NBDE part 2 Sept 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

trickybenny

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my scores back for part 2
Got an 81. I haven't heard of any failures from my dental school yet. I was incredibly nervous as to whether I passed or not, but my scores were better than I thought they would be.

Mosby's was the ticket, Decks were really just ok supplemental material for me... i studied them when I couldn't read mosby's. Get ahold of the Tufts' pharm review. People should be careful selling materials from other universities. I remember reading about a student selling some kaplan material that got kicked out of med school. anyways. Good luck to all those taking Part 2
 
Congratulation benny, can you please tell your total right answers, I am waiting for my result too.

Got my scores back for part 2
Got an 81. I haven't heard of any failures from my dental school yet. I was incredibly nervous as to whether I passed or not, but my scores were better than I thought they would be.

Mosby's was the ticket, Decks were really just ok supplemental material for me... i studied them when I couldn't read mosby's. Get ahold of the Tufts' pharm review. People should be careful selling materials from other universities. I remember reading about a student selling some kaplan material that got kicked out of med school. anyways. Good luck to all those taking Part 2
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you heard of anyone taking the UMKC review? just wondering...

Got my scores back for part 2
Got an 81. I haven't heard of any failures from my dental school yet. I was incredibly nervous as to whether I passed or not, but my scores were better than I thought they would be.

Mosby's was the ticket, Decks were really just ok supplemental material for me... i studied them when I couldn't read mosby's. Get ahold of the Tufts' pharm review. People should be careful selling materials from other universities. I remember reading about a student selling some kaplan material that got kicked out of med school. anyways. Good luck to all those taking Part 2
 
Got my scores back for part 2
Got an 81. I haven't heard of any failures from my dental school yet. I was incredibly nervous as to whether I passed or not, but my scores were better than I thought they would be.

Mosby's was the ticket, Decks were really just ok supplemental material for me... i studied them when I couldn't read mosby's. Get ahold of the Tufts' pharm review. People should be careful selling materials from other universities. I remember reading about a student selling some kaplan material that got kicked out of med school. anyways. Good luck to all those taking Part 2

Hey, I heard alot about the pharm review in order to boost my score on pt2 unfortunately I couldn't get a hold of it. However, I aquired notes from the blackboard of a highly regarded US dental school and they worked out fantastic for me! There's nothing wrong with us FTD's getting an inside track too! 🙂 Good luck everyone....
 
It's been two weeks since I took part II exam, still waiting for the score. How long did you guys waited for it???

My part I score came in within 2 weeks, so that's what I am anticipating.
 
Last edited:
It's been two weeks since I took part II exam, still waiting for the score. How long did you guys waited for it???

My part I score came in within 2 weeks, so that's what I am anticipating.

I gave my part 2 somewhere around 21-22 october and got my score today...

got 80 🙂 pretty satisfied with it..357/500 68/100 in case based..
 
I gave my part 2 somewhere around 21-22 october and got my score today...

got 80 🙂 pretty satisfied with it..357/500 68/100 in case based..

Hi appu09, Im just new in this forum,can you give me your email addy so i can ask you more about part 2.My email is [email protected].
Where did you get all your review materials, can i buy it from you? I took part 2 last oct, 23-24,but unfortunately i didnt pass,so i wanna try it again ,can you give me some pointers? thankz
 
I was supposed to take it on November but after taking the MosbyCDrom I got poor 30% right , I felt I was not prepared. Im take it wihitn next couple of weeks.
 
My Part II experience..

Exam date: Nov 2 and 3

Study time: 3 weeks consistently everyday after clinic and ~6 hours Sat/Sun

Study material: Mosbys (NOT for pharm), Decks (NOT for prosth, oral path, pharm as it would have taken too long), Tufts pharm review. I didn't have time to go through any old exams.

Score: Scaled score of 82. I got 74% of all questions correct and only 60% of the case based questions correct.

My 2 cents: Mosbys was my main study aid and a good one at that. I studied the Tufts pharm review exclusively for pharm and did my best on that section (34/38 questions correct). Don't stress out about getting through the decks completely. If you feel like a section is taking too long in the decks (like pharm, path, prosth), then it probably is and you should study Mosbys instead. Focus on getting through all the material at least once, even if it's a combination of Mosbys + Decks. I reviewed ortho/pedo many times over as I was aware the test was heavy in this area. The day before I reviewed behavioral, pharm and path. You will probably know 60% of the questions definitively, be able to narrow 30% down to 2 answers and 10% will be from left field. Make educated guesses and you'll be fine.. Good luck!

Hup