msucom interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choppa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to an msucom interview? If so, please post details. Also, how long after interview can I expect to find out my "status" ?

Members don't see this ad.

I've interviewed at MSUCOM before. ;)

It is very relaxed, just like the atmosphere among the students. The admissions staff is great at helping that day and the interviews are usually very painless and pretty fun. You should know your status the next week on Wednesday or Thursday, I think.

I hope that answers your questions. Good luck.

lighthouse...

thanks for the info. i'm still so nervous as it's my first interview. anything else you think i need to know? and you really find out that soon after? ohmigosh! i never thought i would know that early. how's school, anyway? do you love it there? where else did you interview when you applied? why did you choose state?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
You really don't need to know much more for your interview. Just relax and enjoy the day. It will probably be fun.

Do I enjoy the school? You bet! Sure, it's hard (what med school isn't?), but I've never regretted my choice to come here. You will get really good at taking tests and your study skills will be honed in a new way like you could never imagine. Also, the COM here is a very tight-knit group. We tend to be quite social, and not so anal about scores (as we were in pre-med). Grading is pass/fail, which eliminates most competition between students and encourages an atmosphere where students help each other do well.

It's a great school. PM me if you want more info.

Good luck at your interview!

I heard that MSUCOM accepts almost all instaters that they interview. Is this true?

I don't think it's quite like that, but who's to say? Clearly every instater I go to classes with got accepted, but I don't know who didn't.

I know that MSUCOM does a very thorough screening via secondaries thereby interviewing less people. As a byproduct, more of the interviewees get accepted, but I doubt it is "almost all". Either way, good luck to everyone interviewing at MSUCOM! You'll love this place!