New York DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else hear back from CSI?
I got an interview from them yesterday. They are starting interviews Dec 3rd and conducting interviews throughout December.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am interviewing with Hunter on Dec 6th, How did your interview go? and what types of questions did they ask? I am honestly so nervous and I don't feel ready at all! So If you have any advice or any feedback that will be great!
Hey, I had the same experience as the other candidates that interviewed. It was completely different from my interviews at NYIT and Stony Brook. There is no presentation, tour, or students to speak with about the program. You write the essay for 30 mins and as soon as the 30 mins are up then you get called for the interview. The two faculty that interviewed me basically just read questions from a piece of paper so it didn't feel like a conversation at all. Hunter was my number 1 school before but after seeing how the professors are and not giving much thought on first impressions, it's no longer my number 1. I'm not trying to make you even more nervous but this seems like a common experience there. Just be confident and best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! im a first year at LIU, just be yourself, prepare questions for us ( the students), and the faculty because you get to speak with both of us !, and for anyone else seeing this who is a little iffy on the tuition side of things, I completely understand but I can't see myself being anywhere else, everyone is so friendly and welcoming, they help with whatever you need, and having friends in other programs across NYC, I see a big difference not only in our curriculums but the information and resources provided to my classmates and I. I would also not advise anyone ever to not at least go and see the schools that offered you an interview until you get into a program and you're set to go there! don't limit yourself and your options
Thank you so much for your insight!!

Hi everyone!
Had my interview last Saturday at NYU and found out Thursday evening I got accepted! Such a dream come true!
Anyone else get accepted to NYU yet? I also interviewed at Hunter and Columbia this week.
Hi there, I was wondering if you could tell me the process of the NYU interview? Was it a one on one ?

I had the same experience except I was just interviewed by one person. The questions weren't even typical PT interview questions and it seemed a bit rushed on the interviewer's part as if she just wanted to get through the questions. Barely made eye contact with me just read from the paper and was writing notes down. She only smiled like 3 times at me but that was it. Interview was a total of 30 minutes.

Do you remember the questions they asked? And how was the essay?

That’s good to know. I have an interview with them on 12/6, but Kean just offered me an interview on that same day as well. My top choice is Kean > LIU, but it is good to hear that there are other dates available in case LIU is the one I need to postpone
Hi there, I'm going to LIU tomorrow for an interview as well. Did you decide to go to LIU or Kean? I'm a bit nervous since it's my first interview.

I interviewed with NYU 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
What was the interview like?
It's actually my favorite interview that I've been to. I had two people interview me. They pulled info from my application both my personal statement and supplemental questions. But it felt like they wanted to get to know me better as an applicant as opposed to just another student.

Reactions: 1 user
It's actually my favorite interview that I've been to. I had two people interview me. They pulled info from my application both my personal statement and supplemental questions. But it felt like they wanted to get to know me better as an applicant as opposed to just another student.
That sounds great. I hope I hear from them soon. I applied the day of the soft deadline in October.

UPDATED

Undergrad: Binghamton
Major: Psychology
GPA: 3.4
GRE: V151 Q149 4.0
Hours: 300 in and out patient- four settings

Applied: Stony Brook, NYU, Touro, LIU, NYIT, NYMC, Upstate Medical College, Hunter, Columbia
Interviews: LIU, Upstate Medical College, Columbia, Westen U
Rejected: NYIT, Stony Brook
Accepted: Touro Bayshore

Hi there, can anyone tell me about a CSI interview?
you go in, state your name, they give you an extremely long article to read and summarize, you get a half-hour to do it and then they come and start the interview, its two people. basic why pt, why CSI, challenges you've faced. they questioned me on what I would do if I had 3 finals on the same day. Then you get a mini-tour from some of the students. their claim to fame is their new cadaver lab.

you go in, state your name, they give you an extremely long article to read and summarize, you get a half-hour to do it and then they come and start the interview, its two people. basic why pt, why CSI, challenges you've faced. they questioned me on what I would do if I had 3 finals on the same day. Then you get a mini-tour from some of the students. their claim to fame is their new cadaver lab.

Great thanks so much!

Anything else they asked you that stood out?

Anything else they asked you that stood out?
yeah for sure, I worked in a PT office at the time so they asked a time good or bad that a patient stuck out to me, I talked about that, I wound up being rejected (the day before Christmas I got the letter in the mail, kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, they were my top choice until then) and when I went for a meeting to see what I could do better they said my answers weren't long enough ?? not sure what that meant I know I answered the questions completely, but as I stated they were my top choice and it was also my first interview.
advice I can give: dont just say you want to help people, we all do, gotta dig a little deeper

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone still hearing back from NYU? I applied at the soft deadline of Oct 1 and I haven't heard anything back regarding interviews.

Just got accepted into Hunter. Actually very surprised I did since I didn't think the interview went well. I'm so conflicted right now because I liked other programs better but Hunters tuition is like $80k less..

Is anyone still hearing back from NYU? I applied at the soft deadline of Oct 1 and I haven't heard anything back regarding interviews.

I applied to NYU on Oct. 28th and just got a phone call for an interview in January today!

What are peoples thoughts on Hunters program? Their facility seems very small and I know that they're the most affordable program but in terms of quality of the program does anyone have any insight?

Do you think you will be attending CSI?
Yea. I think so. I did not get enough insight about the program during the interview, but i like the school in general. Do you have any feedback about the program?

Yea. I think so. I did not get enough insight about the program during the interview, but i like the school in general. Do you have any feedback about the program?

It's a program of only 20 people so they really are proud of their student centered approach. I feel like a small class is great because everyone will get so close. I know they have a lot of great clinical affiliations to choose from and there's a research component which only some schools have. I really like how it's a campus feel and the cafeteria is right near the physical therapy building.

I found the two faculty who interviewed me to be very nice and they asked me interesting questions.
I spoke to a physical therapist who told me that when she graduated from CSI her current job sought her out instead of her even looking for a job which I thought tells you a lot about the reputation of CSI's program. I'm really excited to be going.

It's a program of only 20 people so they really are proud of their student centered approach. I feel like a small class is great because everyone will get so close. I know they have a lot of great clinical affiliations to choose from and there's a research component which only some schools have. I really like how it's a campus feel and the cafeteria is right near the physical therapy building.

I found the two faculty who interviewed me to be very nice and they asked me interesting questions.
I spoke to a physical therapist who told me that when she graduated from CSI her current job sought her out instead of her even looking for a job which I thought tells you a lot about the reputation of CSI's program. I'm really excited to be going.
Thank you for the info. The biggest pro for me is that its very student oriented.

I look forward to meet you in June there.

Has anyone heard from Touro since submitting the supplemental app? Wasn’t sure if they send acceptances out in waves or just randomly!

Has anyone heard anything yet from Stony Brook?? It’s been almost a month since interviews!!

I just got a call from Stony Brook and was offered a seat in their program! She said they’re doing calls all month and should be getting the email around middle of January.

I just got a call from Stony Brook and was offered a seat in their program! She said they’re doing calls all month and should be getting the email around middle of January.
Me too! Which campus did you pick?

I picked the stony brook campus! How about you?
After lots of debate... also main campus!! I love the feel of the Southampton campus but there just isn’t much over there.
Do you think you’ll be attending??

Congrats! Did they say anything to you about the academic update? I emailed them back but no response yet.
No they did not say anything about the academic update, although I submitted the update at 11 and they called around 1. I hope you get a call soon. ❤️ They sounded like they had a lot more calls to make.

After lots of debate... also main campus!! I love the feel of the Southampton campus but there just isn’t much over there.
Do you think you’ll be attending??
I agree with you. I'm not sure if ill be attending because I got accepted into Hunter and it is much cheaper than stony brooks tuition.

No they did not say anything about the academic update, although I submitted the update at 11 and they called around 1. I hope you get a call soon. ❤ They sounded like they had a lot more calls to make.
Thank you so much for the reply and sending good thoughts! I’m anxiously hoping to get the call, congratulations again :)