No difference between A and A- for Texas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted962392

Got a quick question for y’all. TMDSAS uses this grading scale: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1. There’s no plus or minuses. If you get a B+ it counts as 3 and A- counts as 4.
This being said would it be harmful to shoot for A- instead of A? It wouldn’t affect my gpa when I apply.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You should always shoot for the best grade you are capable of getting.

I don’t get how you can shoot for anything. Shouldn’t it be “study as good as you can”?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Texas only counts A, B, C etc no plus or minuses. B+=B A-=A etc. do your best while maintaining Ec’s and a life. I kinda disagree with getting the highest possible grade you can because you could always study more if you sacrificed your social life/hobbies but that’s not healthy. Do your best while maintaing your mental health and have some fun too.

Got a quick question for y’all. TMDSAS uses this grading scale: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1. There’s no plus or minuses. If you get a B+ it counts as 3 and A- counts as 4.
This being said would it be harmful to shoot for A- instead of A? It wouldn’t affect my gpa when I apply.
Thanks

Baylor is part of AMCAS and counts minuses in computing GPA.