New EDP info (also paper apps)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lamyers

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the latest. I just got off of the phone with amcas. When I expressed my concern about my EDP app having been there almost 5 weeks, she asked if I was sure that it had not been transmitted. She said that they transmitted 1500 EDP apps yesterday and all EDP apps were going out this whole week. Mine did not go out yesterday, but appeared ready to go. She said it looks like mine had nothing wrong with it so it could go out, but it had not been verified yet. She then stated that they are bypassing the verification for EDP's and just transmitting them. They will verify later and make any corrections to the schools. She could not guarantee the exact date for me to be transmitted but was positive it would go out today.

I asked about paper apps and were they still sending them out? She stated they are only being mailed for schools that are not set up to receive electronic submissions. I restated - so I will not have a paper sent? She said that is correct and papers were only for certain schools.

Does this or does it not contradict the recent email we all received???

Members don't see this ad.

At this point I know of very few schools whose electronic transmission is working correctly. Michigan and Stanford are the only ones I'm aware of.

So basically AMCAS will be mailing out everything, at least for now.

hi lamyer,

what school are ya doing EDP?

Members don't see this ad :)
Univ. of South Alabama. I know, not real prestigous, but I really like it there. Small classes and they get tons of hands on!

lamyers, don't apologize for wanting to go to USA! i've heard good things about it, and I'm from maryland. (go to school in tennessee) i'm with you on the EDP thing. i'm getting really nervous that AMCAS is still sitting on my application!!!