RPHS quitting due to vaccine mandate??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
by quoting me, you were accusing me of many things, I made a rebuttal list that you have largely ignored.
You sort of gave a mea culpa that answers #1 and #5.

Not sure why "your" is in paranthesis when talking about my place of employment? You think I am faking a hospital I work at or something?
I will address your points in bullet points once again.
#1. These are live numbers from patients currently hospitalized, do I know exact dates? Of course not, but I could look them up. Not sure what point you are trying to make.
#2. A decision made to not immunize because of being immunocompromised? I guess that is possible, but every patient I have taken care of that was Covid+ and immunocompromised was vaccinated because they realized the risks - ironically the vast majority of the vaccinated patients in the ICU are immunocompramised. There are very few patients that medically cannot get a Covid vaccine - so that argument also simply does not make sense. A friend of mine has CLL. After two doses of pfizer he had exactly 0 antibodies. After a full dose of Moderna he has 8 (which is incredibly small). These are they patients that are most at risk because of those around them that do not get vaccinated.
#3. How was my respond distrubing? Because I feel people should get fired for not following company policy? People generally fire themselves by the decisions they make - this guy was making up a BS "religious exemption" when one simply doesn't exist - he is being selfish in his decision making.
A PCR test is not diagnositic. It finds genetic material in an area that is a viral wasteland. And the mRNA jobs have not been fully FDA approved.

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
A PCR test is not diagnositic. It finds genetic material in an area that is a viral wasteland. And the mRNA jobs have not been fully FDA approved.
So now you are telling me the PCR tests don't tell us if we have COVID?
and Yes - the pfizer vaccine has full approval - were do you work that you do not know this?

Reactions: 4 users
A PCR test detects genetic material in an area that is a viral wasteland. It can not diagnose infection. Dying with positive test and dying due to COVID are 2 very different things. And no they are not FULLY FDA Approved.
#1 COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
yes - they are diagnostic - it is literally used to diagnose covid.
#2 FDA approval for pfizer- FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine
#3 Yes there is a different - anyone knows that - but looks at total deaths in the US in 2020 vs 2019 - cancer and CV deaths stayed the same- and we have roughly 500,000 more death than predicted - mostly due to COVID.

Members don't see this ad :)
And no they are not FULLY FDA Approved.
another reference - quit doubling down and just admit you got that one wrong - it would actually help your other arugments if you can admit where you were wrong - that is one of the many things wrong with a lot people - none of us are perfect, but you have to be able to admit when you weren't right

another reference - quit doubling down and just admit you got that one wrong - it would actually help your other arugments if you can admit where you were wrong - that is one of the many things wrong with a lot people - none of us are perfect, but you have to be able to admit when you weren't right

It’s such a case of goalpost moving. As if anyone can articulate the difference between full approval and emergency use. Then it does get full approval and does that change anything? Of course not.

It’s such a case of goalpost moving. As if anyone can articulate the difference between full approval and emergency use. Then it does get full approval and does that change anything? Of course not.
so true - the thing is, most of the people claiming EUA isn't approval, probably never even heard of the term EUA prior to covid and honestly have no idea what it means. Curious as to if there has been anything that received EUA, but then were subsequently denied full approval later?

I would recommend to do your own census of your own hospital when wondering what the covid vacc vs unvaccinated. My hospital has a info graphic that is the screensaver for all computers. It is for the whole system so it is not out hospital specifically. It is always less than 10% vaccinated covid patients. This did not match what I was seeing getting admitted to our hospital. I asked a few pharmacists doctors, and nurses if they thought this stat seemed reflective of what they were seeing. No one thought so. The last 3 months I have been doing my own count when ever I had a slow shift. I have done this about every two weeks, so about 6 times. It takes about 20 minutes. My data is much different. My lowest vaccinated covid count was 28% of covid patients were vaccinated. My highest was 52% of covid patient were vaccinated. These were the the two extremes. The average was 35%. The number of covid patients we had during these times was 15-25 patients. I don't know how my hospital system comes up with their numbers but it is not indicative of the reality at my hospital.

I am one of the anti mandate pharmacists. I was ready to quit at my hospital after mandate started here, as I knew another hospital that didn't have a mandate. I had a lot of reasons for not wanting to get the vaccine. I was actually signed up to get it early with the first wave of availability and cancelled my appointment. The thing that made me cancel my appointment was I was told that we would still be required to wear masks at work because you can still spread the virus even if fully vaccinated. Well this was my only reason I did want to get it. So once that was off the table, I didn't have a reason to get it. Because I felt I was in such a low risk category ( healthy, no chronic conditions) I just don't feel a need to get it. I wear a mask all the time at work. My current hospital accepted my religious obejection. Another hospital a few hours away wanted me to work some prn shifts for them and they have a mandate. I told them that I am not vaccinated for Covid and they said they would accept my religious objection. I've been glad that my employer has at least respected this aspect of it but I don't like the mandate. The way that people treat non vaccinated people or talk about them is a big turn off to me and makes me want to be a part of the "looked down upon" and not want to not get it. I am not much of a conformist if I don't think it's important. I work among covid positive patients everyday. I do codes with covid patients. I help in intubations of covid patients. I am in covid units intermittently. I have never tested positive. Maybe I've got it and it was so mild I never noticed, not sure. Maybe this gives you a little insight into reasons why some have not gotten vaccinated.
Just to make sure I've read this correctly, your reasons for not wanting the vaccine are because of your feelings being hurt?

Reactions: 2 users
A PCR test detects genetic material in an area that is a viral wasteland. It can not diagnose infection. Dying with positive test and dying due to COVID are 2 very different things. And no they are not FULLY FDA Approved.

Drunk drivers don't die from driving intoxicated, they die from blunt-force trauma

Reactions: 5 users
this guy was making up a BS "religious exemption" when one simply doesn't exist -
Well I got religious exemptions from 2 different hospitals, at least the people who decide these things in my case think differently.

I think making health decisions that you think are best for yourself and those around you is not selfish.

Most people who don't have risk factors didn't get vaccinated due to being unselfish but because it was the easiest action due to the overall push from everyone around or maybe they were ignorant and believed the hype.

I have no issue with those who have increased risk of illness getting vaccinated and have recommended it for my family in those situations. Pretending scientific superiority and attempting to shame others in a low risk population to get vaccinated is very selfish and morally wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not necessarily. My hospital rubber stamps those, no questions asked.
Yeah, mine was no questions asked. Other co workers were asked clarifying questions but none were denied. We did have a pilot for one of our helicopter services get rejected and fired but he wasn't employed by our hospital. He ended up getting another job in a different state within a month.

We are still having many breakthrough cases of employees needing to quarantine and having to find coverage even with our high vaccination rate of employees. I guess you can always say it could have been worse. When I was asked to cover shifts for another breakthrough vaccinated employee I said I would but shared with them the irony of it all.

I would recommend to do your own census of your own hospital when wondering what the covid vacc vs unvaccinated. My hospital has a info graphic that is the screensaver for all computers. It is for the whole system so it is not out hospital specifically. It is always less than 10% vaccinated covid patients. This did not match what I was seeing getting admitted to our hospital. I asked a few pharmacists doctors, and nurses if they thought this stat seemed reflective of what they were seeing. No one thought so. The last 3 months I have been doing my own count when ever I had a slow shift. I have done this about every two weeks, so about 6 times. It takes about 20 minutes. My data is much different. My lowest vaccinated covid count was 28% of covid patients were vaccinated. My highest was 52% of covid patient were vaccinated. These were the the two extremes. The average was 35%. The number of covid patients we had during these times was 15-25 patients. I don't know how my hospital system comes up with their numbers but it is not indicative of the reality at my hospital.
so now you are saying you think your hospital is intentionally lying to its own staff about the covid numbers/vaccination? Do you not think somebody would do exactly what you are saying you did and ask someone that question? Why don't you report that to the c-suite? better yet, send me the hospital and I will follow up with them, or make an anonymous report to the JC.

To follow up, I did what you just asked I do. We have 19 Covid patients in our MICU, and 8 in our special covid unit. 27 total ICU covid + pts. 24 of them are unvaccinated (ironically the three that are vaccinated all have immunosuppressant conditions. 24/27 88.9% of ICU pt's are unvaccinated. Guess what our dashboard today says? 88.9%

Take off the tin foil hat - not everything is a conspiracy - there is nothing wrong with health conversation and questioning - but if you think your system is straight up lying - call them out, or more professionally - ask them where they are getting their numbers from because you have different numbers.

I think making health decisions that you think are best for yourself and those around you is not selfish.

Most people who don't have risk factors didn't get vaccinated due to being unselfish but because it was the easiest action due to the overall push from everyone around or maybe they were ignorant and believed the hype.

I have no issue with those who have increased risk of illness getting vaccinated and have recommended it for my family in those situations. Pretending scientific superiority and attempting to shame others in a low risk population to get vaccinated is very selfish and morally wrong.
Again, healthy people getting vaccinated is as much to help decrease the spread to those most vulnerable as it is to protect them. So ya - it is selfish to not get vaccinated

PS what is your religion?

Last edited:
so now you are saying you think your hospital is intentionally lying to its own staff about the covid numbers/vaccination? Do you not think somebody would do exactly what you are saying you did and ask someone that question? Why don't you report that to the c-suite? better yet, send me the hospital and I will follow up with them, or make an anonymous report to the JC.

To follow up, I did what you just asked I do. We have 19 Covid patients in our MICU, and 8 in our special covid unit. 27 total ICU covid + pts. 24 of them are unvaccinated (ironically the three that are vaccinated all have immunosuppressant conditions. 24/27 88.9% of ICU pt's are unvaccinated. Guess what our dashboard today says? 88.9%

Take off the tin foil hat - not everything is a conspiracy - there is nothing wrong with health conversation and questioning - but if you think your system is straight up lying - call them out, or more professionally - ask them where they are getting their numbers from because you have different numbers.
If the numbers were from just our hospital I could be more sure but as I said they are from our hospital system so I can't know for sure. It is easy to manipulate data and still not be technically lying. I actually did bring up what I shared with you to my manager about 3 weeks ago I don't know if he brought it up to anyone above him but his response to me was it wouldn't surprise him if the system was massaging the data. No tinfoil hat here, but I also don't have blinders on.

Drunk drivers don't die from driving intoxicated, they die from blunt-force trauma
Let me try to make this analogy more relevant. A PCR test is like being able to determine if you drank any amount of alcohol in the last few days. Does not , however, differentiate between a thimble full 3 days ago or a whole bottle of vodka this morning. You are positive. And if you get in an accident then it is called an alcohol related death.

Reactions: 1 user
If the numbers were from just our hospital I could be more sure but as I said they are from our hospital system so I can't know for sure. It is easy to manipulate data and still not be technically lying. I actually did bring up what I shared with you to my manager about 3 weeks ago I don't know if he brought it up to anyone above him but his response to me was it wouldn't surprise him if the system was massaging the data. No tinfoil hat here, but I also don't have blinders on.
So you’re saying you used different numerators and denominators than the aggregate data and the percentages aren’t the same? Shocking.

So you’re saying you used different numerators and denominators than the aggregate data and the percentages aren’t the same? Shocking.
Cute comment sadface, a real intellectual.If a hospital wanted to relay to people their actual risk it would be better to show numbers in your immediate region. Unless of course those numbers didn't help your cause which is really to push people to get vaccinated.

Can you expand on what you mean by not fully FDA approved? My understanding was that the pfizer product is fully FDA approved and named comirnaty. Legally a distinct product but medicinally the same thing. My hospital has never the comirnaty product and from a recent CDC statement comirnaty has not been available to anyone in the United States and won't be for several more months as the eua product is still available. Is that what you mean by"not fully FDA approved".

Anyone know of liability differences if you get the eua product vs comirnaty product?

Has anyone else actually seen the the comirnaty product in the flesh? I haven't.

Cute comment sadface, a real intellectual.If a hospital wanted to relay to people their actual risk it would be better to show numbers in your immediate region. Unless of course those numbers didn't help your cause which is really to push people to get vaccinated.
You said you didn’t know how the hospital came up with the numbers and insinuated they were being deceptive. Apparently you do know. What’s deceptive about it? It seems like you are attacking credible information which I don’t appreciate.

Larger sample size is going to be more reflective of the protection provided by the vaccine or lack of protection by the vaccine. It seems you are are the one picking and choosing data. Do you think the vaccine is more or less effective in your area? Why would hospital specific data be more important to indicate if that was the goal of distributing the information? What “actual risk” is that indicating?

You said you didn’t know how the hospital came up with the numbers and insinuated they were being deceptive. Apparently you do know. What’s deceptive about it? It seems like you are attacking credible information which I don’t appreciate.

Larger sample size is going to be more reflective of the protection provided by the vaccine or lack of protection by the vaccine. It seems you are are the one picking and choosing data. Do you think the vaccine is more or less effective in your area? Why would hospital specific data be more important to indicate if that was the goal of distributing the information? What “actual risk” is that indicating?
I think locally is a more representative and meaningful data point. I agree, and wouldn't think the vaccine would have different effectiveness in my area which is why I find it disconcerting when the data I can verify is so far off from what I am being told. When they are saying 5-8 % and I am consistently getting 32- 38%. Red flags go up. I would expect some small fluctuation, but not this.

I am seriously interested in seeing other pharmacists do a census of their covid patients in their hospital. What are your numbers? Not your reported but actually look at each patient. I know the pirate guy did his, but just icu. I included all patients not just icu.

Let me try to make this analogy more relevant. A PCR test is like being able to determine if you drank any amount of alcohol in the last few days. Does not , however, differentiate between a thimble full 3 days ago or a whole bottle of vodka this morning. You are positive. And if you get in an accident then it is called an alcohol related death.
I think you are confusing diagnostic vs quantitative. I only can think of one disease that a viral test is quantitative, and that is a HIV viral load. All others are either a yes vs no. That is where clinical correlation to the disease comes in. At least in the patient population that I have taken care of, the majority of patients that have ended up in the ICU have been due to respiratory related issues, hence clinical correlation goes with the positive viral test.

May people are focused on the patients that have died with Covid vs from Covid, which I agree is definitely not zero. But I can tell you there are patients that don’t count as a Covid death, but would be very likely alive today if they didn’t contract Covid One example. Or had Covid, and had a MI due to a clot. Developed heart failure, ended up dying from a heart failure exacerbation 4 months later. This doesn’t go down as a Covid death.

Reactions: 3 users
Being a sensitive topic, I appreciate the open dialogue this thread has had up to this point -

I want to remind all members that although free discussion is important, giving false or blatant information that is not congruent to a healthcare profession is not allowed and is against the TOS (mis-diagnostic claims, mis-status of current FDA approvals, etc). However, having different subjective thoughts that circulate objective information is always encouraged so long as done respectively between members.

Carry On.

I never heard of science shaming before but I guess it is a thing. Thumbs up for your altruistic behavior!

If anything, mandates are 6-8 months too late. No opinion on current mandates. I guess I just don't care. It has mutated and it will again. If you want your shot, I will give you one. If you don't, just don't get paid sick time. You are right. Diabetes is just as much of a personal choice as this.
No it;s not. You can't give your diabetes to anyone else

No it;s not. You can't give your diabetes to anyone else
Diabetes sure sucks up a chunk hospital resources and the vast majority of the admissions are preventable. I mean not the diagnosis of it, but after diagnosis and not caring to control it.

Vaccinated people still get this and spread it. The pharmacist I had to cover shifts for was vaccinated and still came to work for 3 days not feeling well and then tested positive.

Diabetes sure sucks up a chunk hospital resources and the vast majority of the admissions are preventable. I mean not the diagnosis of it, but after diagnosis and not caring to control it.
Diabetes sure does get expensive. Have you not heard about postviral diabetes diagnoses? It occurs with some viral infections, and appears to also occur with Covid. I saw a lot of new onset Type 1 diabetes last year, which had me wondering. How COVID-19 Can Lead to Diabetes

Diabetes sure does get expensive. Have you not heard about postviral diabetes diagnoses? It occurs with some viral infections, and appears to also occur with Covid. I saw a lot of new onset Type 1 diabetes last year, which had me wondering. How COVID-19 Can Lead to Diabetes
Covid 19 doesn't lead to diabetes. I think my post is pretty understandable. I am pretty sure your post was humorous to you, I guess I didn't get it.

Most diabetes patients that experience complications and are admitted to the hospital are in preventable situations. I would say 10% of our admissions through the ED are these type and they are taking needs and nursing time. Insulin drips are real time sucks for nurses.

Covid 19 doesn't lead to diabetes. I think my post is pretty understandable. I am pretty sure your post was humorous to you, I guess I didn't get it.

Most diabetes patients that experience complications and are admitted to the hospital are in preventable situations. I would say 10% of our admissions through the ED are these type and they are taking needs and nursing time. Insulin drips are real time sucks for nurses.
I can‘t take you seriously with your cherry picking logic. Feel free to run your own studies, I guess.

Last edited:
I am trying to be serious most of the time, but to each their own. No problems.

Vaccinated people still get this and spread it. The pharmacist I had to cover shifts for was vaccinated and still came to work for 3 days not feeling well and then tested positive.
And this surprises you? The vaccines are to prevent serious disease, hospitalization and death. They were not expected to prevent all cases.

Reactions: 3 users
And this surprises you? The vaccines are to prevent serious disease, hospitalization and death. They were not expected to prevent all cases.
Not initially, it has just morphed into that after realizing it wasn't really working so well at stopping cases. July 2021president Biden, "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations,". This was pretty ingrained at the beginning. I think expectations were lowered as time went on

Not initially, it has just morphed into that after realizing it wasn't really working so well at stopping cases. July 2021president Biden, "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations,". This was pretty ingrained at the beginning. I think expectations were lowered as time went on
Look, you just keep posting and you will get the ***** of the year award. AT the time it was said it was true. It was Pre-Delta. If you want the history of the vaccine, I'll be happy to enlighten you. Anti-vax lying bull **** is for Fox New, not here.

Why are you expecting politicians to have a nuanced understanding of anything healthcare related instead of figuring it out for yourself? You have to be trolling.

Look, you just keep posting and you will get the ***** of the year award. AT the time it was said it was true. It was Pre-Delta. If you want the history of the vaccine, I'll be happy to enlighten you. Anti-vax lying bull **** is for Fox New, not here.
I don't mind getting any award. I actually never watch Fox news. I would not be surprised if you weren't a regular viewer of Fox's competitors just because you brought it up.

The statement by Biden was not even true then as you state. I remember at the time when it was said and knowing for a fact that we not only were getting positive cases but hospitalization of patients who were double vaccinated at that time. There was more of a lull of cases but that was across the board of vacc and unvacc.

I am not anti vax, but take no offense at being called it. I find that label is thrown out quickly to try and shame anyone into silence if they aren't in lock step with every recommendation the government agencies come up with recently.

I think you are projecting more intelligence than you possess even though we are probably about the same in reality.

Why are you expecting politicians to have a nuanced understanding of anything healthcare related instead of figuring it out for yourself? You have to be trolling.
This is true. We shouldn't expect the nuance and I don't get my facts from politicians. I more posted the quote as good indicator of the type of messaging people are being fed and these statements are believed by many. Both presidents said dumb things about covid in general. I think many do look to them as a source of accurate information.

This is true. We shouldn't expect the nuance and I don't get my facts from politicians. I more posted the quote as good indicator of the type of messaging people are being fed and these statements are believed by many. Both presidents said dumb things about covid in general. I think many do look to them as a source of accurate information.
I see. I agree. People cling to whatever they hear that fits what they want to do, in regards to immunization, which is why I think health care providers have to be careful in not spreading misinformation. Because some people will listen to the one skeptic instead of the 99 in favor.

I don't mind getting any award. I actually never watch Fox news. I would not be surprised if you weren't a regular viewer of Fox's competitors just because you brought it up.

The statement by Biden was not even true then as you state. I remember at the time when it was said and knowing for a fact that we not only were getting positive cases but hospitalization of patients who were double vaccinated at that time. There was more of a lull of cases but that was across the board of vacc and unvacc.

I am not anti vax, but take no offense at being called it. I find that label is thrown out quickly to try and shame anyone into silence if they aren't in lock step with every recommendation the government agencies come up with recently.

I think you are projecting more intelligence than you possess even though we are probably about the same in reality.
No, you are a person who is so out of touch with facts you couldn't find them in a thimble with a scanning electron Microscope.

First Vaccines: When the contracts for Operation war speed were introduced they had to have a VE of greater than 50% (1) The fact the mRNA vaccines had a VE for infection of 95% was unexpected. They worked so well and transmission was so suppressed, the mask mandate was lifted and Biden made the statement he mad. It was true at the time it was made. I mean in this in the kindest way. You know nothing about vaccines if you think breakthrough infections show the vaccines were no effective. The Graph shows the number of cases from the winter peak of 2021, the introduction of the vaccines in January 2021 through the start of the Summer since x surge in the unvaccinated south. At the nadir we were at 3.6 cases per 100K people. The lowest per capita case count since March of 2020. Basically nobody was getting infected at allThe vaccines were spectacularly successful. If the Red necks in the MAGA world got the vaccine the story would have been totally different.

I read the literature and I understand the science. Recommendations are there for a reason. In a public health emergency only a nit wit would object to them, especially on

US cases.jpg

1) FDA says a coronavirus vaccine would have to be at least 50% effective to be approved

Attachments

• US cases.jpg
    US cases.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 45
No, you are a person who is so out of touch with facts you couldn't find them in a thimble with a scanning electron Microscope.

First Vaccines: When the contracts for Operation war speed were introduced they had to have a VE of greater than 50% (1) The fact the mRNA vaccines had a VE for infection of 95% was unexpected. They worked so well and transmission was so suppressed, the mask mandate was lifted and Biden made the statement he mad. It was true at the time it was made. I mean in this in the kindest way. You know nothing about vaccines if you think breakthrough infections show the vaccines were no effective. The Graph shows the number of cases from the winter peak of 2021, the introduction of the vaccines in January 2021 through the start of the Summer since x surge in the unvaccinated south. At the nadir we were at 3.6 cases per 100K people. The lowest per capita case count since March of 2020. Basically nobody was getting infected at allThe vaccines were spectacularly successful. If the Red necks in the MAGA world got the vaccine the story would have been totally different.

I read the literature and I understand the science. Recommendations are there for a reason. In a public health emergency only a nit wit would object to them, especially on

View attachment 347226

1) FDA says a coronavirus vaccine would have to be at least 50% effective to be approved
I never said breakthrough cases proved the vaccine is not effective and I don't think that. When Biden made that statement and it contradicted the reality I was seeing in person in real time I deem that statement false.

You can keep understanding the science and I will keep helping the actual patients face to face. I believe my two eyes.

I was on the antimandate side until Pfizer got full approval, not just EUA. I hated the precedent that the EUA would be mandatory, especially since I had experience with Emergent's screwup of the military anthrax vaccine (which by the way doesn't work well).

With Pfizer now with regular approval, I'm ok with that being the option or else. I was not ok with the mandate on us to get it before full approval.

On the other hand, I'm really angry that I as a supervisor have to see all of my employee's health records with full FEHB and PROTECT access with required review, and sign them off or not as legitimate. That should have been between Occupational Employee Health and HR, my employees' health record should never be in my hands in a civilian context. I don't personally care about my own being in anyone's hands, but I know some on my staff do care. Screw you OMB for making the verification an avoidable disaster and a privacy invasion. It just made management labor relations more adversarial.

I never said breakthrough cases proved the vaccine is not effective and I don't think that. When Biden made that statement and it contradicted the reality I was seeing in person in real time I deem that statement false.

You can keep understanding the science and I will keep helping the actual patients face to face. I believe my two eyes.
If you open your eyes you would see it was not false when it was said.

I do not understand how you got through school with this mentality.

Unfortunately there are some people who just don't understand science, I expect that from some non-health care educated person who watches too much cable news- but it shouldn't come someone who is actually educated in the field. You are right with the Delta surge and how it effected that age group - I just wonder if that is, for lack of better terminology, the initial wave already wipped out the others that were most susceptible?
and i was blamed for being anectodal and speaking with emotion/feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.