New York DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

destination.dpt

Reaction score
Starting a thread for New York schools! I personally applied to Columbia and NYU - anyone hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Undergrad: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
GPA: 3.422
GRE: 160V, 155Q, 4 writing

Hours: combined around ~1500 in outpatient, pediatrics, nursing home

Work: Research Tech at an Alzheimer’s lab, Medical Assistant, and been a rehab aide at two different places (currently working as one) - all positions have been full-time

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally a thread for NY!

Applied to Columbia, NYU, LIU, Touro, NYIT, and Rutgers.

Plan to apply to NYMC and Stony Brook too.

Anyone applied to these schools too?

Applied to NYMC early decision, was invited to attend their open house and meet with their faculty next week as well as a formal interview in the first week of October

Reactions: 1 user
Undergrad: Long Island University Post
Major: Health Science
Minor: Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
GPA: 3.99
sGPA: 3.99
GRE: 146V, 153Q, 4W
Hours: Around 550 outpatient and 55 inpatient
Extracurricular: Honors Research Thesis on Common Sports Related Injuries

Applying: Hunter, Stonybrook, LIU, NYIT

My friend got an interview email for Columbia today! Anyone else?? Im waiting on mine haha

I got an email from them that they received my application and start interviewing in the fall semester. They said they rank by GPA and GRE and if your name comes up on the ranking system, they'll invite you for an interview and they do around 1 per month

Okay I received the same email. Good to know!

I got an email from them that they received my application and start interviewing in the fall semester. They said they rank by GPA and GRE and if your name comes up on the ranking system, they'll invite you for an interview and they do around 1 per month

Same here with LIU. But they don’t do interviews till Dec.
I submitted end of August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a Columbia interview invite today!! Anyone else gonna be at the Nov 8th session?

I was invited to an interview at NYIT October 11th.

I was invited to an interview at NYIT October 11th.
Congrats! I was there last Friday. The interview was really relaxed. We started with a presentation of the program, followed by a tour, then came back to write an essay, and faculties randomly called people to do the one-to-one interview. Was able to ask current students questions for like 5 min. Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Congrats! I was there last Friday. The interview was really relaxing. We started with a presentation of the program, followed by a tour, then came back to write an essay, and faculties randomly called people to do the one-to-one interview. Was able to ask current students questions for like 5 min. Good luck to you!

I was invited to an interview to NYIT, I will go on 11/15. Thanks for the tips, can you tell me more about the writing essay part? I am really bad at “in class” writing. Thank you in advance.

I was invited to an interview to NYIT, I will go on 11/15. Thanks for the tips, can you tell me more about the writing essay part? I am really bad at “in class” writing. Thank you in advance.
It is different for everyone. I got sth like what would you do with a free afternoon. And it cannot relate to PT. I know, essay is not fun.

Congrats! I was there last Friday. The interview was really relaxed. We started with a presentation of the program, followed by a tour, then came back to write an essay, and faculties randomly called people to do the one-to-one interview. Was able to ask current students questions for like 5 min. Good luck to you!
Thank you so much! Do you remember how long the entire session lasted?

Finally a thread for NY!

Applied to Columbia, NYU, LIU, Touro, NYIT, and Rutgers.

Plan to apply to NYMC and Stony Brook too.

Anyone applied to these schools too?
I also applied to Stony Brook! Has anyone gotten any responses back yet? It’s my top school and I’m hoping for good news soon!!

Has anyone heard by from Stony Brook yet?
I got invited to fill out the supplemental application from Touro about two weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back from the rest of the schools.

Applied: Touro, Stony Brook, NYIT, Columbia, LIU, Upstate, NYU, NYMC, Western U, Hunter

Has anyone heard by from Stony Brook yet?
I got invited to fill out the supplemental application from Touro about two weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back from the rest of the schools.

Applied: Touro, Stony Brook, NYIT, Columbia, LIU, Upstate, NYU, NYMC, Western U, Hunter
I also applied to Stony Brook, NYIT, LIU, and Hunter and so far I've only heard back from NYIT and interviewed there.

Has anyone that interviewed Friday at Columbia heard back yet? I know it seems soon but I know in past years they usually found out on Monday.

Has anyone that interviewed Friday at Columbia heard back yet? I know it seems soon but I know in past years they usually found out on Monday.
Not yet. I’m super anxious too. Keep you updated if I hear anything. I have my CPR training this Friday, not sure if they are gonna hold me back for it.

Do you mind sharing your stats?
ndergrad: Long Island University Post
Major: Health Science
Minor: Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
GPA: 3.99
sGPA: 3.99
GRE: 146V, 153Q, 4W
Hours: Around 550 outpatient and 55 inpatient
Extracurricular: Honors Research Thesis on Common Sports Related Injuries

I'm still working on my application. Hopefully, I'll have everything submitted the first week on November...

I was there. Haven't heard back either!

Reactions: 1 users
How did the interview day go? I have mine next month! Good luck to you both :)

So I just heard back from the school a few minutes ago and got an acceptance letter!

It started with a current student panel where we get to ask current students questions. Then the faculty members gave presentations about the program. Interviews started at around noon and all interviewees get split into big groups, so one group will have a campus tour, while the other is being interviewed. They pair u up with a faculty whom they think you have something in common with based on your app.

I heard some people's were pretty chill and conversational. Mine felt a bit formal but it all depends on who you get! Best of luck :)

Just got accepted to NYIT!

Anyone apply to Clarkson? Or know much abt their program? Im a VA student so I can’t easily travel up to NY, so my knowledge is basically all based on their website, students etc.

So I just heard back from the school a few minutes ago and got an acceptance letter!

It started with a current student panel where we get to ask current students questions. Then the faculty members gave presentations about the program. Interviews started at around noon and all interviewees get split into big groups, so one group will have a campus tour, while the other is being interviewed. They pair u up with a faculty whom they think you have something in common with based on your app.

I heard some people's were pretty chill and conversational. Mine felt a bit formal but it all depends on who you get! Best of luck :)

Sounds great! Thank you so much and good luck to you!!!

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? I have an interview at Columbia in 2 weeks and am really hoping it goes well!

Just got an invitation to interview at Stony Brook!

congrats!! do you mind sharing your stats? Stony Brook is my top school!
Thank you so much! I actually posted my stats very early in this thread. It is post number 6 on this! Good luck with everything!

Just received an interview invitation from LIU Brooklyn! Let me know if you have any information on their interview process or the school itself :)

I also just received an interview invite for LIU Brooklyn! However, I am not sure yet if I will be attending.