You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014
Started by BB8730
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlisted today after interview last week. Sigh, I thought the interview went great. At least I didn't get rejected
Whoa that was really fast, do you live close to NYIT?
.Whoa that was really fast, do you live close to NYIT?
Not really, like an hr away driving. But I'm an instate. Made next day after i interviewed too, I hope this wasn't predetermined lol. anyone get letter postmarked day after interview?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any current students who don't mind answering a few questions about NYIT COM?
I would really appreciate some insight.
Please PM me.
I would really appreciate some insight.
Please PM me.
Are there any current students who don't mind answering a few questions about NYIT COM?
I would really appreciate some insight.
Please PM me.
Me too! Please!
PM me.Me too! Please!
Waitlisted today after interview last week. Sigh, I thought the interview went great. At least I didn't get rejected
Sorry to hear that. Just curious, was it by email or snail mail?
Sorry to hear that. Just curious, was it by email or snail mail?
Snail mail, I was hyped until I saw waitlist lol
How long did they say it would take to notify you of their decision? A week seems really fast!Snail mail, I was hyped until I saw waitlist lol
How long did they say it would take to notify you of their decision? A week seems really fast!
yea i was def not expecting anything for at least another 2-3 weeks, they must gave been eager to wait list me. the decision was made the very next day, i smell conspiracy! lol🤔
This scares meyea i was def not expecting anything for at least another 2-3 weeks, they must gave been eager to wait list me. the decision was made the very next day, i smell conspiracy! lol🤔
This scares me
Yeah, im kinda nervous now
Snail mail, I was hyped until I saw waitlist lol
Sorry to hear that.. hopefully you get action elsewhere 🙂
Hoping I do. Good luck to everyone don't worry toomuch about it. My mcat sucked any way so maybe that was it :/Sorry to hear that.. hopefully you get action elsewhere 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha alright now I'm a bit more nervous. My mcat is kinda subpar too. Just gonna roll the dice and see what happensHoping I do. Good luck to everyone don't worry toomuch about it. My mcat sucked any way so maybe that was it :/
same here. but on a side note, if it really was your MCAT score, they could have declined to give you an interview invite in the first place. I'm sure there are lots of 30+ applicants as well..Haha alright now I'm a bit more nervous. My mcat is kinda subpar too. Just gonna roll the dice and see what happens
True , but couple points more and I would have possibly had an acceptance I feel. But I still have a chance. Did you guys interview recently?same here. but on a side note, if it really was your MCAT score, they could have declined to give you an interview invite in the first place. I'm sure there are lots of 30+ applicants as well..
I'm mid febTrue , but couple points more and I would have possibly had an acceptance I feel. But I still have a chance. Did you guys interview recently?
Good luck, Nycom is awesomeI'm mid feb
Anybody know if there is a Facebook group?
accepted today via snail mail...interviewed early Jan...likely won't be attending
stats?accepted today via snail mail...interviewed early Jan...likely won't be attending
OOS (New England), 28-30MCAT, 3.2-4s, 3.6-8c, strong service backgroundstats?
OOS (New England), 28-30MCAT, 3.2-4s, 3.6-8c, strong service background
When was your letter dated?
.
Last edited:
16thWhen was your letter dated?
Hey guys thought I should give some insight!
Completed End of October/ Early November
Interview Invite Early December
Interviews January 7th
Accepted Yesterday!
Good Luck guys!
Completed End of October/ Early November
Interview Invite Early December
Interviews January 7th
Accepted Yesterday!
Good Luck guys!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stats?Hey guys thought I should give some insight!
Completed End of October/ Early November
Interview Invite Early December
Interviews January 7th
Accepted Yesterday!
Good Luck guys!
4th year NYCOM student here. PM me with questions, will be frank with whatever questions you have.
Excellent riposte, sir! Just as informative and not at all trollish, just like your debut.
Excellent riposte, sir! Just as informative and not at all trollish, just like your debut.
Poor use of a meme. Party foul. Minus 9k internets for you.
Hey guys thought I should give some insight!
Completed End of October/ Early November
Interview Invite Early December
Interviews January 7th
Accepted Yesterday!
Good Luck guys!
When was your letter dated?
My stats were 3.62 cum, 3.43 science, 27 MCAT with MD and DO letter from 2 separate ER shadowings, Undergrad Research, and decent amount of EC (hobbies and stuff)Stats?
Letter was dated January 16th but it got to me on January 25th..... odd because im IS and I live like 20 mins from the schoolWhen was your letter dated?
Also bad rep for this school? I thought this was one of the top tier DO schools, it has great residency matches and some of the best rotation sites available being in NY....
Do you mind if I PM you with a few questions about the interview?My stats were 3.62 cum, 3.43 science, 27 MCAT with MD and DO letter from 2 separate ER shadowings, Undergrad Research, and decent amount of EC (hobbies and stuff)
Feel free to PM me also.....I also interviewed and was accepted and would be happy to answer any questions you may have!Do you mind if I PM you with a few questions about the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sure thing!Do you mind if I PM you with a few questions about the interview?
Accepted! Interviewed 1/15
3.5/3.4, 31
3.5/3.4, 31
Similar threads
- Replies
- 270
- Views
- 71K
- Replies
- 395
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 346
- Views
- 68K