This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

type42tardis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO APPLY......just kidding :)

I posted on here a year ago regarding the same thing. But That was with a projected MCAT score. My actual score turned out horrible. So I took a year and increased my score significantly. Now I just need to figure out where to apply.

I just graduated from my undergraduate (May of 2018) and I am resident of Florida. I am planning on applying to all Florida MD schools (USF, UF, UCF, UM, Nova, etc). However, that is only 8 school, and I have no idea where else to apply out of state.

I am planing to apply to medical school this cycle, and will be submitting at the end of June of 2018.

My stats:

• Degrees
    • Major in Biomedical Sciences
    • Minor in Biomedical Physics
    • General Business Certificate
  • MCAT:
    • First attempt: 502 (126/123/125/128)
    • Second Attempt: 513 (130/126/126/131)
  • GPA
    • Science: 3.90
    • Overall: 3.91
  • Volunteering Hrs:
    • 200 hrs clinical (400 projected)
      • Started June of 2015 at local VA hospital
    • 40 hrs non clinical (350 projected)
      • started May of 2018
  • Shadowing hrs: include hours/specialties 30 hours following the Cardiology Residency team with PI in the ICU and Cat lab at the VA 10 hours Gastroenterologist 20 hours Primary care pediatrician 20 hours radiologist total: 80 hours
  • Extracurriculars:
    • Internationally certified, 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo.
      • I train for 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. Placed 1st place in multiple local tournaments, but nothing national level.
    • Work
      • I have been working 20-25 hrs a week throughout my time in college.
      • I have worked at the same job for the entire duration of my undergraduate studies, and have earned the rank of supervisor
    • Research
      • I have been working in the Cardiology research department at the VA hospital near the university campus. This is the same hospital where I have 115 volunteer hours. 60 hrs of research
      • I just started a research position at my alma mater in the microbiology department. The first publication is projected for December of this year
    • Risk Manager for Taekwondo club - 3 semesters
      • Two of my close friends and I started a taekwondo club at my university. The goal was to create an environment where people could come and train so that they may stay sharp. We also wanted to provide a place where people who wanted to try taekwondo for the first time could get their toes wet.
      • As the Risk manager Duties include:
        • Check all equipment, to ensure that it is safe to use.
        • Provide CPR/First aid when necessary.
        • Inform all club members of proper safety and emergency procedures.
  • Letters of recommendation
    • Sciences:
      • 1 from my physics 2 professor
      • 1 from my freshmen chemistry professor
    • Non- Sciences
      • 1 from my professional writing professor
      • 1 from Cultural Anthropology Professor
    • Doctors
      • 1 from a Pediatric Family Physician
      • 1 from the head of the cardiology department at the VA hospital I research and volunteer at.
    • Character
      • 1 from my Taekwondo instructor, who has known me for 10+ years.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Tufts
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington