110/night) and extremely close to Fee Hall 517-332-7711

If you don't mind driving 10-15 minutes the Clarion, Hampton, and Holiday Inns meet your criterias.

The Super 8 on grandriver is inexpensive ($60) and fairly safe but in my expereince not quiet. 517-337-1621

Marriott on MAC is very safe and quiet, but can be expensive (about $140-$150/night) 517-337-4440

Residence Inn is safe and quiet and a bit cheaper ($110/night) and extremely close to Fee Hall 517-332-7711

If you don't mind driving 10-15 minutes the Clarion, Hampton, and Holiday Inns meet your criterias.

Thanks for the advice! I actually went with Towneplace Suites by Marriott, they are on Hannah Blvd (across from campus?) for $99/night. It is an extended stay suite, and I don't need the amenities, but I think the location and price make it a good choice.

Has anyone heard anything at all from the waitlist? I'm getting pretty anxious...how's everyone else holding up?

I was curious to see if anyone has received a rejection letter from MSU. I called last week to see if they received my updated mcat score I faxed in. They told me they received them, but they do not consider the January MCAT. My first MCAT was low, and I do not expect to get accepted with that score. I was told the committee has not made a final decision. I was wondering if they don't send out the rejection letters until the very end of the application cycle, or if they send out rejection letters as you are rejected. Any information would help. Thanks!

I was curious to see if anyone has received a rejection letter from MSU. I called last week to see if they received my updated mcat score I faxed in. They told me they received them, but they do not consider the January MCAT. My first MCAT was low, and I do not expect to get accepted with that score. I was told the committee has not made a final decision. I was wondering if they don't send out the rejection letters until the very end of the application cycle, or if they send out rejection letters as you are rejected. Any information would help. Thanks!

They way they run admissions, they don't reject as they go. They only review the top 20% of applicants each time they meet to review applications, so they just continually skim off the top, allowing additional new people to be in that top 20% the next time they look. I don't know when they consider the season 'over', but they don't reject until they're sure they won't need to pull more people into the class. As far as I know the class is full, but they may still be adding people to the waitlist. Good luck! :luck:

Thanks for the info. I have been accepted to a graduate program at Midwestern and have to submit a large deposit Friday. I am just trying to figure out my chances of getting in at a med school before I submit my non-refundable deposit.

Thanks for the info. I have been accepted to a graduate program at Midwestern and have to submit a large deposit Friday. I am just trying to figure out my chances of getting in at a med school before I submit my non-refundable deposit.

I would not risk giving up your spot at Midwestern if you do not have another acceptance. I think the risk would be too high.

Is anyone playing on attending the open house that they sent an e-mail out about?

I planned on going--- until i looked and noticed that i had a german Final that day =P... Es ist furchtbar =P

It seems to be just like the Visitation they offered after Acceptance though, so YMMV with the Experience if you attended the "Tour" before...

I will be going unless my plans change from now till then. Good luck with your German DarkTide, NIN!<---only German I know :)

Does anyone know if the class is full? I have not heard one way or another from MSUCOM. I was complete back in Nov. I called two weeks ago to make sure I was complete, and I am. Do they notify you by mail or email if you have been accepted?

How long ago did you hear?

I was complete in late october, and accepted in early november

Did everyone that's accepted sign up for summer anatomy yet? I did yesterday. It only takes 5 minutes.

i'll be signing up when i find the letters they sent about creating a login =)... they're somewhere.... :luck:

I was waiting to do it until I was 1000% sure I was going to MSU...should I just do it now anyways and get it over with?

Just do it now---- quit denying the truth... we all know you wanna go to class with Steve and I =P....

I wonder when we figure out which lab section we are in?

Ha, I have no qualms about going to MSU...I was just trying to simplify my life by doing the least possible for sanity's sake :D I still have to pay MSU to send MSU my frickin transcripts over one building...yep, they're charging me $5 so I've been procrastinating that as well mostly on principle (I sent my transcripts from A2, since they don't charge ya). I'll dig out that paperwork tonight or tomorrow and sign up tonight or tomorrow....

Ok, now who wants to be my OMT buddy?!?!? :D

I know this subject may have been explained earlier but can someone please post a link or explain the amount of students that get off the high waitlist? I would really appreciate any information about this topic if you can locate it. Thank you!

For those on the high waitlist for 2012, should the financial aid be filled out? Are you looking for housing? Seems like it would be pretty disasterous to get pulled off the waitlist the day before classes start and not have anything prepared. What do you think?