my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healer?

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I really enjoy this site.

My question is as to what my chances are at getting in to DO schools. My numbers are as follows: gpa of 2.995 & MCAT of 7 8 7 M. I have worked, played sports, and volunteered through all of college. I am a Chemistry and Women's Studies major. Through some very challenging family situations I had to essentially raise my two younger brothers and hold my family together for all of my undergraduate experience.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I would apply...have faith in yourself....and be sure to explain your situation in your essays....don't make it sound like excuses...but tell your story....

You can do it!!!!

Best of Luck!!!

I would seriously take a post-bac program and retake the MCATs. A 2.995 and 22M is really low. I understand that you might have hard hardships during undergrad, but you have to prove to the adcom that you can handle the workload.

Thanks for the responses.

I am going to go ahead and apply for some programs for next year (I am spending some time with a DO starting soon). I am also going to apply to some other programs (like teacher certification and americorps).

I appreciate the words of encouragement. This process sure is a humbling one!