Need help verifying classes that are considered BCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willdoanythingtobeadoc95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I wanted to know, would these courses be considered BCPM?

- Genetics, Organic Chemistry II, Organic Chemistry Lab II, Biochemistry for Biomedical Sciences, Calculus I, Summer Laboratory Observation

- Ecology, Introduction to Biobehavioral Statistics, Seminar in Research Problems, Comparative Physiology, Calculus II

I thought they would meet the criteria for BCPM, but AMCAS thinks that a couple of these classes dont meet that criteria (I know for sure that they dont consider Summer Laboratory Observation a BCPM course).

I am planning on either calling AMCAS to get this fixed or submit the online form. is there one method that is particularly better

Members don't see this ad.

I wanted to know, would these courses be considered BCPM?

- Genetics, Organic Chemistry II, Organic Chemistry Lab II, Biochemistry for Biomedical Sciences, Calculus I, Summer Laboratory Observation

- Ecology, Introduction to Biobehavioral Statistics, Seminar in Research Problems, Comparative Physiology, Calculus II

I thought they would meet the criteria for BCPM, but AMCAS thinks that a couple of these classes dont meet that criteria (I know for sure that they dont consider Summer Laboratory Observation a BCPM course).

I am planning on either calling AMCAS to get this fixed or submit the online form. is there one method that is particularly better
Biochemistry for Biomedical Sciences could be under the HEAL category, instead of Bio or Chem. Seminar in Research Problems might depend on the department under which you took it. And if Introduction to Biobehavioral Statistics had too low a course number, it might not have passed muster either.

Reactions: 1 user
Biochemistry for Biomedical Sciences could be under the HEAL category, instead of Bio or Chem. Seminar in Research Problems might depend on the department under which you took it. And if Introduction to Biobehavioral Statistics had too low a course number, it might not have passed muster either.
Biochemistry for Biomedical Sciences was a biochemistry course, Seminar in Research Problems was taken in the biology department, and the Introduction to Biobehavioral Statistics course number was 292

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the issue was with Seminar in Research Problems, Introduction to Biobehavioral Statistics, and Summer Laboratory Observation.

Could I call them to explain all this, or do I have to fill out the form on the application?

I think the issue was with Seminar in Research Problems, Introduction to Biobehavioral Statistics, and Summer Laboratory Observation.

Could I call them to explain all this, or do I have to fill out the form on the application?
You have to fill out the form and include the link to course catalog description of the classes you wish to dispute:

Academic Change Requests (page 57 of the AMCAS Applicant Guide)

AMCAS requires you to review verified coursework and GPA information. If you find discrepancies
or you disagree with changes made during the verification process, you may submit an Academic
Change Request for review by AMCAS. After the review, the request is either granted or denied.

The Academic Change Request option is available in the Quick Links tile of the Main Menu. When
submitting an Academic Change Request, you must select one of the following reasons:
• Recompute the following GPA/hours
• Reverify the following courses
• Add the following courses
• Delete the following courses (but only if the course has been placed in your application by AMCAS staff)
• Update the following school information
In the accompanying text block, please be specific about your request and explain in detail why you are
requesting the change to your AMCAS application.
Several requests may be entered in the text block.

If the request is granted, AMCAS will change or correct:
• GPA
• Academic status
Course classification: Copy and paste the course description from the school’s website
and include the URL where it may be found.

• Academic year and/or academic term
• Course type
• Lab/lecture
• Official transcript grade
etc.