Need a Grad Level Biochem similar to UNE's for Dream Program!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pitbull2o08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A good evening to everyone and thank you for your assistance. I am a long time lurker, but first time poster.

I was in contact with some of the professionals on the board of a program I'm very interested in getting into, and was advised to, "Ace a biochem course of graduate level proportions similar to UNE's online Biochem course." I have been reading on this forum and have seen mixed reviews for UNE. I have also been searching for GRADUATE level courses similar but to no avail. I need to ace this course in order to get into my dream program, I am also currently working 36 hours a week in the ICU, nights. Therefore, I'd like to not set myself up for failure but jumping into UNE's without first being mentally prepared. If all else fails, I can quit my job and devote 100% of my life to this course, in order to ace it and start the program in February.

Thanks everyone for you help!

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, the material is very dense, however it is something I do love. Having worked in healthcare for several years, I'm sure i can apply it in a way that will allow me to retain the information. Perhaps your right, maybe I need to back off of work a bit in order to devote the amount of time needed for the result.

UT's class seemed great until I saw that it said 2nd or 3rd year University course. Whereas, I'm looking for a graduate level biochem. Thanks for your input though, I greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
the advice you got was contradictory so maybe find out more. it's either graduate biochem, or it's similar to UNE.

Interesting. He did say graduate level and UNE in his email. Perhaps "Post-Bacc" would be a more accurate description of the type of courses preferred. Either way, I am still researching options and appreciate the UofT suggestion.