This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjohn117

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :)

I was fortunate enough to be accepted into DMU and RVUCOM-CO, and I'm having trouble weighing my options. I will be going the military route to pay for school, so the price isn't as big a deal as setting myself up to specialize competitively. Any thoughts and insights would be greatly appreciated on which would be the better choice as I don't know anyone to ask!

Wishing everyone a successful cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

DMU is considered one of the top DO schools (2nd oldest), but you do have a lotto with rotations. It is also a graded curriculum (many DO schools are), but they are opening up a new location for their campus.

Any pros and cons? If you have family in one location or the other, I would just do that because DMU won’t give you much of an edge over RVU-CO. My gut says DMU because of its solid reputation and RVU’s for-profit ownership. But honestly, RVU’s match list is consistently as good as DMU’s, so if you prefer Denver subs over Des Moines, it’s not a bad choice.

Reactions: 1 user