my relationship with the DAT. How do i get him back? I need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Illstartmydiet2maro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you do timed full test practice in the weeks leading to the DAT last year?
Dang sorry to hear about all that. It must have been really tough

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't retake for this cycle. I'm sure you can get an interview some where with a 3.6 sGPA. At that point, it's up to your interview skills. I only have one advice, apply to like 20 schools (be realistic with your school choices) since money not issue for you. Unless you don't get in this cycle, then retake.

but did you do like a few 4.5 hour tests? like in entirety? I think that was the biggest help in terms of test conditions

I wouldn't retake for this cycle. I'm sure you can get an interview some where with a 3.6 sGPA. At that point, it's up to your interview skills. I only have one advice, apply to like 20 schools (be realistic with your school choices) since money not issue for you. Unless you don't get in this cycle, then retake.

Yea but i have friends that found out if they got in 3 weeks ago for last cycle. Especially cali schools that are still taking people.. It's too risky to wait.

I don't think you would remember too much of Bootcamp a year later, so I think it would probably be worth doing over again at some point. As for the main bio resource to use, if Cliff's wasn't working I don't think Kaplan would make much of a difference either - it's mostly just an inferior version of Cliff's. I'd consider Barron's AP Bio book or even the Examkrackers biology book for review in that subject.

With that said the resources you used are more than enough to score higher than an 18, so I suspect the issue is more so with how you were studying. Maybe you could give us more details there - did you take notes? How often did you practice? What did you do to keep the material in your memory?

Apply now. I was told by many to retake the DAT and I said "eff it, I'm gonna apply" and I got 3 acceptances.

If you don't hear back by February-ish 2018, then I'd sign up for the DAT for a retake. There's an opportunity cost of waiting when you have a solid GPA and a passable DAT.

What was ur score?