You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014
Started by BB8730
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LOL DO NOT USE THEIR GPS ADDRESS!!! I dont know if anyone else had that problem and the people at admissions office looked at me like i was the first one with this problem BUT there is a problem. If you use google maps, go the to address that comes up for NYIT/NYCOM in old westbury. Their GPS address got me relatively close but still 15 min away by car! You can google their GPS address and see how far it is from when you google NYIT/NYCOM in old westbury just to be safe.Just received an interview invite to NYIT! Anyone who has interviewed thus far, what was the interview experience like?
Also I am a bit confused as to where the school is, the email lists the GPS address as: 700 Northern Blvd., Greenvale, NY 11548. But when I google NYIT-COM it shows up on google maps as being in the actual NYIT campus down the street from where google claims 700 Northern Blvd is. I'm assuming that Google is just placing the 700 Northern Blvd marker in the wrong spot, and that 700 Northern Blvd. is the entrance to the campus, I just want to confirm this.
Thanks for the help!
I left my house with PLENTY of time to get there and because of this discrepency I arrived late. Good thing my interview was in the afternoon session and so I came in a little late for the school presentation. If I had my interview first, it would have looked bad and it wasn't my fault. I called the admissions office multiple times when I was looking for the school and they really did not know how to help me because according to them that address is supposed to take you right to the entrance of the campus but its nowhere close. So when I had nothing else to go by, I used the google map on my phone and went to the NYIT/NYCOM in old westbury and it got me to where I was supposed to be.
Also if you dont live to far away, it would be good if you take a drive there before your interview to see how to get there.
Hope this helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get an email today from NYCOM with the subject "explore the osteopathic profession"?has anyone with around a 3.4/26 heard anything back yet from here?
YupDid anyone get an email today from NYCOM with the subject "explore the osteopathic profession"?
Haha yeah I did. I called the school immediately. Obviously I am interested... did you not cash my check and get my supplement haha!Did anyone get an email today from NYCOM with the subject "explore the osteopathic profession"?
Haha what did they say?Haha yeah I did. I called the school immediately. Obviously I am interested... did you not cash my check and get my supplement haha!
Did anyone get an email today from NYCOM with the subject "explore the osteopathic profession"?
Me too.
They just said it was an email stating the schools name had changed. I guess I'm the dumb one because I interpreted the email in a whole different way.🙂Haha what did they say?
Too much to go through, but is there any way to check the status of your application? or do I just call? I sent in my application in September and never received a complete email or any status update. Do they send out complete emails? Any response will help! Thanks!
Too much to go through, but is there any way to check the status of your application? or do I just call? I sent in my application in September and never received a complete email or any status update. Do they send out complete emails? Any response will help! Thanks!
I received an email from pay pal after paying secondary fee and a couple of days after that I received a complete file email from the school. Why don't you just call them. Say that you are just trying to make sure they received all of your documents (recommendations, payment, etc.)
interviewed dec 4th, received acceptance letter in the mail today
interviewed dec 4th, received acceptance letter in the mail today
Congrats! What is the time schedule for placing your deposit? 2 weeks? 30 days? The info will really be helpful to me!
i have until jan 24th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i have until jan 24th
Congrats!! How did you feel about the interview?
Also interviewed Dec. 4th, received my acceptance letter in the mail today!
..
Good luck and congratulations!
Good luck and congratulations!
Last edited:
I just got my acceptance in the mail as well 🙂 There's a good chance I may be going somewhere else though due to the high cost of this school. Any current students have any input on dealing with the expenses of this school?
congrats! what was your c and s gpa?Accepted! Primary was completed in July and secondary in late October. I had and interview within 24 hours and found out I was accepted yesterday!!!! 30 MCAT 3.5 GPA and many leadership/volunteer exp. plus publications
C gpa, but I'm a biochem major and took many challenging courses .. ex: Physical Chem, Inorganic Chem and Advanced Biochem.congrats! what was your c and s gpa?
I never got a confirmation. I'm going to wait a few more days then I'll probably call the admissions office to see if they received it
Also, a side note - I am totally declining my acceptance. I did not enjoy the school at all and the post above reaffirms much of what I felt while interviewing there. Most students looked miserable and hardly anyone was nice/excited to have us applicants there, Ha!
That's funny, when I interviewed I had the total opposite impression! The students seemed in pretty good spirits. Maybe that was because there were free christmas cookies everywhere, haha.
That's funny, when I interviewed I had the total opposite impression! The students seemed in pretty good spirits. Maybe that was because there were free christmas cookies everywhere, haha.
Thats good. Im glad it was a better experience for you there... It was more than just that tho, for me the price tag on NYCOM is no where near worth the condition of the facilities. I got a very sterile, unwelcoming feeling. All of my other interviews were top notch and made me want to be on campus studying 24/7 because, lets face it, thats what we will be doing! Anyway - to each their own! Good luck.
any current student - what are some affordable housing/apartments you recommend?
thank you!
thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I assume a silent rejection if I submitted in September and still haven't heard a thing?
don't worry I was complete late July and still nothing
don't worry I was complete late July and still nothing
Do you think I should send in a LOI? or am I probably already rejected? all the other schools I got iis from I heard from less than 2 weeks after submitting my app.
I was complete Aug. 16th and I haven't heard a word.Do you think I should send in a LOI? or am I probably already rejected? all the other schools I got iis from I heard from less than 2 weeks after submitting my app.
Do you think I should send in a LOI? or am I probably already rejected? all the other schools I got iis from I heard from less than 2 weeks after submitting my app.
You're not rejected. They keep reviewing apps until April. Send in a letter is a good idea
Does anyone know when we're suppose to get immunization forms, FA forms, etc. from them?
This is what it says in my acceptance packet: " If you are accepted and have completed the FAFSA with the correct school code, you will receive additional information on how to proceed toward the end of April 2014."
So I am guessing sometime around April, which does make sense since that is about the time that they end with the interview process. If anyone who already went through this could comment on the timeline, it would be appreciated.
The current students at my interview made it seem as though most of the people who are interviewed get accepted.Does anyone know the interview acceptance rate?
I declined my acceptance to NYIT-COM today. Best of luck to all on the waitlist!
I finally got in touch with somebody today. They basically take off all of December and just got back today. So Im assuming the next round of interviews should be soon.
Thanks for the info.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the actual address of the school, because I feel like the address given in my invite is wrong
Does anyone know the actual address of the school, because I feel like the address given in my invite is wrong
This came up somewhere on the thread earlier. Apparently most map software shows the wrong location for the school. I can't be much more help than that because I haven't actually gone myself yet.
Does anyone know the actual address of the school, because I feel like the address given in my invite is wrong
I used GoogleMaps to search the location of the Serota builiding. It's on Campus Drive, so that's what I'm going to send to my android. If you're using an iPhone, I guess just search "Campus Dr, Old Westbury, NY" for the best possible route. If any of you are interviewing Wednesday afternoon, I'll see you there!
I have an ii and am getting really nervous about it. Can anyone who has recently interviewed offer some advice, interview questions, how the interviewers were like, etc.. Would greatly appreciate it!
Hello Jay,
I just had my interview about a week ago. I was in the morning session so right around 8:00am, a faculty member approached our group and called a name, bringing one candidate back. There wasn't any sort of prep for the day. The interviews are one-on-one and last between 15-20 minutes-ish. I guess each interviewer is different. My interviewer (a lady) was quite vague and just asked me to expand on my application. Every question was essentially, "Can you tell me more about, *this*." The other interviewer apparently just went through a checklist of questions without any small talk, but the candidates all said he was very relaxed.
If you happen to get the same lady that interviewed me, definitely be ready to defend OMM and how it can be incorporated into your preferred field of medicine. Advocate for OMM. It wasn't that bad! Just relax. 🙂
A few people from my school have gotten interviews and acceptances at NYCOM, but I have yet to be asked to interview. Is this any indication of their disinterest in my application? The admissions office said they still send out interview invites till end of March, but I'm getting a bit nervous
Similar threads
- Replies
- 270
- Views
- 71K
- Replies
- 395
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 346
- Views
- 67K