National Conference In Atlanta, anyone going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vcom2007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Peds Nat'l Conference this year? Has anyone been and knows what it's like?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone going to the Peds Nat'l Conference this year? Has anyone been and knows what it's like?

I"ll be there....

Freebies...lots of freebies everywhere....of course you have to want to get a million 5 ml bottles of liquid tylenol for kids:p but they are there for the taking!

Hey-I can't go this year (on night float :( ), but it's really fun! The resident section is big, and everyone is very friendly. Dive right in and go to some of the other presentations as well-there are lots of clinically oriented ones (on the website or in the guide). Bring comfortable shoes and an umbrella.

And definately visit the exhibitions, as OBP mentioned. Lots of freebies-more pens than you could ever use in your lifetime.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone think it's worth it for students?

anyone think it's worth it for students?

Well, it's FREE for students, so if you can get their and stay in the city cheaply, that's a pro. Whether it's worth it depends on what you want out of it. There will be lots of resident-related activities and conferences as well as career workshops, so that might be of value. The scientific subspecialty sessions are fairly clinically oriented so you can float through some of them, and there are tons of public policy lectures, sessions. All of these may be of interest. And the exhibits are fun.

So, I think it can be a good experience for students - not a compelling one, but fun if you can get to the meeting and stay cheaply.

Regards

OBP