You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014
Started by BB8730
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nice! When were you complete?Just got an II today for Feb 25th; there's still hope for those still waiting. Check your emails!!
I've been complete since probably August/September. It seems like a great school and I have family that live within 15min of the school. I can't wait to see the facilities and speak to the staff and students; you can only gather so much from websites and forums.Nice! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Hope it goes well for you!I've been complete since probably August/September. It seems like a great school and I have family that live within 15min of the school. I can't wait to see the facilities and speak to the staff and students; you can only gather so much from websites and forums.
Thanks!!Congrats! Hope it goes well for you!
Does anyone know how full the class is so far?
Just got an II today for Feb 25th; there's still hope for those still waiting. Check your emails!!
Are you an IS applicant?
OOSAre you an IS applicant?
does anyone know if there's a NYITCOM 2018 facebook group?
+1does anyone know if there's a NYITCOM 2018 facebook group?
+2
+3. We need to make a class of 2018 Facebook page!
Just found the NYITCOM group on facebook.........just type "NYIT-COM class of 2018" and you should see it.
Just found the NYITCOM group on facebook.........just type "NYIT-COM class of 2018" and you should see it.
I cant find it, can you put up a link?
I cant find it, can you put up a link?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1
Hey Guys,
I tried posting the link for the 2018 group but it won't let me for some reason, so I'll just show you how to do it manually.
Normally when you go on a facebook group page the address will have numbers after the "/groups/" part. Just type "237374049770287/" after that.
Let me know if that makes sense, and congrats!
I tried posting the link for the 2018 group but it won't let me for some reason, so I'll just show you how to do it manually.
Normally when you go on a facebook group page the address will have numbers after the "/groups/" part. Just type "237374049770287/" after that.
Let me know if that makes sense, and congrats!
or that lol.......idk y they didn't allow me to post the link
Hi All,
I just wanted to put my two cents out there and say that I recently visited NYIT-COM to view a DPC small group session and I was extremely impressed with how well it was run. The DPC program is something very special, so if it appeals to you at all, I'd recommend going to take a look (once accepted). I was also very happy with the students I met; they were extremely encouraging and welcoming to me, a college senior sitting in the corner of their fast-paced, high-stress small group session. =]
I just wanted to put my two cents out there and say that I recently visited NYIT-COM to view a DPC small group session and I was extremely impressed with how well it was run. The DPC program is something very special, so if it appeals to you at all, I'd recommend going to take a look (once accepted). I was also very happy with the students I met; they were extremely encouraging and welcoming to me, a college senior sitting in the corner of their fast-paced, high-stress small group session. =]
Individual and personal
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I have been complete since early October. So I'm assuming I've been silently rejected. From past year's threads, NYIT-COM is known for silently rejecting
🙁
I also have been complete since October. I'm on the same starship as you and going through the exact same thing you are going through. I feel your agony.
This is my first post here! I hope its in the right thread.
I am a FMG. Graduated 4 months back. I moved to USA with my family 2 months back and came across the NYIT-COM EPP. I read about it on the internet. There isn't much actually. I am 24 right now. Does the EPP has young candidates applying for the program? I know it can be mentally draining,frustrating and financially difficult to repeat the entire medical school again. But is there anyone here who got into the program via EPP? I would really like some first hand experiences. I also read NYIT-COM sometimes expells students if they are not academically satisfying the college's requirements. Is it true?
I m torn between USMLE and DO school. One will take 2-3 years and still i wont have any surity of getting into residency other will take 4 years but that would make me an AMG and i can give COMLEX as well as USMLE and most probably will get into a residency.
I would really like some advice from you people!
We are a family of 4 doctors, suddenly unemployed and treated like illiterates! haha!
I am a FMG. Graduated 4 months back. I moved to USA with my family 2 months back and came across the NYIT-COM EPP. I read about it on the internet. There isn't much actually. I am 24 right now. Does the EPP has young candidates applying for the program? I know it can be mentally draining,frustrating and financially difficult to repeat the entire medical school again. But is there anyone here who got into the program via EPP? I would really like some first hand experiences. I also read NYIT-COM sometimes expells students if they are not academically satisfying the college's requirements. Is it true?
I m torn between USMLE and DO school. One will take 2-3 years and still i wont have any surity of getting into residency other will take 4 years but that would make me an AMG and i can give COMLEX as well as USMLE and most probably will get into a residency.
I would really like some advice from you people!
We are a family of 4 doctors, suddenly unemployed and treated like illiterates! haha!
Because of that huge snow storm in New England on Wednesday, my interview is postponed an entire month, will this hurt my chances....?🙁
Declined my acceptance today, good luck to all.
I have been complete since early October. So I'm assuming I've been silently rejected. From past year's threads, NYIT-COM is known for silently rejecting
🙁
Dont worry dude! I was complete like early October and I only heard back like mid-January...theres hope!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a physical letter 2 weeks after interviewHey for those of you that were accepted, did you guys get an email or phone call first, and then a physical letter, or just a physical letter?
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
+1Just a physical letter 2 weeks after interview
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Received an II today!
Received an II today!
can you tell us when you were complete and your stats if you don't mind?
Hey! I was complete a few days ago, actually. I applied very late - Stats: >30 MCAT, >3.4 gpa, extensive research/volunteer/shadowing experience. Good luck to you!!!can you tell us when you were complete and your stats if you don't mind?
Hi, I was wondering what the response time is after an interview when you hear back about admission or not? This wait is so... :/
when did you interview. i had mine jan 28 and am waiting for the response 🙁 is it within 4 weeks?
when did you interview. i had mine jan 28 and am waiting for the response 🙁 is it within 4 weeks?
I had mine on Jan 29. At the end they said 4-6 weeks. Who did you interview with? I had a professor who couldn't really speak English that well and I felt like I was reiterating what was in my application. It was a friendly and nice conversation but I wasn't sure what he felt about it tbh.
What did you think?
Yeah. I had a professor too he was really nice but did just ask a lot about my application and for me to explain my personal statement idk how it went either bit as of now this is my top choice and I hate waiting to hear back! Good luck to you though I feel like if you got an interview you have a great chance!I had mine on Jan 29. At the end they said 4-6 weeks. Who did you interview with? I had a professor who couldn't really speak English that well and I felt like I was reiterating what was in my application. It was a friendly and nice conversation but I wasn't sure what he felt about it tbh.
What did you think?
Jealous, but congrats!Just got my acceptance letter today!!! I am a NY resident and interviewed on 1/29.
Hey guys!
Don't worry, your letter is coming 🙂 I interviewed 1/21 (my interviewer was also difficult to understand/hard to gauge how it went too)
Got my acceptance today! stats: 3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 3.8non science, 25 MCAT, tons of ECs, DO LOR/shadowing, 4 LOR
GOOD LUCK!
Don't worry, your letter is coming 🙂 I interviewed 1/21 (my interviewer was also difficult to understand/hard to gauge how it went too)
Got my acceptance today! stats: 3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 3.8non science, 25 MCAT, tons of ECs, DO LOR/shadowing, 4 LOR
GOOD LUCK!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!
Don't worry, your letter is coming 🙂 I interviewed 1/21 (my interviewer was also difficult to understand/hard to gauge how it went too)
Got my acceptance today! stats: 3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 3.8non science, 25 MCAT, tons of ECs, DO LOR/shadowing, 4 LOR
GOOD LUCK!
Are you IS ?
fb group for all those interested
https://www.facebook.com/groups/237374049770287/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/237374049770287/
So I just got a call from NYCOM today. Apparently they have been trying to get a hold of me for some time. The woman I spoke to at the admissions office requested that I send in my LORs as soon as possible. I was a bit confused, because back in September I received an email confirming that all of my materials, including LORs, were successfully received by the admissions office (I sent them by Interfolio as I did to Touro and Rowan). I found the original confirmation email and forwarded it back asking for some clarification, but by this point it was nearly 4:30 on a Friday. Ugh. I don't know if this might mean hope for an interview or what, but way to start a 3 day weekend lol.
Are you IS ?
yes
Similar threads
- Replies
- 270
- Views
- 71K
- Replies
- 395
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 346
- Views
- 68K