Muslim Pregnant Woman

Started by 504poboy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

504poboy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any pharmacists know any Prenatal vitamins that are not capsule based or are kosher friendly and is covered under most insurances or medicaid? Capsules are gelatin based and come from pigs which Muslims try to avoid.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this RX or OTC. Do you know the NDC by chance? i just googled it and can't find it.

It's RX. NDC: 44118-0902-90. Used to be able to order it from McKesson I think, but I just checked and I can't anymore. Something may have happened to it.
 
Thanks I am going to check to see if I can order it on Monday. If anyone happens to know of any prenatal vitamin that is muslim friendly, please let me know!!
 
Any pharmacists know any Prenatal vitamins that are not capsule based or are kosher friendly and is covered under most insurances or medicaid? Capsules are gelatin based and come from pigs which Muslims try to avoid.
I feel like all of the prenatals we use are tabs, not caps. I haven't ever had this be an issue (and I have plenty of Muslim patients on MA). Maybe try PrePlus?
 
Lol vitamins can be haram? I understand gelatin capsules made of pork and stuff like Armour Thyroid but when were vitamins made from haram stuff ?
 
Why would someone on Medicaid get pregnant anyway? If you can't pay for yourself then how do you pay for a kid? Medicaid applications should have family/life planning classes that you need to complete before you become eligible for any benefits.
 
Any pharmacists know any Prenatal vitamins that are not capsule based or are kosher friendly and is covered under most insurances or medicaid? Capsules are gelatin based and come from pigs which Muslims try to avoid.
Nestabs are certified kosher.
 
In certain states, Medicaid pays for prenatal vitamins with no copay. There are some devout Muslims that refuse to take anything capsules. Gapapentin capsules, amoxicillin 500mg capsules, benzonatate capsules. Like if they I try to run them through and it isn't covered they want some thing that is covered and not a capsule. It gets crazy sometimes. Nestabs DHA comes with 2 doses a day. The first dose is the tablet and the second dose is the capsule. That will not work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Prenate Star (link) is kosher. No prenatal vitamin product with DHA will be "kosher" unless they actually use plant-based capsules. Just order Prenavite (800 mcg) and call it a day unless the Rx calls for 1000 mcg folic acid or a specific product
 
Why would someone on Medicaid get pregnant anyway? If you can't pay for yourself then how do you pay for a kid? Medicaid applications should have family/life planning classes that you need to complete before you become eligible for any benefits.

I mean if you expect the state to take care of you, why wouldn't you expect the state to take care of your kid? The left sees healthcare as a right and something that you shouldn't have to plan for. The right sees increased entitlements and handouts as the enemy and wouldn't want to fund additional services/classes on top of the benefits they are already reluctant to provide.
 
FYI If they are on state assistance and a member of their family speaks fluent English they might be refugees from Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. on a Special Immigrant Visa.