'No Acceptances Yet' Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who has made it out of the club!

As for the rest of us, anyone else feel like crying everyday that there is no mail or phone call from one of our schools?

Shreebee :(

Members don't see this ad.

congrats, lilnix. Way to go!!!

and cheer up, Shreebee, your not alone.:)
I'm still a sitting duck. Hoping beyond hope that I get an acceptance soon.

Congrats lilnix ! It's about time :D To all those still waiting, don't lose hope ! Today brings another week of potential opportunities !

Members don't see this ad :)
e-spin, shreebee, lakun, divinemsm, almondjoy, and everybody - thanks for all the support. you guys have all been so helpful whether it's in the forums, or in the private messages. i'm not going anywhere though, i'm sticking around so i can watch the NAY club keep getting smaller!

YAY!!!!!!! Lilnix!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I knew you would get in! This is so fantastic! It feels great, doesn't it!

Also, congrats to divinemsm and coolhandluke! :clap:

Everyone else, hang in there, your time will come.

Hey how often are u guys contacting the schools that you're waitlisted at? What do you say each time? I feel like I repeat myself over and over again. Good Luck Everyone!

... just wanted to keep this thread alive....
:) :) :)

Still here...waiting for the bus:confused:

Where is the love?

im still at the bus stop too...starting to lose hope :(

keep holding on guys.... Three weeks ago I was in the same boat.... and now i have 3 acceptances (NYMC, Cincy, and Drexel). I am a relatively average applicant (29 MCAT, 3.6 GPA, some extracurriculars)... and I was starting to lose hope myself waiting around and pulling my hair out. But it will happen... just keep the faith. And good luck to everyone. :)

This waitlist is making me go crazy.... ughh it's almost July and what are my chances of really making it off :( My premed advisor basically told me to give up cause he said on average 6-10 people get off the waitlist from now till start of classes. *Sigh*

no...no...no.....don't give up just yet ! pre-med advisor be damned ! my own told me i would NEVER get into medical school, and now he can kiss my a!$ ! PLENTY of people get in as late as the day before class begins....ideal ? no....worth it ....definitely.
hang in there ! ....6 TO 10 PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!.......for pete's sake....

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into NYMC today!!!!!!!!!!! whoooooooooo hooooooo! Thank you to everyone for all of their support!!!!!

Those of you who are still waiting, I know it's hard to do, but hang in there...it WILL happen!

Congratulations for getting kicked out of the club:clap: :clap: :clap:

Now you can relax and enjoy the summer:cool:

:clap: :clap: congrats shreebee :clap: :clap:
... I'm pretty sure that's where I'll be going...

congrats, shreebee.

I fear I will be the last man standing as far as this club goes.:(

lakun,
we have all felt the way at some point during this process.....don't give up hope.....you have a significant amount of time left ! Soon enough, your time will come !

Shreebee.......CONGRATS :clap: :clap: I am from the area near NYMC.....it's a nice place to live !

congrats Shreebee!!! I am so happy for you!!! So you'll be at NYMC with almondjoy!! Woo-hoo!!!

Lakun, hang in there...I know it is tough but start enjoying your summer cause when you get your call ( and I know you will) you may have to move in a hurry. Everything for Wayne State has moved so fast for me I wish I had done more fun things during May thru June!!! So keep your chin up!! :)

Cheers!
Spin:D :D

Congrats to all who got the fat one in the mail this week:clap: :clap:
As for me, the week has brought nothing but bills and shoppers guides. Who uses those anyways. Well I hate to bring this up, but Im curious as to what people will be doing next year if the call never comes. Ill be ditching my dead end research job for a post-bac. Has anyone heard anything about the PENN and Jefferson waitlists lately? Im not holding my breath. +pissed+

Am I not Vice President...who else holds this many waitlists I cahllenge you to a runoff....cipher should be president, I won't take that away from him.

So still on 6 waitlists: 1)Sinai, 2)Pritzker, 3)Einstein, 4)Loyola, 5)NYMC, 6)Penn State...I called recently all schools and only the New York schools seem to be moving the others are halted for now...

So I am still around and hope to hear something when i come back from July 4th vacation...:rolleyes:

Some even said "we call up to orientation week" I was like "OK let me have an ulcer and then invite me what the heck." Good luck all...light some candles for the rest of the club.;)

yay shreebee!!!! i'm so happy for you:D i knew it would work out....lakun, please don't feel down, i think you might be next...

Hey Lab-Rat21, I just thought you might want to know that, to my knowledge, Einstein isn't even moving yet (will start in the beginning of July). So I think there's still a lot of hope for you there. They take a lot of people off the waitlist, I think.

Good luck to everybody, and congrats to Shreebee!

I have been lurking on this thread for months, and finally found out yesterday that I got into NYU!!!

Guys,

I just got into NJ Med this evening...the dean just called...I am so excited...so if any of you are on NY Med's waitlist, I hope that one of you gets my spot. Good Luck and Thank You all so much for all of your support!

Shreebee

congrats shreebee, the acceptances are rolling in. did you do anything special to get off of the waitlist? how many times did you contact the dean?? that's the call i've been waiting for..anyways congrats:)

Hi lilnix,

I kept in contact with the dean about every 3-4 weeks. I just made it very clear how interested I was in the school and I forwarded him my graduate school grades as they came in. I'm in the SMP at Georgetown. Good Luck!

to all who got in last week!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
i'm still standing, a card-carrying member of this club... on 3 WLs, trying to make it happen.... July is our month--hang in there everyone!!!

:D

I must also turn in my shortlived membership. I got into VCU on friday! I sent many update letters and other things and it might have helped. Just dont lose hope! Gluck to everyone waiting and congrats to everyone who has gotten in!!!

Congratulations! :)

Good luck at school.

I think that I'm going to join the club here. I'm only on one waitlist though, SUNY Buffalo. It is moving pretty good, but there is still a ways before they get to my spot. Have any of you guys begun the reapplication process?? I've been avoinding going to the AMCAS website because I don't want to lose hope. This process really sucks.

I thought I'd pop in and say congrats to the ones that have gotten in, and good luck to those still waiting. And i'd like to remind everyone that is an exmember or future exmember to come back next year and give everyone a little advice or encouragement. i think it helps alot to hear from people who were in your position and got in. anyhoo, good luck gals and guys.

Hey guys!! Hang in there. Just over a month ago, I was in this club, thinking that all was lost. Then the acceptances began. So don't give up hope. It is not over yet. JULY is your month. Good luck and congrats to those (like me) who have made it out of this club! :)

I'm sorry but I am going to withdraw from the club. Although I was never a really active member, I did have fun. One question... can I get a refund on my application fee! What was the $1200 lab fee???

To all thoes on waitlists, there is still hope!!! I interviewed the second to last interview session at Creighton and I just got in yesterday!!!! Hang in there and you will be ok!!!

Hi guys,

I just wanted to check in and say congrats to those of you that got out of the club.

For everyone still in the club, hang in there, I got 3 acceptances in this week alone...if there's hope for me, there's definitely hope for all of you!

Shreebee

hi everyone,

It's just one of those days where you keep thinking about that special call....well none has come in so far and since it's july loosing hope .....in fact i think its already lost. okay just needed to mope and vent....thanks for reading.

Everyone cheer up! I was never really part of this club, but up until 2 weeks ago I was on seven (7!) waitlists and got off of one to a really great school! Then this past week, I got in to my first choice school! There's still plenty of time, so don't worry! Things will start rolling for you soon. :)

Hey Koala_Me,
I really hope you'll get a call soon and everything will work out. Lets put it this way: If you dont get in to the schools your wailisted at, its their loss and not yours. You deserve to get in and dont worry about trying again. I truly hope you get in this year, but if you dont, I hope youll get into a much better school next year.
Good Luck!

PS: Just hang in there:clap:

By the way, congragulations Wahoo7. I hope Ill get into my fist choice too.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi Medadmsucks,

Thanks for the boost . . . . I hope you get into your top choice as well.

As a fairly recent grad of out little club I didnt want you to think that I abandoned those who are still waiting...I was on vacation :) Dont lose hope cause it aint over yet!!! Everything will work out the way it is supposed to, believe me, cause I have taken the circuitous route to med school. Hang in there!!!

Congrats to all of you who have gotten outta the clun in the past few weeks! I am SO happy for you!!!

Peace
Spin:D

who's still waiting? hope I'm not alone.

hey, I'm behind in all the great news, but I just wanted to add my congrats to e-spin, lilnix and all the others! woo-hoo!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I've watched you guys post for a while now... it's been a long time coming ain't it?! YAY!!! I'm sure you'll all make great docs, you have so much patience and perseverance through this freaking process.

yay!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi everyone,

I am still waiting on three waitlist... so your not alone, Lakun.

Congrads to everyone who got off the waitlist
:clap:

Hope that my day will come soon +pity+

Lakun...do not worry yourself young jedi. Many of us are still waiting. For me, on UCLA & USC...LA or bust! (literally)
CCHieb's

I'm still here too. How many more weeks do you guys have left? I have until Aug. 11th for my waitlist.

Originally posted by lakun
who's still waiting? hope I'm not alone.

There seems to be just a few lingering souls in here, but you certainly aren't alone.

Even though I'm on 3 waitlists right now, I'm trying to convince myself that they are all really rejections, so that I'll finally get around to submitting my AMCAS for next year. :(

Part of me is keeping hope alive and is convinced that I will actually get off of a waitlist in the next few weeks. And this part of me thinks that writing a new PS and submitting another AMCAS is just a big waste of time and money. The pragmatic part of me, however, knows that I need to focus on next years application and think of an acceptance for this year, should it happen, as just a pleasant surprise.

Have the rest of you submitted a new AMCAS yet?

Cipher,

I was thinking about starting a post about this. I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I outlined my new PS yesterday, but I really don't feel like going through this process again. Plus I don't feel like I've greatly improved my application this past year, besides a few ECs. I'm considering waiting and then reapplying for 2005. MCAT scores last for 3 years, right? Maybe I'll just rush my AMCAS in this year but only apply to 10 schools. Last year I applied to 17 and only had interviews at 2, but I applied late. We should just force ourselves to get AMCAS in and if we are accepted this year think of it as a pleasant suprise.

jwalst, this is an awful position we're in, isn't it? My application is essentially identical to last years app, and I'm trying to figure out how to rewrite my personal statement without it sounding exactly the same. I'm not in school, so I don't have any new grades to send, and I don't really have any new EC's, or letters of rec.

Yeah, I guess we just have to force ourselves to submit our AMCAS as soon as possible and hope for the best next time.

I am also in your boat cipher...I am not in school, sitting on two Wl, and because of the long process of applying, have done nothing new in the last year that would make my application any better. I have already decided, however, to take the next year, in the event that I don't get in, to add the things to my app that are missing. But, I guess the major hole in my application was volunteer work, so that is something that I could fix in a year. I have spent the last 6 years devoting myself to research, which I found out very quickly during this application process, that the admissions committee's were not very impressed with. I mean don't get me wrong, they like research, but they really don't differentiate between the people who spend a couple years in college on a mild research project, and people like me who devoted themselves to research (that is only for MD program and not MDPhD, which I had decided not to go for due to a whole complicated set of issues).

But to make a long story short, I am going to wait, and apply in 2005, and yes...our MCAT scores will still be usable (thank god...because there is no way in hell i am taking that thing again). It was so funny, I was reading on another thread about people wondering if they should take the MCAT again, and there was this dumb a$$ talking about how the MCAT wasn't that hard, yak..yak..yak... and all I was thinking was, "not hard if you like to put needles in your eye, while washing your mouth out with acid!"

It is funny I'm in exactly the same boat as you. My major holes are volunteer work and an average GPA. I think that I'm going to take this entire year off too and then reapply for 2005. This way we will have some time to actually improve our application. If you don't mind me asking how old are you guys?? I just turned 25 so I feel some pressure to hurry this whole process up. Damn it would be nice if we could all just get accepted off our waitlists this year. I'm waiting for SUNY Buffalo, how about you guys?