You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NCSU c/o 2018 applicants!
Started by Lab Vet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'll be with you :/Good Luck to all you OOSers!!! I'll just be off twiddling my thumbs in the corner until mid to late March =)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gosh they're being slow this year. If I remember correctly, my year the OOS people got notification in late December and IS in the first week or so of March. Sorry they're making you wait so long... but good luck!! 🙂
oops wrong thread
I'm still wishfully thinking they'll be ahead of their mid-February schedule. Nothing like setting yourself up for disappointment! Pretty sure my husband is worrying about my obsessive stalking of the mail/stress about getting accepted. I hate not knowing because my contract is up for my job and I want to know if I have to reapply for it or not!!
I am at a OneHealth meeting eaves dropping on convos and I thought I heard someone say that they just finished up out of state applications. Maybe you guys will hear soon. Good luck!I'm still wishfully thinking they'll be ahead of their mid-February schedule. Nothing like setting yourself up for disappointment! Pretty sure my husband is worrying about my obsessive stalking of the mail/stress about getting accepted. I hate not knowing because my contract is up for my job and I want to know if I have to reapply for it or not!!
You will be my hero if that's the case!I am at a OneHealth meeting eaves dropping on convos and I thought I heard someone say that they just finished up out of state applications. Maybe you guys will hear soon. Good luck!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Speaking of transcripts, they only wanted us to send them to VMCAS for fall semester right? Some other schools wanted them direct. I'm hoping I read it correct online!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
That's what I did, I think that's correct.Speaking of transcripts, they only wanted us to send them to VMCAS for fall semester right? Some other schools wanted them direct. I'm hoping I read it correct online!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
They changed what they wanted on the website on January somethingth. But ultimately it was to send it to VMCAS. If you did something different, there probably wasn't an issue -- but you may want to call and check.
Someone was notified today. He's seemingly in state but with weird circumstances...? Idk. Just thought I'd share.
Phone call, email, or snail mail? Do you know?Someone was notified today. He's seemingly in state but with weird circumstances...? Idk. Just thought I'd share.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it's regular mail :-/ which means I won't know until Tuesday if it comes...I really hope they do emails. I don't want to drive all the way home to open a letter, especially if it's bad news!
I really hope they do emails. I don't want to drive all the way home to open a letter, especially if it's bad news!
They usually always do snail mail :/
Well we can all hope!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
It'll be snail mail and IS kids don't get your hopes up, we won't hear until march unless you're some special circumstance.
Really this kid wasn't a normal circumstance so don't go crazy.
Someone was notified today. He's seemingly in state but with weird circumstances...? Idk. Just thought I'd share.
Really this kid wasn't a normal circumstance so don't go crazy.
Perhaps a food animal scholar? http://cals.ncsu.edu/an_sci/FoodAnimalScholars/
Haha easier said than done!! I think we are all so on edge that any chance that we might hear sends us straight to crazy! 🙂Really this kid wasn't a normal circumstance so don't go crazy.
I know I know. I'm right there with y'all, just IS haha. I'm playing the OOS waiting game with other schools though! I feel your pain.Haha easier said than done!! I think we are all so on edge that any chance that we might hear sends us straight to crazy! 🙂
Gosh they're being slow this year. If I remember correctly, my year the OOS people got notification in late December and IS in the first week or so of March. Sorry they're making you wait so long... but good luck!! 🙂
I didn't hear back until late January or early February. I was at my Purdue interview.
Okay, then it was the year before us, maybe. At some point they definitely sent notifications at some point in December, but I've now been watching the process for six years so they're blurring together a bit. 😛I didn't hear back until late January or early February. I was at my Purdue interview.
I am at a OneHealth meeting eaves dropping on convos and I thought I heard someone say that they just finished up out of state applications. Maybe you guys will hear soon. Good luck!
I think I know who you are in real life. I'm creepy.
Lol. Creeper.I think I know who you are in real life. I'm creepy.
I know someone I know is on here. Must do more research. Must study virology. Ahhh decisions.Lol. Creeper.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
or maybe it's you I know.Someone was notified today. He's seemingly in state but with weird circumstances...? Idk. Just thought I'd share.
My heart dies a little inside
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Maybe?or maybe it's you I know.
Thank you! That's very generous of you!When it's time for accepted students day, I have a spare room with 2 twin beds if someone needs a place to stay.
I hope that they have the OOS stuff done and sent out... Looks like raleigh/most of NC is going to shut down for a while. SNOWPOCALYPSE!
All the milk and bread is gone so you know it's serious.I hope that they have the OOS stuff done and sent out... Looks like raleigh/most of NC is going to shut down for a while. SNOWPOCALYPSE!
Wasn't expecting anything until Friday at the earliest. Now I'll push those expectations back while drowning in some wine tonight.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Oh yeah the whole university shut down two hours ago, and the entire city is in gridlock. Unless they got it out a while ago, y'all are gonna wanna post up somewhere and set a spell.
Haha I kept seeing these all over reddit. I'm thinking maybe by March we'll hear something with the looks of things.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So in the lucky occasion that I get accepted to NCSU, I have made a preliminary pro/con list between NC and another school.
So far, -1 point for NCSU in its ability to handle snow...![]()
Yeah, its a hazard every time it snows. As bad as it is though, one pro is that they are very likely to cancel class (especially after yesterday when they let us out at noon, right when the snow started). I would like to think we are getting a little better though... One year this happened with less than an inch of snow and children had to sleep in schools.
I bet at the earliest, the end of next week.Haha. I wonder how much longer it will be!
Well employees went back to work late today, so there's that. And the roads are mostly clearish kind of. Except for black ice.
Too bad there's no mail Monday even if letters went out today/tomorrow we won't know until Tuesday at the earliest. 🙁Well employees went back to work late today, so there's that. And the roads are mostly clearish kind of. Except for black ice.
hi hopefuls!!! totally spamming you guys, but if (when) you get accepted, you would like a roommate, I am currently finishing off my 3rd year at St. George's University and looking for housing starting in June in Raleigh for my NCSU clinical year! Please message me 🙂 I'm not really sure where to begin looking for housing from another country...😱
