New York 2018-2019 Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I was also accepted to Touro bayshore but am in the process of switching to Touro Manhattan! Does anyone know a lot about the program? I have not yet visited the campus so I only know what I read on the website.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?

CUNY Hunter
Cgpa: 3.65 sgpa: 3.4-3.5
Gre: v145 q 157 w3
Volunteer: over 3 different sites ~ 200 hours right now working as a PT aide
Interviewed: uni of Maryland Baltimore, hunter college, Staten Island, Nyu, stony brook, Rutgers south, nyit, nymc
Waitlist: nymc, nyit, uni of Maryland
Acceptance: Rutgers south

I still have upcoming interview in scared heart on Jan 11th

Good luck
 
Hey guys, I was also accepted to Touro bayshore but am in the process of switching to Touro Manhattan! Does anyone know a lot about the program? I have not yet visited the campus so I only know what I read on the website.
I'm trying to visit Touro Manhattan sometime in the beginning of January since I haven't seen it as well
 
Anyone hear anything from Stony Brook or Dominican?

I was in one of the first 4 interview sessions that happened before December 8th, and I just accepted my seat at Dominican College! My deadline to respond was the 20th. Sending good thoughts, cohorts!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May I ask what your stats are?
Yes,

Major: Psychology
School: CSI for 5 semesters, SFC for 3
PreReq GPA: 3.6
cGPA: 3.4
Gre: V145 Q150 W4.5
LOR: 3 PTs
Experience: 1500 hours outpatient ortho (my job), 100 hours pediatrics, 100 hours hospital I did not feel confident after that interview i felt rushed and just not confident after, we will see what happens i had one more interview with hunter. Just stinks i really wanted to go there
 
Yes,

Major: Psychology
School: CSI for 5 semesters, SFC for 3
PreReq GPA: 3.6
cGPA: 3.4
Gre: V145 Q150 W4.5
LOR: 3 PTs
Experience: 1500 hours outpatient ortho (my job), 100 hours pediatrics, 100 hours hospital I did not feel confident after that interview i felt rushed and just not confident after, we will see what happens i had one more interview with hunter. Just stinks i really wanted to go there
Considering they only accept 20 class size, I did not feel confident as well. Same here, one more with Hunter...
 
Interview on 11/29 and sent out decision 12/19 by mail

I interviewed there on Nov 27th, but I don't think I am in a good chance after the interview since I knew that I didnt do well on the essay, but I am out of the US right now, so I didnt know if I get rejected or nah, did they update their decision online as well?
 
I interviewed there on Nov 27th, but I don't think I am in a good chance after the interview since I knew that I didnt do well on the essay, but I am out of the US right now, so I didnt know if I get rejected or nah, did they update their decision online as well?
I think it was the research essay part that got me rejected... and no they do not have the status online.
 
@Studentptms
anybody heard back from Hunter recently? Interviewed 11/13 and told me I'd hear back in four weeks.. it's been almost seven weeks! Anybody know what this could mean? What are the odds of me getting accepted/waitlisted when I got rejected from CSI?
 
@Studentptms
anybody heard back from Hunter recently? Interviewed 11/13 and told me I'd hear back in four weeks.. it's been almost seven weeks! Anybody know what this could mean? What are the odds of me getting accepted/waitlisted when I got rejected from CSI?
I am still waiting for a response from Hunter as well they said anytime from Christmas to Beginning of January that I will hear back and I interviewed on Dec 4. So I guess after the holidays they will be sending their decisions out.
 
@Studentptms
anybody heard back from Hunter recently? Interviewed 11/13 and told me I'd hear back in four weeks.. it's been almost seven weeks! Anybody know what this could mean? What are the odds of me getting accepted/waitlisted when I got rejected from CSI?
I was thinking the same thing ! But It's not like they trade students lol .. they're two completely different programs, and hunter has more seats ! My guess would be it's the same as any other school you applied to ... you just don't know!
 
I am still waiting for a response from Hunter as well they said anytime from Christmas to Beginning of January that I will hear back and I interviewed on Dec 4. So I guess after the holidays they will be sending their decisions out.
Thank you! Good luck!

I was thinking the same thing ! But It's not like they trade students lol .. they're two completely different programs, and hunter has more seats ! My guess would be it's the same as any other school you applied to ... you just don't know!
That is true, let's hope there are more seats for all of us!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aside from those who heard back on December 5th, has anybody else heard back from NYU since their interview?
 
Does anyone have any information on Touro? How the program is, tuition, etc.? I am torn between Stony Brook and Touro, Touro is closer location wise but I’m not sure the tuition difference. I’d appreciate any input!! Thank you 🙂
 
Does anyone have any information on Touro? How the program is, tuition, etc.? I am torn between Stony Brook and Touro, Touro is closer location wise but I’m not sure the tuition difference. I’d appreciate any input!! Thank you 🙂

I have heard only negative things about Touro, both from a recent student and from a couple of currently practicing PTs (who went to other schools). It sounds like the school is underfunded and faculty don't seem to care about the students' success, but that is just my interpretation from what I've heard, not based on personal experience (I have never visited either campus).