NHSC Application 2016 is Officially Open!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my credit checked by Credco 6/14 . Just checked it through equifax... had to pay the $15.95 to see it but I saw it! Does that mean I have a good chance of getting the scholarship?

My credit score is not the best, but it's good.
are you disadvantaged?
 
I got my credit checked by Credco 6/14 . Just checked it through equifax... had to pay the $15.95 to see it but I saw it! Does that mean I have a good chance of getting the scholarship?

My credit score is not the best, but it's good.
Idk about good chance but it means you have a chance 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys are hilarious. I'm not in here much because I currently studying for nbde part 1. I picked the avatar bc he's a ninja Doctor. I'm have an extensive Martial arts background plus I'm in dental school. Simple as that. And yeah I'll probably use the stethoscope in my office at some point. I definitely don't Wanna be the doc who just puts people in the chair and then forgets bld pressure, heart rate, etc, and then kills someone from extracting a tooth. As for NHSC. I'll just sit back and see. I didn't get it last year so maybe things will change for this year.
 
You guys are hilarious. I'm not in here much because I currently studying for nbde part 1. I picked the avatar bc he's a ninja Doctor. I'm have an extensive Martial arts background plus I'm in dental school. Simple as that. And yeah I'll probably use the stethoscope in my office at some point. I definitely don't Wanna be the doc who just puts people in the chair and then forgets bld pressure, heart rate, etc, and then kills someone from extracting a tooth. As for NHSC. I'll just sit back and see. I didn't get it last year so maybe things will change for this year.

Not a big deal. I made an innocent assumption and some other guy had to be smart about it. Wear a stethoscope and save the world for all I care. Good luck on your NBDE.
 
You guys are hilarious. I'm not in here much because I currently studying for nbde part 1. I picked the avatar bc he's a ninja Doctor. I'm have an extensive Martial arts background plus I'm in dental school. Simple as that. And yeah I'll probably use the stethoscope in my office at some point. I definitely don't Wanna be the doc who just puts people in the chair and then forgets bld pressure, heart rate, etc, and then kills someone from extracting a tooth. As for NHSC. I'll just sit back and see. I didn't get it last year so maybe things will change for this year.
Im studying for nbde part 1 too! one week ! Good luck 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a couple of emails from HRSA today. They definitely got my heart racing before I opened them and they were just announcements from a webinar and deadline for loan repayment. Either give me good news or put me out of my misery already!
 
Got a couple of emails from HRSA today. They definitely got my heart racing before I opened them and they were just announcements from a webinar and deadline for loan repayment. Either give me good news or put me out of my misery already!
Am I the only one who did not get these email?
 
Hey Floss,

Do not have too much to expand on. Spoke with someone at NHSC earlier over a different question but she noted that due to the rolling offer process, they have already recently started giving out some awards and will continue up until September 3o.
 
Hey Floss,

Do not have too much to expand on. Spoke with someone at NHSC earlier over a different question but she noted that due to the rolling offer process, they have already recently started giving out some awards and will continue up until September 3o.
I'm not doubting that they told you that, but I do doubt if it's accurate considering no one on here or on the DO forum have reported any contact. I will be interested to see if anyone does actually come out to confirm.

I'm still thinking most will receive a finalist email on the same day and if it is on the same basic time table as the last few years, much like the credit check was, then it will probably take place some day next week.
 
I'm not doubting that they told you that, but I do doubt if it's accurate considering no one on here or on the DO forum have reported any contact. I will be interested to see if anyone does actually come out to confirm.

I'm still thinking most will receive a finalist email on the same day and if it is on the same basic time table as the last few years, much like the credit check was, then it will probably take place some day next week.

I too will have to agree with Ukalum, as last I check, everything is done non-rolling basis. Including application review, credit check and base on last year, finalist email. It was pretty much done one step at a time but altogether for those selected.
 
Those were all of my thoughts too, along with the idea that while the staff is very pleasant when you call, it doesn't seem like those answering the phone know much about this specific program (lots of different info from calls in past threads). If offers started to go out, it would be odd that no one on this or the DO forum would've gotten a notice.

Maybe the ones who are SOOO disadvantaged actually received the scholarship, but that they don't even own a computer to type on and tell us. You guys ever thought about that? Hmm..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No... Because that sounds ridiculous

I wasn't sure if they were being sarcastic since the applicant used a computer (probably a dozen times) to prepare their dental school app, complete secondary apps, confirm interviews, confirm acceptances, and complete their NHSC application. They obviously have access to computers.


On second thought, it had to be sarcastic. Lol
 
I wasn't sure if they were being sarcastic since the applicant used a computer (probably a dozen times) to prepare their dental school app, complete secondary apps, confirm interviews, confirm acceptances, and complete their NHSC application. They obviously have access to computers.


On second thought, it had to be sarcastic. Lol

^ You understand me.


No... Because that sounds ridiculous

^ You don't understand me.
 
I'm a PA student, disadvantaged, credit check 6/14. The portal says "the site will be down for scheduled maintenance from 8:00 PM to approximately 10:00 PM EST Monday July 18, 2016." Hopefully this means they may be posting finalists Monday night!
 
Last year by this time some applicants had a tab "roles" next to "log out" on their application. Anyone?
I do not have it.
 
I have it.

It says NHSC SP Applicant. It has been there for quite a while though.
 
Last year by this time some applicants had a tab "roles" next to "log out" on their application. Anyone?
I do not have it.
I'm pretty sure they debunked the significance of any specific tab. Several finalists last year said their portals never changed to contain any new tabs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone mind telling me what this is? What is an NHSC? I applied for federal aid and unfortunately didn't get any because of the large pool of applicants and since it was "first come first serve"


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Pretty sure my chance is gone by now... or should I say "since June"? It's my second time already. There are way too many people applying in these recent years.