You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014
Started by BB8730
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
okay cool...congrats! I'm OOS so hoping I may get some love too 🙂I did, got one yesterday will be calling tomorrow to set up the interview. IS 3.5/25. Complete around mid October. Will post to let you guys know of closest interview dates
okay cool...congrats! I'm OOS so hoping I may get some love too 🙂
Me too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was wondering if there was anyone else out there with a 30+ MCAT who is still waiting/hoping to receive an interview invite. NYCOM is my top choice and I thought that I would have a really good shot with an above average MCAT and GPA.
Congrats to all who have been accepted/received II.
Congrats to all who have been accepted/received II.
Does anyone know if nycom averages the repeats if it's taken at a different institution or they completely replace it? Or do we need to take it at the original institution to not average it? I've spoken to diff people and everyone gives me diff answers including people at nycom.
Does anyone know if nycom averages the repeats if it's taken at a different institution or they completely replace it? Or do we need to take it at the original institution to not average it? I've spoken to diff people and everyone gives me diff answers including people at nycom.
I thought osteopathic medical schools used the grade replacement policy for repeat courses.
Was wondering if there was anyone else out there with a 30+ MCAT who is still waiting/hoping to receive an interview invite. NYCOM is my top choice and I thought that I would have a really good shot with an above average MCAT and GPA.
Congrats to all who have been accepted/received II.
Are you in-state?
Are you in-state?
Yup, I actually grew up 10 minutes from campus. Now I live in Suffolk County.
Yup, I actually grew up 10 minutes from campus. Now I live in Suffolk County.
I hope they get to you soon! The next wave of interview invites seem to be going out, so good luck! They start interviewing late (Nov) so it isn't late at all.
I hope they get to you soon! The next wave of interview invites seem to be going out, so good luck! They start interviewing late (Nov) so it isn't late at all.
Thanks =)
.
Last edited:
Congrats. When did you interview?Accepted: IS/3.5/3.4/28.
Accepted: IS/3.5/3.4/28.
Would you mind telling us when you applied, when you completed your secondary, and when you interviewed?
If anyone is interested, NYIT-COM plans to open up a medical school in Arkansas:
http://www.astate.edu/a/asunews/3cn...d1fe-b745-4070-b297-755b214a65e1#.UqNS9mRDvIY
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/95891/asu-discusses-osteopathic-medical-school-with-nyit
http://www.astate.edu/a/asunews/3cn...d1fe-b745-4070-b297-755b214a65e1#.UqNS9mRDvIY
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/95891/asu-discusses-osteopathic-medical-school-with-nyit
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!!
~3.9/26-28 - IS - No D.O. letter
Applied & 2ndary complete Mid-July/ Interviewed mid-November
Where are my future classmates at?!?!
PM me if you have any questions about the specifics of my app, interview format/day, etc. Would love to help out my fellow sdners out!
Cheers!
~3.9/26-28 - IS - No D.O. letter
Applied & 2ndary complete Mid-July/ Interviewed mid-November
Where are my future classmates at?!?!
PM me if you have any questions about the specifics of my app, interview format/day, etc. Would love to help out my fellow sdners out!
Cheers!
Last edited:
Would you mind telling us when you applied, when you completed your secondary, and when you interviewed?
I applied in Mid-August, finished the secondary on 8/27/13, had all of my letters submitted by 09/10/13, interviewed on 11/12/13 and received my acceptance on 12/5/13.
I applied in Mid-August, finished the secondary on 8/27/13, had all of my letters submitted by 09/10/13, interviewed on 11/12/13 and received my acceptance on 12/5/13.
Awesome. Thanks for that🙂
How would you know if NYIT-COM has received your LOR's?
How would you know if NYIT-COM has received your LOR's?
I would like to know as well. Is there some way to check with interfolio if they have been downloaded?
I would like to know as well. Is there some way to check with interfolio if they have been downloaded?
I got a call last wednesday, asking for my lor's because my application is ready to go under review. Since you sent your app before mine, yours should already be in review
I got a call last wednesday, asking for my lor's because my application is ready to go under review. Since you sent your app before mine, yours should already be in review
I got an email telling me I am complete but they still haven't taken the fee out of my account which is making me wonder whether or not my application is just sitting in a pile somewhere now... I'm sure it is just application jitters but I just can't shake it.
I got an email telling me I am complete but they still haven't taken the fee out of my account which is making me wonder whether or not my application is just sitting in a pile somewhere now... I'm sure it is just application jitters but I just can't shake it.
Really? I think you should give them a call. My fee was taken out the week of Thanksgiving
Really? I think you should give them a call. My fee was taken out the week of Thanksgiving
Did you use the credit card form? Or some other means of paying. ..
Congrats! I interviewed the same date by the way 🙂I applied in Mid-August, finished the secondary on 8/27/13, had all of my letters submitted by 09/10/13, interviewed on 11/12/13 and received my acceptance on 12/5/13.
I would like to know as well. Is there some way to check with interfolio if they have been downloaded?
The way that I sneaked a "status check" from other schools without trying to be annoying is by calling them and asking if they received the letters. It didn't seem to be a problem and if the app is just sitting there but someone needs to click a "complete button" or something, they can do that when you call since they can see everything.
The way that I sneaked a "status check" from other schools without trying to be annoying is by calling them and asking if they received the letters. It didn't seem to be a problem and if the app is just sitting there but someone needs to click a "complete button" or something, they can do that when you call since they can see everything.
Cool. That seems like a good idea.
Completed secondary 9/30 and received II today for 1/14. OOS - 3.7 cgpa/3.7 sgpa/ 29 mcat
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II yesterday as well, OOS, 27-30/3.2-4s/3.6-8c! got a fairly early date as there was a cancellation in early Jan.
Congrats! I was complete mid October, so I hope to hear from them soonJus got II for 1/15 yesterday as well. Complete first week of October. 3.58c, 3.51s, 33MCAT OOS.

Congrats to everyone on the IIs. It doesn't seem like they're giving out a ton of interviews to in state applicants. I was under the impression that NYIT favored in state heavily...
don't know if it helps...but i spoke with some of the people who work in admissions, and they led me to believe that there is a separate person or committee who reviews specifically OOS applicants.
don't know if it helps...but i spoke with some of the people who work in admissions, and they led me to believe that there is a separate person or committee who reviews specifically OOS applicants.
That makes a lot of sense because it seems like the oos invites come out in their own batches.
II today! first one of the cyle 3.5/3.4, 31 scheduled for 1/15, IS Complete mid November
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. I had a question in regards to those that matriculate. As of now I am sitting on a 3.47 cgpa. I understand the average for matriculating students is 3.6, however do you think I have a chance at this school? I plan on taking my mcat soon but I would like to know how high I would need to score on the mcat in order to get in to NYIT with a less than average gpa. If it helps I should add I am an in state resident with many work and volunteer experiences in the field. Are there any whom have been accepted with a similar gpa? Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts.
There has been multiple acceptances of people with similar GPA. I think you should aim for a score of 28+.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Does anyone know what the ratio is of interviews given out to acceptances is?
Looks like from last year's thread, when someone called Admissions, they said that letters were mailed out this same week, and they were. Let's hope! If they are mailed out this week, I wonder what the latest interview date taken will receive a letter this week. I would imagine that last week's interviews would be too soon. It also looks like the next batch of responses do not come out until February (based on last year's thread). Good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 270
- Views
- 71K
- Replies
- 395
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 346
- Views
- 68K