You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York DPT 2019-2020
Started by destination.dpt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’m submitting my application for NYU next week. What are your stats.Starting a thread for New York schools! I personally applied to Columbia and NYU - anyone hear anything yet?
destination.dpt
Full Member
Undergrad: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
GPA: 3.422
GRE: 160V, 155Q, 4 writing
Hours: combined around ~1500 in outpatient, pediatrics, nursing home
Work: Research Tech at an Alzheimer’s lab, Medical Assistant, and been a rehab aide at two different places (currently working as one) - all positions have been full-time
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
GPA: 3.422
GRE: 160V, 155Q, 4 writing
Hours: combined around ~1500 in outpatient, pediatrics, nursing home
Work: Research Tech at an Alzheimer’s lab, Medical Assistant, and been a rehab aide at two different places (currently working as one) - all positions have been full-time
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
Finally a thread for NY!
Applied to Columbia, NYU, LIU, Touro, NYIT, and Rutgers.
Plan to apply to NYMC and Stony Brook too.
Anyone applied to these schools too?
Applied to Columbia, NYU, LIU, Touro, NYIT, and Rutgers.
Plan to apply to NYMC and Stony Brook too.
Anyone applied to these schools too?
Undergrad: Long Island University Post
Major: Health Science
Minor: Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
GPA: 3.99
sGPA: 3.99
GRE: 146V, 153Q, 4W
Hours: Around 550 outpatient and 55 inpatient
Extracurricular: Honors Research Thesis on Common Sports Related Injuries
Applying: Hunter, Stonybrook, LIU, NYIT
Major: Health Science
Minor: Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
GPA: 3.99
sGPA: 3.99
GRE: 146V, 153Q, 4W
Hours: Around 550 outpatient and 55 inpatient
Extracurricular: Honors Research Thesis on Common Sports Related Injuries
Applying: Hunter, Stonybrook, LIU, NYIT
destination.dpt
Full Member
My friend got an interview email for Columbia today! Anyone else?? Im waiting on mine haha
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
I just got interview emails from Columbia as well! So excited!
destination.dpt
Full Member
Do we know when the next round for Columbia interviews has typically gone out?
Future_Ms_DPT
Full Member
Finally a thread for NY!
Applied to Columbia, NYU, LIU, Touro, NYIT, and Rutgers.
Plan to apply to NYMC and Stony Brook too.
Anyone applied to these schools too?
I applied to LIU! Have you heard back yet regarding an interview?
Future_Ms_DPT
Full Member
I got an email from them that they received my application and start interviewing in the fall semester. They said they rank by GPA and GRE and if your name comes up on the ranking system, they'll invite you for an interview and they do around 1 per month
Okay I received the same email. Good to know!
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
I got an email from them that they received my application and start interviewing in the fall semester. They said they rank by GPA and GRE and if your name comes up on the ranking system, they'll invite you for an interview and they do around 1 per month
Same here with LIU. But they don’t do interviews till Dec.
I submitted end of August.
Best of luck! Im a 1st year SPT there and the program is nothing short of incredible.I just got interview emails from Columbia as well! So excited!
destination.dpt
Full Member
Got a Columbia interview invite today!! Anyone else gonna be at the Nov 8th session?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
Mine is Oct 18th as well! See you there!I have a Columbia interview on Oct 18th anyone else?
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
Got a Columbia interview invite today!! Anyone else gonna be at the Nov 8th session?
Thank you! I went to the open house and really loved it! Columbia is my top choice! Hopefully will get in 🙂Best of luck! Im a 1st year SPT there and the program is nothing short of incredible.
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
Congrats! I was there last Friday. The interview was really relaxed. We started with a presentation of the program, followed by a tour, then came back to write an essay, and faculties randomly called people to do the one-to-one interview. Was able to ask current students questions for like 5 min. Good luck to you!I was invited to an interview at NYIT October 11th.
Last edited:
Congrats! I was there last Friday. The interview was really relaxing. We started with a presentation of the program, followed by a tour, then came back to write an essay, and faculties randomly called people to do the one-to-one interview. Was able to ask current students questions for like 5 min. Good luck to you!
I was invited to an interview to NYIT, I will go on 11/15. Thanks for the tips, can you tell me more about the writing essay part? I am really bad at “in class” writing. Thank you in advance.
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
It is different for everyone. I got sth like what would you do with a free afternoon. And it cannot relate to PT. I know, essay is not fun.I was invited to an interview to NYIT, I will go on 11/15. Thanks for the tips, can you tell me more about the writing essay part? I am really bad at “in class” writing. Thank you in advance.
Got it. Thank you for the tips.It is different for everyone. I got sth like what would you do with a free afternoon. And it cannot relate to PT. I know, essay is not fun.
Thank you so much! Do you remember how long the entire session lasted?Congrats! I was there last Friday. The interview was really relaxed. We started with a presentation of the program, followed by a tour, then came back to write an essay, and faculties randomly called people to do the one-to-one interview. Was able to ask current students questions for like 5 min. Good luck to you!
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
I left around 11. I think most people left around 1030 to 1130.Thank you so much! Do you remember how long the entire session lasted?
DPThopeful12567
Full Member
I also applied to Stony Brook! Has anyone gotten any responses back yet? It’s my top school and I’m hoping for good news soon!!Finally a thread for NY!
Applied to Columbia, NYU, LIU, Touro, NYIT, and Rutgers.
Plan to apply to NYMC and Stony Brook too.
Anyone applied to these schools too?
Has anyone heard by from Stony Brook yet?
I got invited to fill out the supplemental application from Touro about two weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back from the rest of the schools.
Applied: Touro, Stony Brook, NYIT, Columbia, LIU, Upstate, NYU, NYMC, Western U, Hunter
I got invited to fill out the supplemental application from Touro about two weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back from the rest of the schools.
Applied: Touro, Stony Brook, NYIT, Columbia, LIU, Upstate, NYU, NYMC, Western U, Hunter
I also applied to Stony Brook, NYIT, LIU, and Hunter and so far I've only heard back from NYIT and interviewed there.Has anyone heard by from Stony Brook yet?
I got invited to fill out the supplemental application from Touro about two weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back from the rest of the schools.
Applied: Touro, Stony Brook, NYIT, Columbia, LIU, Upstate, NYU, NYMC, Western U, Hunter
Do you mind sharing your stats?I also applied to Stony Brook, NYIT, LIU, and Hunter and so far I've only heard back from NYIT and interviewed there.
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
Not yet. I’m super anxious too. Keep you updated if I hear anything. I have my CPR training this Friday, not sure if they are gonna hold me back for it.Has anyone that interviewed Friday at Columbia heard back yet? I know it seems soon but I know in past years they usually found out on Monday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ndergrad: Long Island University PostDo you mind sharing your stats?
Major: Health Science
Minor: Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
GPA: 3.99
sGPA: 3.99
GRE: 146V, 153Q, 4W
Hours: Around 550 outpatient and 55 inpatient
Extracurricular: Honors Research Thesis on Common Sports Related Injuries
worriedsoul
Full Member
I'm still working on my application. Hopefully, I'll have everything submitted the first week on November...
anon_person
New Member
Has anyone that interviewed Friday at Columbia heard back yet? I know it seems soon but I know in past years they usually found out on Monday.
I was there. Haven't heard back either!
I was there. Haven't heard back either!
How did the interview day go? I have mine next month! Good luck to you both 🙂
anon_person
New Member
How did the interview day go? I have mine next month! Good luck to you both 🙂
So I just heard back from the school a few minutes ago and got an acceptance letter!
It started with a current student panel where we get to ask current students questions. Then the faculty members gave presentations about the program. Interviews started at around noon and all interviewees get split into big groups, so one group will have a campus tour, while the other is being interviewed. They pair u up with a faculty whom they think you have something in common with based on your app.
I heard some people's were pretty chill and conversational. Mine felt a bit formal but it all depends on who you get! Best of luck 🙂
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
Me too! Got the email just now.I just found out I was accepted!
Anyone apply to Clarkson? Or know much abt their program? Im a VA student so I can’t easily travel up to NY, so my knowledge is basically all based on their website, students etc.
So I just heard back from the school a few minutes ago and got an acceptance letter!
It started with a current student panel where we get to ask current students questions. Then the faculty members gave presentations about the program. Interviews started at around noon and all interviewees get split into big groups, so one group will have a campus tour, while the other is being interviewed. They pair u up with a faculty whom they think you have something in common with based on your app.
I heard some people's were pretty chill and conversational. Mine felt a bit formal but it all depends on who you get! Best of luck 🙂
Sounds great! Thank you so much and good luck to you!!!
dpt_studenthopeful
New Member
So I just heard back from the school a few minutes ago and got an acceptance letter!
It started with a current student panel where we get to ask current students questions. Then the faculty members gave presentations about the program. Interviews started at around noon and all interviewees get split into big groups, so one group will have a campus tour, while the other is being interviewed. They pair u up with a faculty whom they think you have something in common with based on your app.
I heard some people's were pretty chill and conversational. Mine felt a bit formal but it all depends on who you get! Best of luck 🙂
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? I have an interview at Columbia in 2 weeks and am really hoping it goes well!
dpt_studenthopeful
New Member
Also, has anyone heard anything about NYU?
Congrats and good luck! When did you submit your application?Just got an invitation to interview at Stony Brook!
Thank you! I submitted it around middle of September.Congrats and good luck! When did you submit your application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mushmushmushmush
Full Member
I got an invitation for interview on Nov 16th. But I’ll probably skip it. Their tuition is too high.Also, has anyone heard anything about NYU?
destination.dpt
Full Member
I thought NYU doesnt do interviewsI got an invitation for interview on Nov 16th. But I’ll probably skip it. Their tuition is too high.
Thank you so much! I actually posted my stats very early in this thread. It is post number 6 on this! Good luck with everything!congrats!! do you mind sharing your stats? Stony Brook is my top school!
Just received an interview invitation from LIU Brooklyn! Let me know if you have any information on their interview process or the school itself 🙂
Future_Ms_DPT
Full Member
I also just received an interview invite for LIU Brooklyn! However, I am not sure yet if I will be attending.