Murphy Deming/Mary Baldwin Univ. - PTCAS 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hubbarjt

Reaction score
Has anyone received an interview with Murphy Deming/Mary Baldwin for the regular admission cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed there on October 26th and was accepted about a week later. They are giving us until November 14th to accept or deny and then I believe they said they will start another round of interviews/acceptances.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else heard anything from Mary Baldwin/Murphy Deming? I've recently been invited for an interview but I haven't heard much from others about whether or not they've started filling their class. Also, does anyone have any advice/knowledge on how the interview went if they've already interviewed there?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I haven’t heard from them yet but I know a girl that recently had a interview and they let her know a couple days after. From what she told me this is the 4th round of interviews. Each interview has 18 applicants and she believes majority of the class is full.

I had my interview on January 12th, and was accepted on Wednesday! I have to make my decision and pay the deposit by the 30th.

What was the nature of the interview? Pretty intense questions?

It was actually the most laid back interview I did. You do two different interviews with two professors each lasting about 20 minutes. Both of mine were basically conversations where I was able to talk about what I wanted rather than answering standard interview questions. They were also very willing to answer any questions I had about the program.

It was actually the most laid back interview I did. You do two different interviews with two professors each lasting about 20 minutes. Both of mine were basically conversations where I was able to talk about what I wanted rather than answering standard interview questions. They were also very willing to answer any questions I had about the program.
Thank you for the insight! I have mine coming up this Friday.

The interview is very laid back as everyone has said! The first question I received asked what was I most worried about in starting a PT program and then the why Murphy Deming question. The next interview asked me how my undergraduate prepared me for the rigor of the PT program and then they next asked how my undergraduate prepared me to communicate appropriately with patients. The interviewers truly have no idea about your background so definitely figure out a way to include all of your past experiences, both clinical and academic, so they can get a good interpretation of your readiness to enter their program. Afterwards, they left ample time for me to ask them a handful of questions so I would definitely come prepared with questions that probably won't be answered in the introduction and tour. Good Luck!! I absolutely loved it and got in 3 days later so let me know if you have any other questions.

How is everyone? Can the people that got accepted put their stats.