I just graduated college and was originally applying for this cycle. What is missing though is my MCAT score, which had been postponed the previous year due to military obligations.
cGPA: 3.26
sGPA: 2.94
I know my science is very low... which means I will need a high MCAT score, but again with some military obligations and other obligations during the school year, I did not study as much as I would like. I am scoring around ~490 on Kaplan tests. I have yet to take a AAMC. This is mostly with little studying... I am taking the May 18th date. I can't move it forward b/c I will out of the country this summer.
I have plans to work as a scribe next year. I can possibly work there for 2 years, doing another gap year, if I have to retake my MCAT...
My extracurriculars are very good. Aside from the military, I worked in state government, 80+ volunteer and ~100 shadowing hours,and have acquired great letters of recs.
What is the minimum MCAT score do you think will be worth applying this cycle? Or should I just, once again, postpone the MCAT to next year? Since I already asked my letter writers, will I be able to hold their recs for next year?
I am planning to applying primarily DO schools, with the exception of my in-state MD schools and USUHS.
Thoughts?