Non-Traditional Student- Need tips on Application Essay!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xception

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll! :)

I'd appreciate ANY input about how i could score points & raise my chances for getting into the pre-dentistry Postbac program.

I graduated from Univ. 2 yrs ago with a degree in Business and International Studies...needless to say, i didn't take any relevant natural science classes, except Bio where i did miserably (C+) ...but i also didn't give it my 100%. I've been working full-time in the non-profit industry since, focusing mainly on the marketing aspect of it. I am REALLY wanting to go into dentistry! I'm so scared my application is going to be rejected b/c of my non-trad. background... Can anyone help me and shed some light on (for example...) how i can relate my work exp. to being successful as a dentist, or why I think i'd still do well in the pre-reqs given that i;ve done rather poorly in my bio class? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

this is probably going to sound like common sense.........

but i think you should write about why you want to be a dentist.

we can give you ideas, but the essay wont really be yours. it would be a combination of random people on sdn.

again, i think the best thing to do it write it yourself and we can look over it and give you feedback.