Noobs...in SPAAAAACE - 5th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space. The final frontier. Where our destiny lies above us, in a galaxy far, far away...

giphy.gif

It's not every day that a hodge podge group of individuals from ridiculously diverse backgrounds finds themselves all on the same mission. Well, okay, that happens literally every day in every movie theater across the globe, but we're talking about real life here! You all have been recruited to save the world, nay, the universe, and you must work together to do so. There are those among you who would see your mission fail! There are some who would like to watch the whole universe simply burn to the ground! Find them. Kill them.

What? Kill them??

Yes. Kill them. Technically it will be a lynching every day, but we like to think you'll be...I don't know...blasting people out of airlocks and such. Get creative with it. The sky isn't the limit, the limit is the vast expanse of space.

May the farce be with you. And whatever you do, DON'T PANIC.

~Table of Contents~
Day 1 - SkiOtter self destructs
Night 1 - mypetmoose crash lands
Day 2 - Bye Bye Beagle
Night 2 - Stella shattered, Sparrow snuffed out
Day 3 (Midday) - grebes shot
Day 3 - all quiet on the space frontier
Night 3 - Dandelion trampled
Day 4 - mutts mutilated
Night 4 - pickles...poisoned
Day 5 - the most anticlimactic tie result
Night 5 - dolphin destroyed
Day 6 (Midday) - stagg surprised by 'splosion
Day 6 - Barkley backstabbed
Night 6 - mod wishes for death but no one dies
Day 7 - shelter says sayonara
Night 7 - Ding dong Doc is dead
Day 8 - loss of HOPE
Night 8 - killer killed, MSU mysteriously materializes
Day 9 - emlady um...i can't alliteration, she ded
Night 9 - far too quiet
Day 10 - dina denied the win she deserved
Game End - Village Wins!

Manator/Manatee Matchups
Superlatives
Spreadsheet

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
WW Basics (Adapted from WW 101)

The game is divided into cycles. Each cycle is divided into a day and a night. During the day is when the players decide who they should "lynch" for that day. You are trying to figure out who the wolves are (hence the name of the game WW=werewolf... by day they act like villagers, but by night they kill). Each of you will cast a vote during the day sessions to lynch someone. When you cast a vote please put your vote in BOLD, for example, lynch Trilt. If you cannot use bold, put your vote in octothorps, like so: ###lynch trilt### You can change your vote from one person to another at anytime before the lynch is closed by writing unlynch Trilt, lynch vetmedhead. Whoever has the most votes against them will then be lynched. They will die (usually) and are removed from the game.

We then move to the night cycle. This is when the wolves pick who they are going to kill. Also, many villagers have roles that allow them to do things to help the villagers out. Please reply to your role conversation with your night actions if you have any. To make it easier for us to find your final action, please bold it and indicate the night like this:
N1
Mutilate kaydubs

There will be a writeup after each day session explaining what happened in the lynch and the role of the persons lynched, and also a writeup after the night session similarly. Sometimes these writeups can give you hints, and sometimes they are just for fun, and sometimes they are designed to mislead you. That's part of the fun :shifty:

Reactions: 2 users
Rules for this game, READ CAREFULLY

Note that these rules must be followed. We will not hesitate to enact punishment for breaking them, up to and including "mod killing", where you are removed from the game.

1. Do not discuss the game outside of this thread and your role (or mentor) PM unless you are specifically allowed to do so by the mods. There are no PMs in this game outside of ones set up by us.

2. Once you are dead, you are not allowed to strategize on the thread. If you are going to post, you must post in asterisks
like this
Please limit the amount that you post, and limit content to fun comments or cheering for your team. Just as you should be careful with what you post after death, you should also be careful with what posts you like. Use your best judgement, don't like posts with strategy in them. You would be surprised how what you say or like can sway players' thoughts, even if you think it is innocuous. So err on the side of caution. DO NOT DISCUSS THE GAME WITH LIVING PLAYERS.

3. Participate, participate, participate. I am not a mod who tolerates ghosting. We spent time building this game, and by signing up you committed to play it. Life does happen, so if things get busy let us know and send in contingency votes/actions. To get notifications of posts in this thread, please click the "watch thread" button at the top. This will help you remember that the game is going on!

4. This is a chance to practice your paraphrasing skills. Direct quoting or copy/pasting of ANY PMs is not allowed.

5. You may edit posts in this game, but only for small things (clarifying wording/typos). Do not edit lynch votes. Think before you post.

6. Do not discuss or share your night results before the writeup is posted. However, you are free to continue to strategize between lynch close and writeup.

7. This is not technically a rule...but I would enjoy it if you changed your avatar to something space-themed!

Rules for Mentors: Mentors are here to advise you of the mechanics of playing, and to discuss general strategy, but remember you are the ones who are playing. You will learn best from mistakes you make over the course of this game. Do not ask the mentor to tell you exactly what to do. You will notice all mentor messages on the thread will be surrounded by emojis

:shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:
like this
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That is so you can pick out the mentor messages easily!

If you have questions, please ask either the mods or the mentors, or you can post a question on the thread and one of us will answer.

Final rule: HAVE FUN!
And try to survive ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nickname Guide

Modators

WildZoo - dubz, wubz, subs, WZ
Trilt - trout
vetmedhead - vmh, meathead, meats

Manatees
...for most of you its your first, maybe second game. Pfft. You'll get nicknames WHEN YOU EARN THEM.

Matthew9Thirtyfive - M935 (this is an executive decision, because nobody wants to type all that)
SkiOtter - Ski, SkiSki, Otter

Grasshoppers
sheltermed - shelter, s&m, sm
muttmanager - mutts
killerleaf - killer
Dandelion8 - dandelion

Padawans
Stagg737 - Stagg, Staggikarp
dolphin106258 - dolphin, dolph
CoffeeQuestionMark - Coffee?, Cofeve (or something like that), koffee

Manators

Melchizedek - Mel, CheezyD, Cheezy, Cheez, Cheez-It
Karabiner13 - Kara, Karabou, KB, Karab, Bou, karabeans
Animal Midwife - AM
SportPonies - Sporty, Sport Sport, SportySpice, SP (if you're LAME)
PippyPony - Pippy, Pip, Pipperoo, Pipperoni, Pipsqueak, Pip Pip Hooray
finnickthedog - finn, finny
genny - Gen, En, EN, N, pengen
allieh8607 - allieh, allie
Coopah - Coop
kcoughli - kc, kcough
SARdoghandler - SAR, SARdines
MixedAnimals77 - mixy, Sir Mixalot
Skimble - Skim, Skil, Skilary
Crayola227 - Cray, CrayCray, Crayons
capri1722 - capri

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
WW Terminology
*may be updated with suggestions - manators please offer suggestions in our chat if you have them, so we don't clog up the thread.*

Waffle
- A delicious breakfast food. Also, the act of switching your vote. If lots of votes are switching around the same time, especially towards the end of the day, we call that a wafflefest

LyLo
- Lynch (correctly) or Lose. This is the point of no return for the village. If anything other than a wolf is lynched during LyLo, village loses the game.

WIFOM - Wine in Front of Me, taken from the poison scene in The Princess Bride. The circular reasoning that results from trying to determine the choices of someone who knows their actions would be analyzed. Probably overused.

Village(r) Code - A terrible way to determine someone's affiliation based on the style/format of their role PM, due to the assumption that wolf PMs will be different from villager PMs. Don't do it.

Sketchy - If you look up sketchy in the dictionary you will see pictures of many of our illustrious manators, along with this modator (depending on who you ask). Synonymous include wolfy, shady, suspect, suspicious, and highly lynchable.

Bandwagon - A buildup of votes on one player, usually one that quickly reaches the majority of votes

Parity - When wolf numbers equal village numbers. This is how wolves win the game.

Vanilla - a player with no special abilities. Can refer to a villager - sometimes called a vanillager - or a wolf, who in that case would have no abilities other than killing. Can also refer to a type of game where no special abilities exist.

Soft clear - When a player determines that, in their opinion, another player is not a wolf based on interactions, analysis, or whatever else and NOT through trustworthy mod-given information

Pocket - something mysteriously missing from a lot of women's clothing. Also the act of getting another player to trust you, typically by some form of sneaky emotional manipulation

Bus/Bussing - when a wolf backstabs another to gain the trust of the village

Tunneling - player A continues to go after player B day after day, perhaps in spite of evidence that player B is village

Scum - a catchall for the informed minority, usually the murderous ones. Someone the village needs to lynch.

Mod Flair - refers to artistic/creative license taken by the mods in writeups and individual players results. It is common for players to attempt to determine whether a particular portion of these writings is relevant to the game or simply mods having fun.

NAI - Not Affiliation Indicative. Usually refers to some aspect of a player's play that does not point to whether they are wolf or village. It simply...is.

Meta - Wolf meta. Village meta. Meta meta meta. This simply refers to various aspects of a player's playstyle, through time, in multiple games, and in different roles. You may not see it used as much in this game since many of you are new and do not yet have an established meta.

Idiot Savant - Also known as "Who are you, STL?" The act of correctly lynching a wolf, but for all the wrong reasons. Logic need not apply.

Rojo - One of the great old ones, his name has now the common term used to describe the act of accidentally posting something on the thread that was meant for PM, usually when a wolf posts something that was meant for wolf chat.

Last edited:
If you look to your right, you will see a body floating by, unencumbered by the gravity of life. Who is it? Does anybody know?
Oh, you've never seen that guy before? Why, it is SummertheLynx. Looks like someone killed him, for real this time. Who could do such a thing?

It is now Day 1
Lynch will close at 10pm EST (a little less than 13 hours from now). Please start sending in night actions so we can have a quick turnaround. Night close will generally be at 7am EST, or whenever all actions are received.

Start lynching!

21 players remain
1. @emlady09
2. @SkiOtter
3. @Barkley13
4. @grebes4lyfe
5. @Matthew9Thirtyfive
6. @Dinashadow
7. @ziggyandjazzy
8. @Doctor-S
9. @mypetmoose
10. @Beagle-Brigade
11. @picklegurl
12. @FrostySparrow
13. @Stella Mudd
14. @MSUcvmHOPE
15. @sheltermed
16. @muttmanager
17. @Dandelion18
18. @killerleaf
19. @Stagg737
20. @dolphin106258
21. @CoffeeQuestionMark

Manators
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @SARdoghandler / @MixedAnimals77
3. @SportPonies
4. @Melchizedek
5. @Karabiner13
6. @finnickthedog
7. @PippyPony
8. @Skimble
9. @Crayola227
10. @capri1722
11. @allieh8607
12. @genny
13. @Coopah / @kcoughli

Your mods are myself, @Trilt, and @vetmedhead.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Nicknames seem to be a fluid. They seem to change/morph over time, depending on time and space. Especially in this forum. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you wanna get lynched clap your hands...*waits for claps*

Ok then...
Lynch emlady09
Because Smitty Werbenjagermenjansen is the real number 1.

Lynch M935
Bc no one wants to keep typing that out

Lynch shelter

because I RNG/drunk lynched you D1 last game and waffled and you ended up being woof
so, D1 lynch again

If you wanna get lynched clap your hands...*waits for claps*

Ok then...
Lynch emlady09
Because Smitty Werbenjagermenjansen is the real number 1.
Lol off topic (hope this is allowed) but a teammate on my lax team would always go "YOU'RE NUMBER 1" in that funny voice after I scored a goal because my number was in fact 1 lol

###lynch picklegurl### my dog's name is pickles and there can only be one!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Day 1 Official "Where no man has gone before" Lynch Tally

M935 (2)
- Coffee?, z&j
emlady (1) - MSU
Beagle (1) - killer
killer (1) - Barkley
shelter (1) - grebes
pickles (1) - mpmoose

7/21 votes
Deadline: 10pm EST (~9.5 hours)

giphy.gif

RNG ###LYNCH Beagle-Brigade## and because beagle are silly puppies, and would just bark in space all the time.

But beagles will keep us warm on those cold space nights!

I have to agree with lynching anyone with killer in their name so LYNCH Killerleaf

And I'll see you all tomorrow when I (hopefully) survive this 50% cumulative exam :help:

There can only be oneeeeee!!!! Lol
20181220_123536.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Day 1 Official "Where no man has gone before" Lynch Tally

M935 (2) - Coffee?, z&j
emlady (1) - MSU
Beagle (1) - killer
killer (4) - Barkley, beagles, dandelion, M935
shelter (1) - grebes
pickles (1) - mpmoose

10/21 votes
Deadline: 10pm EST (~9 hours)

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Ohhhh is a bandwagon forming early? :shifty:

Lynch ski

Bc I don’t think I’ve actually played a game with you?? Lol so a first time for everything.

RNG ###LYNCH Beagle-Brigade## and because beagle are silly puppies, and would just bark in space all the time.
Lynch Killer because I have a beagle, so I take personal offense to this.

There can only be oneeeeee!!!! LolView attachment 244682

I am only choosing not to lynch you, because for now, I believe your dog pickles isn’t playing on your behalf. If that is the case, then you’re absolutely right, and I would have to lynch myself. However, I’m not quite convinced of this yet. Only time will tell.

Killer being a killer feels too obvious

Lynch emlady

Lynch Killer

I'm just jumping on the bandwagon

UNLYNCH KILLER: Although I am not convinced that Killer is not the wolf (it could be so obvious that it just isn't obvious), however, I don't like bandwagons, so I am hopping off.

LYNCH DINASHADOW

Mostly because I want to at least survive one day and he has more votes than me lol.
Hmmm things to consider, things to consider. Are you playing the noob card? I'll change my vote if you find proof that Killer is the wolf, otherwise, I am now thinking it could be you. I am not sure yet, so convince me otherwise.

Hmmm things to consider, things to consider. Are you playing the noob card? I'll change my vote if you find proof that Killer is the wolf, otherwise, I am now thinking it could be you. I am not sure yet, so convince me otherwise.

Working on it. I will have an answer soon enough.