Need help on due bio paper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manutdmax

Accepted PharmD Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am writing a paper for a bio course and my thesis is as follows (bottom) and would like anyone to please give me their feedback on it......I would really appreciate any help or resources (articles) you can offer me...

Working in a pharmacy, I see first-hand what people go through with the increasing costs of healthcare and in particular cost of prescription drugs. I would like to write about how quality and affordable health care should be a right for everyone in America, not a privilege for the few. The number of people in this country without health insurance is growing (it is estimated to be around 46 million people). For example, I would like to address how the increasing insurance costs are being passed on from employers to employees. Also, I would like to talk about how the United States fares very poorly in comparison to other developed countries and how almost all other developed countries have universal health care, in which all their citizens are insured and their per capita costs are much lower.

Members don't see this ad.

So, you want us to do your research for you? :thumbdown:

noo, but i bet some of you guys are more involved in the field and may have some resources, i appreciate the help ....

Members don't see this ad :)
An essay for biology that has nothing to do with biology? Is that for pharmacy school admission or something?

You could just plagiarize one of Obama's speeches. :smuggrin:

guys this is serious thread..if no one can offer help i dont need useless posts...

guys this is serious thread..if no one can offer help i dont need useless posts...

Here you go.

------

And that is a serious answer...do some research yourself. We are medical professionals, not sociologists. We probably can't help you. All we can give you are our meaningless opinions. If you base an actual research paper off of opinion, its destined to be useless, anyway. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to learn this fact in a literature evaluation class in pharmacy school some day. You need facts and statistics to make your claim(s) solid...and, no, we're not doing it for you.

Working in a pharmacy, I see firsthand what people experience with the increasing costs of health care and prescription drugs. Quality and affordable health care should be a right for everyone in America and not a privilege for the few. The number of people in this country without health insurance is around 46 million people and growing. Moreover, increasing insurance costs are passed on from employers to employees. As a result, the United States fares very poorly in comparison to other developed countries that insure all their citizens under a universal health plan and simultaneously keep per capita costs under control.

edit: i did this b/c i'm bored. oh yeah, scholar google is a good jumping place to find articles.

Look into the Commonwealth Fund Survey, it evaluated patient health care experiences in the U.S., U.K., Australia, Canada, and New Zealand and compared various aspects health care. It should have basically all the info you would need, it investigates health care satisfaction based on economic status, % of payment out of pocket, physician ratings, etc.

I absolutely disagree with your thesis. Try to answer these questions and you'll see why:

- Is healthcare a right for someone who has decided to smoke cigarettes for 30 years and as a result has lung cancer?
- Same question for someone who decided to drink lots of alcohol and has cirrhosis of the liver... should the government take my money that I made working hard and want to use to provide for my family and use it to pay for their healthcare when they made a decision to sit at home and drink alcohol all day?
- Where does the constitution say that the federal government has the right to run healthcare?
- A recent study showed that the survival rate of colon cancer sufferers is 45% in the US vs. 34% in Canada. How is that the case if socialized healthcare works so much better?
- The 46 million number includes illegal immigrants; should taxpayers be forced to pay for healthcare for illegal immigrants?

One other thing, the USA has the greatest healthcare system in the world. Drug companies in our country also develop almost all of the new, life saving drugs that end up on the market. If we adopt socialized healthcare that will not continue to be the case. The stats that show that other countries fare better are quite dishonest because they use life expectancy while our life expectancy is a little lower because we send many more of our young people off to fight in wars to defend our freedom while other countries do not.

Here's a link to show you how well socialized dental care has worked in England:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/oct/15/health.healthandwellbeing