New Plan of Attack for CARS? CARS course isn't working

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bme94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any strategies for CARS that have worked for them? (like how to easily find the main idea, timing, etc). I recently took a CARS course, and this really helped for doing the questions from the AAMC question packs. However, I took the scored practice exam from the AAMC and did absolutely awful. The questions were way harder, and the answer choices were really similar to one another, unlike the question packs.

I always narrow it down two answer choices, and I almost always pick the wrong one instead of the correct one. Not to mention, for extra practice, I've tried doing the TPR workbook questions and have been doing miserably. I've been trying for weeks to get in contact with the coordinator of the course, but I have had absolutely no luck in this. To anyone that scored well- do you have any advice? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

what's your current approach? and is timing an issue?

My current approach is to read the passage slowly, and at the end of each paragraph, write down what the main idea was. Then I try to write what the main idea was as a whole...and I really struggle doing this. As for the answer choices, I try to eliminate them based on what may contradict the passage, or if the answer is too specific. And yes, timing has always been an issue for me on all sections, usually. I spend a lot of time trying to decide between two answer choices.