This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HeirtoVicki

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Wanted to post on here to see if I could squeeze out any information regarding SUNY post baccs. I am applying for the fall to SUNY Farmingdale, SUNY Old Westbury and SUNY Purchase to their post bacc programs. Does anyone have any information regarding the listed schools and/or their program (aside from the general info on their website)? Any info would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

What are your cGPA and sGPA? What was your UG major and how many pre-med pre-req classes have you taken? I ask since there are less expensive, less time-consuming options than a post-bacc depending on your situation.

What are your cGPA and sGPA? What was your UG major and how many pre-med pre-req classes have you taken? I ask since there are less expensive, less time-consuming options than a post-bacc depending on your situation.
I've been out for 3 years and I was a psych major with a 3.3 GPA. I didn't take the science courses so I will need the full course load.

Members don't see this ad :)
Post-bacc is pretty expensive that's why I didn't opt for it plus classes with good professors get filled up easily by undergrad, I heard. I know a couple of people in SUNY Farmingdale's post-bacc who complained they couldn't get in the classes they wanted because the registration period for undergrad students come earlier than post-baccs, if this helps answer your question. I'm trying to get into Dale this Fall semester and so far, I like their Pre-Health Professional Advisement. Very helpful with transferring my credits and explaining the process to me. I'm doing a second bachelors btw, still considered post-bacc but DIY. Less pricey, more flexible.

Post-bacc is pretty expensive that's why I didn't opt for it plus classes with good professors get filled up easily by undergrad, I heard. I know a couple of people in SUNY Farmingdale's post-bacc who complained they couldn't get in the classes they wanted because the registration period for undergrad students come earlier than post-baccs, if this helps answer your question. I'm trying to get into Dale this Fall semester and so far, I like their Pre-Health Professional Advisement. Very helpful with transferring my credits and explaining the process to me. I'm doing a second bachelors btw, still considered post-bacc but DIY. Less pricey, more flexible.
Ahhh yes. It is pricey but for myself, living at home and working at the same time drives me crazy. Started out at CCNY and it wasn't easy to juggle 9-5 3 classes that required attendance and other responsibilities/bills. But I appreciate the feedback!

Reactions: 1 user