Need Help with CARS ASAP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piscean92

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I was wondering if anyone who is good at CARS would be willing to teach me a few strategies? I am very slow at reading and comprehending the entire passage. Maybe I don't know what exactly to focus on while reading.
My test is in 5 weeks. I have tried many different approaches, but they all failed. I'm at the verge of giving up, so any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

There are some strategies for fine-tuning, but ultimately you need to increase the speed that you're able to comfortably able to read and comprehend at. To do this, spend 1-2 hours actively reading a day from various credible sources.

Reactions: 1 user
I was able to get my CARS scores up from 125 on my first practice exam to a 129 on my most recent practice exam, and there's really only one way to improve: PRACTICE. That means doing 2-3 passages a day (TIMED, can't stress this enough) from various resources. The more comfortable you get with reading difficult material, the better. My favorite company to practice CARS is NextStep. Everyone will tell you that NS is not representative of MCAT CARS, and they're right. In my opinion, it's much harder. I practiced strictly on NextStep CARS for a solid two months (which is when I was scoring around a 125). I took my first AAMC test today and scored a 129 and I think I can attribute that to the tough practice. Hope that helps!
Thanks, that's what I think too. However, I panicked when my scores didn't go up. I kept scoring in the same range & thought maybe I'm missing something..

Members don't see this ad :)
I was able to get my CARS scores up from 125 on my first practice exam to a 129 on my most recent practice exam, and there's really only one way to improve: PRACTICE. That means doing 2-3 passages a day (TIMED, can't stress this enough) from various resources. The more comfortable you get with reading difficult material, the better. My favorite company to practice CARS is NextStep. Everyone will tell you that NS is not representative of MCAT CARS, and they're right. In my opinion, it's much harder. I practiced strictly on NextStep CARS for a solid two months (which is when I was scoring around a 125). I took my first AAMC test today and scored a 129 and I think I can attribute that to the tough practice. Hope that helps!
are you using the verbal book with 108 passages? Do you know how it compares to TPRH book?