NBDE II - questions discussions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Life9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody.

I am planning to take the NBDE II exam. Wanted to discuss some questions. Hopefully thru this we can help each other out.

Lets start:

Q1. Which antibiotic combination has the widest spectrum?
- Amoxicillin + clavulanic acid
- Pen V + tetracycline
- Amoxicillin + Metronidazole
- Erythromyicn + Tetracycline

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks blumnday99:)

but regarding solubility of zinc phosphate cement the qp answer is both
powder/ liquid ratio and diet and oral flora:
do u know what role that diet and oral flora play in its solubilty?

and with regards to cast gold inlay ans is c) and d) do u know why

and answer to description of composite resins the asda asnwer sheet says
because a), c) and d) do u know why d is included?

Thanks for answering..:luck:

sj

1. In preparation for restoration with composite resin all cavosurface angles should be:
a. well rounded
b. right angles
c. acute angle
d. obtuse angles
Beveling is indicated for composite margins to increase surface are available for etch. Beveling would create an obtuse cavosurface angle. (From Sturdevant’s Art and Science of Operative Dentistry – Chapter 6: Fundamentals in Tooth Preparation)

2. Solubility of zinc phosphate cement is markedly influnced by:
a. powder/ liquid ratio
b.diet and oral flora
c. brand of material
d. age of patient
A decrease in powder –liquid ratio decreases compressive strength, decreases film thickness, increases initial solubility, increases acidity, and lengthens setting time. (From Dental Materials Properties and Maniupulation by Robert Craig – Chapter 7: Cements)

3. In which of the following ways is cast gold inlay superior to amalgam restoration
a. better adaptation to cavity walls
b. low thermal conductivity
c. better capacity to withstand forces of mastication
d. more accurate postioning of contact area

Thermal conductivity of amalgam (0.055 cal/sec/cm2)
Thermal conductivity of gold (0.0710 cal/sec/cm2) (Not B)

Elastic modulus of amalgam (27,600 MPa)
Elastic modulus of gold (97,000 MPa)
Elastic modulus of enamel (83,000 MPa) (From same book as #2)

4. Which of the foloowing statements describe composite resins?
a. they can be placed and finished at the same appoint
b. more color stable than unfilled direct resins
c.similar to amalgam with coffecient of thermal expansion
d. finished surface tends to be rough
Sturdevant’s Chapter 11 – Introduction to Composite Restorations

Thanks blumnday99:)

but regarding solubility of zinc phosphate cement the qp answer is both
powder/ liquid ratio and diet and oral flora:
do u know what role that diet and oral flora play in its solubilty?

and with regards to cast gold inlay ans is c) and d) do u know why

and answer to description of composite resins the asda asnwer sheet says
because a), c) and d) do u know why d is included?

Thanks for answering..:luck:

sj

As far as the solubility question....I'm guessing diet and flora can change the pH of saliva...and it affects the solubility of cement.

For the gold inlay vs. amalgam restoration....I'd say that D is included because it's an indirect restoration vs. direct restoration.

For composite resins, the "rough" surface probably refers to the filler particles that stick up out of the matrix. It appears smooth, but microscopically there are lots of "bumps" (the filler) sticking out

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Thanks for the explanations!

sj

As far as the solubility question....I'm guessing diet and flora can change the pH of saliva...and it affects the solubility of cement.

For the gold inlay vs. amalgam restoration....I'd say that D is included because it's an indirect restoration vs. direct restoration.

For composite resins, the "rough" surface probably refers to the filler particles that stick up out of the matrix. It appears smooth, but microscopically there are lots of "bumps" (the filler) sticking out

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello can anyone kindly let me know regarding these q:

1. The mixing and condensing of amalgam should produce a restoration with the
1. maximum amount of matrix and minimum original alloy particles
2. minimum amont of matrix and maximum alloy particles?

do u know which one and why?

2. also does anyone know regarding all the different types of amalgam
1. Low cu
2. High Cu
3. Admixed
4 Lathe cut
5. Spherical

what do they all contain? and what do we use these days

and what condensor is used to condense spherical and why??

3.. In class 2 inlay cavity prep , axio pulpal line angle is beveled or rounded to?
a. prevent fracture
b. aid in full seating of restoration
c. prevent chipping of dentine when restoration is in function
4. permit more bulk of the permanent cementing medium to insulate the area from thermal shock

4. The direction of mesial and distal walls of class 5 amlagam cavity prepartion is determined by:
a. size of lesion
b. the necesssity for retention
c. direcion of enamel rods
d. gingivoaxial and occlusoaxial line angles

do u know the ans and why
Can anyone kindly please explain....

Thanks!!!
sj:luck:

why are pregnant patients not placed supine position?

how far should implants be from each other? 2,3,or 4 mm?

pregnant patients r nt placed on side i guess, r placed in supine, cause their uterus pressurizes on heart... not too sure..

implants shd be placed atleast 3 mm frm each other

pregnant patients r nt placed on side i guess, r placed in supine, cause their uterus pressurizes on heart... not too sure..

implants shd be placed atleast 3 mm frm each other

about the pregnat patients:(: (the one that is compressed is the "vena cava") Being in a supine (laying on the back) position can restrict or affect blood flow to the baby, in mainly the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. This is because the growing baby is making the uterus heavy, and in the supine position it can place pressure on the 'vena cava'.

The vena cava lies as you know on the right side of the body. During pregnancy the enlarged uterus also naturally leans towards the right side of the pregnat patient (as it moves up and out of the pelvis after 12 weeks). This can make the vena cava prone to becoming compressed while lying on the back. A reduction on blood flow back to the heart can indirectly the blood flow to the baby.

Thanks mirell!!

about the pregnat patients:(: (the one that is compressed is the "vena cava") Being in a supine (laying on the back) position can restrict or affect blood flow to the baby, in mainly the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. This is because the growing baby is making the uterus heavy, and in the supine position it can place pressure on the 'vena cava'.

The vena cava lies as you know on the right side of the body. During pregnancy the enlarged uterus also naturally leans towards the right side of the pregnat patient (as it moves up and out of the pelvis after 12 weeks). This can make the vena cava prone to becoming compressed while lying on the back. A reduction on blood flow back to the heart can indirectly the blood flow to the baby.

Just a couple of questions, for the boards part two, the answers will be based on the 2007 AHA prophylaxis guidelines, right? I've been seeing alot of incorrect answers to questions (kaplan Q bank) where they are saying you DO NEED to premedicate for mitral valve prolapse w/ regurgitation. I am under the impression you DO NOT (with or w/o regurgitation).

Another question- when you have a frenectomy that is interfering with treatment (diastema cases), do you do the surgery first to fix it and then ortho to fix the diastema? What's the correct order?

Final question- what is the correct sequence for ortho/oms cases in which you need to do a mandibular surgery to correct prognathism- ortho first, then OMS? or together at the same time?

Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I am looking for study partner for part 2 preferably girl. PLz reply me if interested to study together. I am planning to take it in oct last or nov start. Looking for a hard working partner. Reading materials MOSBY DECKS,ASDA PAPERS AND SOME COLLEGE STUFF

how would you make a crown of a tooth appear smaller mesial-distally?

by birth, how much of the crowns of primary incisors have calcified?

when you are doing perio tx, which teeth are the must susceptible to be lost during tx?

Just a couple of questions, for the boards part two, the answers will be based on the 2007 AHA prophylaxis guidelines, right? I've been seeing alot of incorrect answers to questions (kaplan Q bank) where they are saying you DO NEED to premedicate for mitral valve prolapse w/ regurgitation. I am under the impression you DO NOT (with or w/o regurgitation).

Another question- when you have a frenectomy that is interfering with treatment (diastema cases), do you do the surgery first to fix it and then ortho to fix the diastema? What's the correct order?

Final question- what is the correct sequence for ortho/oms cases in which you need to do a mandibular surgery to correct prognathism- ortho first, then OMS? or together at the same time?

Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback.

--The crowns of all 20 primary teeth begin to calcify btw 4-6 months in utero.
--Crown completion of all primary teeth occurs in the 1st year after birth, taking an average of 10 months for tooth calcification, the time from start of hard tissue formation until enamel calcification ranges from:
9 months for incisors to 13 months for primary 2nd molars.

hope it helps!

anyone else have any other answ...please post!!

thanks

how would you make a crown of a tooth appear smaller mesial-distally?

by birth, how much of the crowns of primary incisors have calcified?

when you are doing perio tx, which teeth are the must susceptible to be lost during tx?

Couple of questions

1. Person is in shock from lidocaine with epi, what do you give to reverse it?

2. Mandibular edentulous arch moves what direction? downward and out, downward and in, upward and in or upward and out

I think its downward and in

q 1. can u post the choices given for this q?
q 2. ans : downward and out

Couple of questions

1. Person is in shock from lidocaine with epi, what do you give to reverse it?

2. Mandibular edentulous arch moves what direction? downward and out, downward and in, upward and in or upward and out

I think its downward and in

i dont have the choices sorry....do you think its atropine?

also another question

3. most likely to cause a fatal interaction with narcotic opioid?
a. MAO
B. Ca channel blocker
c. Ace Inhibitor

i think for gold inlay: D
they have batter marginal integrity than any other.

hi there... i'm planing to take the part II next month..did u already take part II.. when do u think to do it..

Hi everyone,

I am looking for study partner for part 2 preferably girl. PLz reply me if interested to study together. I am planning to take it in oct last or nov start. Looking for a hard working partner. Reading materials MOSBY DECKS,ASDA PAPERS AND SOME COLLEGE STUFF

No I think it is not atropine..

I think for LA overdose : toxic

mild reaction-then O2 and moniter vital signs
Severe reaction- Call 911 maintain airway, vital signs CPR/ and drug is Valium( diazepam) if patient is in seizure: 5-10 mg IV
manage post -ictal state

any other views?

Thanks

i dont have the choices sorry....do you think its atropine?

also another question

a. MAO
B. Ca channel blocker
c. Ace Inhibitor

ans: MAO

also another question

a. MAO
B. Ca channel blocker
c. Ace Inhibitor[/QUOTE]

I AM SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR PART 2 STUDY PARTNER, WANT TO DISCUSS THE MAIN TOPICS AND QUESTION AND ANSWERS, MAINLY FOR EXAM ORIENTED QUESTIONS. EASY AND QUICK REVISION. IF ANYBODY INTERESTED SEND ME A EMAIL AT [email protected]
Preferably female but should be motivated and very regular for studies.

ans: MAO

also another question

a. MAO
B. Ca channel blocker
c. Ace Inhibitor
[/QUOTE]

questions: can anyone kindly asnwer

1. symptoms of atropine poisoning?

2. does acetaminophen cause methglobinemia?

3. which of the following changes produced by IV adm of epi results from stimulation of B- adrenergic receptors-
a.does it cause an increase in systolic pressure
b. or a decrease in diastolic pressure?

can anyone explain..?

Thank you

questions: can anyone kindly asnwer

1. symptoms of atropine poisoning?

2. does acetaminophen cause methglobinemia?

3. which of the following changes produced by IV adm of epi results from stimulation of B- adrenergic receptors-
a.does it cause an increase in systolic pressure
b. or a decrease in diastolic pressure?

can anyone explain..?

Thank you

1. atopine poisioning will cause all anticholinergic effects like lack of sweating,perspirations,ventricular fibrillation,hallucinations as it crosses blood brain barries, vasodilation.Antidote is physostigmaine.

2. Acetoaminophen does causes methhemoglobinemia .

3. epi causes an increase in systolic pressure.

Correct me if I m wrong.

Can any one help me out from where to get part 2 study stuff. what to study and the pattern of the exam.

what part of the curet or scaler do you apply to the tooth line angle?

a. front 1/3
b. middle 1/3
c. end 1/3
d. the whole part

1. 40lb child requires multiple dental procedure under LA. max. no. of cartridges of lidocaine with 1:10,0000 epinephrine that may be safely administered at this time? ans was 3 cartrides, how?

2. mecahnical property of which of base-metal alloys can be improved by heat treatment?
a. co-cr
b. co-ni-cr
c. ni-cr
d. all
e. none was ans.

endo perio q: can anyone kindly answer

1. Maxillary central incisor is traumatised in an accident, tooth is slightly tender to percussion , good alingnment, responds normally to pulp vitality test, Xray shows horizontal fracture of apical 1/3 what is your RX of choice?

a. RCT therapy
b. Observe and evaluate at a later time-6 months
c. apexification with ca(oh)2
d. apiceoctomy remove fractured apcal section, then rct

2. patient bumps his maxillary anterior teeth in an accident, teeth slightly loosened, when examined several days later teeth are normal.
On 6 MONTH recall visit, pulp testing indicates vital responses in all maxilarry teeth, your rx of choice is

a. Extraction
b. RCT therapy
c. Ca(oh)2 pulpotomy
d. observe and evaluate - 6 months

thanks

:thumbup:

endo perio q: can anyone kindly answer

1. Maxillary central incisor is traumatised in an accident, tooth is slightly tender to percussion , good alingnment, responds normally to pulp vitality test, Xray shows horizontal fracture of apical 1/3 what is your RX of choice?

a. RCT therapy
b. Observe and evaluate at a later time-6 months
c. apexification with ca(oh)2
d. apiceoctomy remove fractured apcal section, then rct

2. patient bumps his maxillary anterior teeth in an accident, teeth slightly loosened, when examined several days later teeth are normal.
On 6 MONTH recall visit, pulp testing indicates vital responses in all maxilarry teeth, your rx of choice is

a. Extraction
b. RCT therapy
c. Ca(oh)2 pulpotomy
d. observe and evaluate - 6 months

thanks

:thumbup:

1. Observe and Evaluate
2. Observe and Evaluate

thats my take

Thanks for the answers!! drpuri

How is everyone's preparation going on ? :idea:

Anyone took the exam in sept/ oct , kindly post your exam tips for us..please....
also post any doubts on any q , so that all of us can pitch in and discuss possible answers...keep it going guys...

Good luck.:thumbup:

1. atopine poisioning will cause all anticholinergic effects like lack of sweating,perspirations,ventricular fibrillation,hallucinations as it crosses blood brain barries, vasodilation.Antidote is physostigmaine.

2. Acetoaminophen does causes methhemoglobinemia .

3. epi causes an increase in systolic pressure.

Correct me if I m wrong.

What are the answers to these questions pleasae anybody? Thanks

and best of luck to everyone trying to pass this exam.

Oh and does anyone else know where else they are reviewing more part 2 board questions?

1. A young patient receiving endodontic therapy on the maxillary left central incisor. The tooth now is indicated for an esthetic pin retained restoration as interim treatment. Which of the following kinds of pins may be used.
A. Self threading pins
b. Friction lock pins
c. Serrated cemented pins
d. Self shearing pins
e. Non serrated cemented pins
* 2.top of the implant is what mm from adjacent cej
a. 2-3mm
b. 4-5mm
c. 7-8mm
d. 5-6mm
*3. What does the moyers probability chart predict when a transitional dentition analysis is performed?
A. The widths of mandibular anterior teeth
b. The space available for permanent canine and premolar
c. The width of permanent canines and premolars
d. The space needed for alignment of permanent mandibular central and lateral incisors
*4. To expose a mandibular lingual torus of a patient who has a full complement of teeth, the incision should to
a. Semilunar
b. Paragingival
c. In the gingival sulcus and embrasure area
d. Directly over the most prominent part of the torus
e. Inferior to the lesion, reflecting the tissue superior
*5.which of the following has the best survival rate?
Asquamous cell carcinoma
b adenocarcinoma
c osteosarcoma
*6. Small white lesion on the tooth the patient's whole life. What caused it?
A hypercalcification during the first 6-12 months
b hypercalcification during natal
c hypercalcification during the primary tooth
7. Which is the least likely to cause bacterial endocarditis?
-a extraction
- b caling and root planing
-c probing
- d adult prophy
- e root canal therapy

*8. To chk bone volume radiograph:
A)bwx
b)pa
c)pan
d)substraction
9. The time for most finishing and polishing procedures for an indirect cast restoration is

a. Only after cementing the casting.
B. Before and after cementing the casting.
C. After the casting is tried on the tooth.
D. Before the casting is tried on the tooth.
*10. When do you fill the tooth with caoh?
A- 1st week into splinting
b- after 14 days splinting
-c resorption
11. When you use use ziinc oxide in a primary tooth what kind do you use
a.with cataylst
b. Without catalyst

*12. 1 liter of water with 1 ppm fluoride; how much mg?

*13. Reason not to have to replace class ii amalgam?
A. Open contact packing food,
b. Fracture at axiopulpal line angle area
c.recurrent decay radiographically,
d. Occlusal margins over carved

* 14. After etch and primer, hybrid layer formed by what?

*15.what is not an indication for restoring class v abrafaction?
Asensitivity,
b esthetics,
c prevention of decay,
d prevention of further structure loss,
e restoring physiological contour
*16. Hand rolled acrylic tray can't be used for 24 hrs why?
A.distortion,
b. Needs to dry,
c. Adhesive won't stick
* 17.what does not remove sulcular plaque?
A.toothpick
b. Nylon bush,
c. Water pick,
d. Powered brush,
e.floss
*18. 19 y/o female previously treated for endo fracture at level of alveolus; what to do to maintain esthetics?
A fpd over remaining tooth structure
b remove remaining tooth structure,
c ortho to extrude remaing tooth structure
* 19. Organism implicated on causing severe spreading abscesses include
a. Fusobacterium
b. Campylobacter
c. Enterococci
d. Bacteroides

* 20. A periodontal exam of a patient referred for endodontic treatment
a. There is an inward flow of fluid
b. There is an outward flow of fluid
c. There is no fluid

* 21. What composite should ideally be used for a class 5
a. Microfil because it is pollished better
b. Microfil because it is stronger
c. Hybrid because it is polished better
d. Hybrid because it is stronger
*22. Which of the following are effects common to pentobarbital, diazepam and meperidine
a. Amnesia and skeletal muscle relaxation
b. Anticonvulsant and hypnotic
c. Analgesia and relief of anxiety

*23. In office bleaching changes the shade through all except
a. Dehydration
b. Etching tooth
c. Oxidation of colorant
d. Surface demineralization

*24. If removal of torus must be performed to a patient with full-mouth dentition, where shouldthe incision be made?
A. Right on the top of the torus
b. At the base of the torus
c. Midline of the torus
d. From the gingival sulcus of the adjacent teeth
*25. The % of specific la which is present in the base form when injected in the t\issue whiose ph is 7.4 ininversely proportional to the pka of that agent

a.onset if faster, duration is longer
b.onset is slower ,duration is lolnger
c.duration same onset is slower
d.onset and duration same
*26. What is the most definite way to distinguish amelloblastoma from ok
a.smear cytology
b.reactive light microscopy
c.reflective microscopy

i think these are the correct answers...correct me if i am wrong. thanks :)

1. A young patient receiving endodontic therapy on the maxillary left central incisor. The tooth now is indicated for an esthetic pin retained restoration as interim treatment. Which of the following kinds of pins may be used.
A. Self threading pins--ans.
b. Friction lock pins
d. Self shearing pins
a. 2-3mm
b. 4-5mm--- should be 3 mm apart from adjacent implant and 1 mm from adjacent teeth...3+1=4. so im assuming this is the answer.
c. 7-8mm
d. 5-6mm
*3. What does the moyers probability chart predict when a transitional dentition analysis is performed?
b. The space available for permanent canine and premolar---ans.
d. The space needed for alignment of permanent mandibular central and lateral incisors
*4. To expose a mandibular lingual torus of a patient who has a full complement of teeth, the incision should to
a. Semilunar
b. Paragingival
c. In the gingival sulcus and embrasure area---ans.
A. squamous cell carcinoma---ans.(depending on location)
b adenocarcinoma
c osteosarcoma
*6. Small white lesion on the tooth the patient’s whole life. What caused it?
A hypercalcification during the first 6-12 months---ans.
-a extraction
- b scaling and root planing
-c probing
- d adult prophy
- e root canal therapy---ans (i think, but not sure...b/c all others causes bleeding)

A)bwx
b)pa
c)pan---ans. not sure though...b/c only 2-D
d)substraction
9. The time for most finishing and polishing procedures for an indirect cast restoration is

-c resorption---ans
a.with cataylst
b. Without catalyst

d. Occlusal margins over carved---ans

A sensitivity,
b esthetics,
c prevention of decay,
*16. Hand rolled acrylic tray can’t be used for 24 hrs why?
A.distortion,
b. Needs to dry,
c. Adhesive won’t stick
A. toothpick
b. Nylon bush,
c. Water pick--ans
d. Powered brush,
e.floss
*18. 19 y/o female previously treated for endo fracture at level of alveolus; what to do to maintain esthetics?
c ortho to extrude remaing tooth structure---ans
a. Fusobacterium
b. Campylobacter
c. Enterococci
d. Bacteroides

c. There is no fluid

*22. Which of the following are effects common to pentobarbital, diazepam and meperidine
a. Amnesia and skeletal muscle relaxation--ans

a. Dehydration
b. Etching tooth
c. Oxidation of colorant
d. Surface demineralization--ans

*24. If removal of torus must be performed to a patient with full-mouth dentition, where shouldthe incision be made?
c. Midline of the torus
d. From the gingival sulcus of the adjacent teeth---ans
*25. The % of specific la which is present in the base form when injected in the t\issue whiose ph is 7.4 ininversely proportional to the pka of that agent

a.smear cytology
b.reactive light microscopy--ans
c.reflective microscopy

Thanks for the ans

but regarding RCT treatment and endocarditis , according to AHA:

Dental procedures for which prophylaxis is recommended in patients with cardiac conditions :
All dental procedures that involve manipulation of gingival tissue or the periapical region of teeth, or perforation of the oral mucosa*

so regarding rct treatment, not sure ..

can anyone else kindly share their thoughts on this q

i think these are the correct answers...correct me if i am wrong. thanks :)

A. Self threading pins--ans.
b. Friction lock pins
d. Self shearing pins
a. 2-3mm
b. 4-5mm--- should be 3 mm apart from adjacent implant and 1 mm from adjacent teeth...3+1=4. so im assuming this is the answer.
c. 7-8mm
d. 5-6mm
b. The space available for permanent canine and premolar---ans.
a. Semilunar
b. Paragingival
c. In the gingival sulcus and embrasure area---ans.
A. squamous cell carcinoma---ans.(depending on location)
b adenocarcinoma
c osteosarcoma
*6. Small white lesion on the tooth the patient’s whole life. What caused it?
A hypercalcification during the first 6-12 months---ans.
-a extraction
- b scaling and root planing
-c probing
- d adult prophy
- e root canal therapy---ans (i think, but not sure...b/c all others causes bleeding)

A)bwx
b)pa
c)pan---ans. not sure though...b/c only 2-D
d)substraction

-c resorption---ans
a.with cataylst
b. Without catalyst

d. Occlusal margins over carved---ans

A sensitivity,
b esthetics,
c prevention of decay,
*16. Hand rolled acrylic tray can’t be used for 24 hrs why?
A.distortion,
b. Needs to dry,
c. Adhesive won’t stick
A. toothpick
b. Nylon bush,
c. Water pick--ans
d. Powered brush,
e.floss
c ortho to extrude remaing tooth structure---ans
a. Fusobacterium
b. Campylobacter
c. Enterococci
d. Bacteroides

c. There is no fluid

a. Amnesia and skeletal muscle relaxation--ans

a. Dehydration
b. Etching tooth
c. Oxidation of colorant
d. Surface demineralization--ans

c. Midline of the torus
d. From the gingival sulcus of the adjacent teeth---ans

a.smear cytology
b.reactive light microscopy--ans
c.reflective microscopy

I think E ( medial pterygoid )is the answer ,the needle lies lateral to medial pterygoid muscle during inf alv nerve block.

Well going by anatomy and my technique for IAN block I always go through the buccinator first. My technique which is straight from the text book has my needle insertion going slightly anterior to the pterygomandibular raphe, which if my anatomy serves me correct has the buccinator attaching anterior and the superior constrictor posterior. So my logic would say that it FIRST enters the buccinator. I must say that i feel sorry for the person that enters the superior constrictor first unless you are aiming for an iatrogenic bell's palsy.

I think E ( medial pterygoid )is the answer ,the needle lies lateral to medial pterygoid muscle during inf alv nerve block.

The answer is Buccinator. I found it on wikipedia.
When you have trismus is most likely due to piercing the medial pterygoid

Sorry guys i know this post does not fit in here but I need the explanations for the released papers for the NBDE PART2. I guess they are from kaplan .anybody wish to share or sell ...reply me soon its urgent.
Thanks

which of the following produces a satisfactory anasthesia when injecting a LA solution for an extraction ?
1. mental injection for the primary mandi second molar
2.subperiosteal infiltration for primary mandi first molar
3.subperiosteal infiltration over the facial apex of the primary maxi molar
4.inf alveolar block injection for a permanent maxi central incisor
5.subperiosteal inflitration over the apex of the permanent maxillary central incisor

the ans given is 4
can someone tell me how ????

which of the following produces a satisfactory anasthesia when injecting a LA solution for an extraction ?
1. mental injection for the primary mandi second molar
2.subperiosteal infiltration for primary mandi first molar
3.subperiosteal infiltration over the facial apex of the primary maxi molar
4.inf alveolar block injection for a permanent maxi central incisor
5.subperiosteal inflitration over the apex of the permanent maxillary central incisor

the ans given is 4
can someone tell me how ????

It is because IAN block also blocks the lingual nerve..where as for max molar we need GP block and for max central we need nasopalatine as well along with subperiosteal.

This is my guess not sure.

how can inf alveolar nerve block anaesthetise maxillary central incisor

1 is the correct answer : mental injection for the primary mandibular second molar

It is because IAN block also blocks the lingual nerve..where as for max molar we need GP block and for max central we need nasopalatine as well along with subperiosteal.

This is my guess not sure.

What is This?? extraction upper and do IAN??
how about doing greater palatine nerve block and ext lower incisor??