not your first time applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmpp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is applying to med school this year for the second time? How's it going so far?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, this is my second time applying, and I've already gotten one acceptance. :)

This is my second time also (last time was 1996).

4 interviews to date in last 2.5 weeks.... and wondering where I'm going to go with all this frequent flyer miles...

-A

Members don't see this ad :)
Way to stay with it Amra and PalCareGrl. Congrats on the interviews and acceptance(s). I applied last year also. I've applied to 6 schools and they are just starting to review my secondaries (they just received all of my letters of rec). I'm keeping my hopes up for some interview invites soon. Where have you interviewed and been accepted? What's your "top" choice so far?

mmpp- Try to be patient, this application cycle for me was much different than two years ago when I applied. This time I had my app in as early as possible and I've tried to stay on top of things... looks like the hard work has paid off.
Interviewed at: LECOM,UNECOM,NSUCOM, and AZCOM, declined interviews at TUCOM and CCOM. I've already been accepted at AZCOM, I'm getting the "official" answer from NSUCOM tomorrow via phone (I am unofficially accepted) and I should hear from UNECOM very soon. My first choice after interviewing is NOVA (NSUCOM), though my first choice before interviewing was UNECOM because I am from New England. More and more though it's looking like Florida.... my goal was to know where I am going next year before Thanksgiving and it looks like I might meet it. Best of luck to you! Keep us posted on how things are going! :D

Hey PalCareGrl, I am interviewing at NSUCOM in a couple of weeks...What excited you about that school more than the others?

Slingblade (cute name),

I liked NOVA because I thought the students were very friendly, the facility was outstanding, and the programs were excellent. For example, they give you basic life support the first semester, so that in case you need it, you have the training (since everyone thinks that med students know everything instantly), you can get your MPh for free in conjuction with your DO (which I am interested in) and you can also get your MBA for some additional tuition. The administators and other professionals that I met were very nice and everyone seemed to love the school and want you to love it to. Granted, I didn't meet the infamous Dr Terry, but I had a wonderful experience there, and I'm pretty sure that it's the place for me. If you have any other questions, feel free to email or post.

:) Best of luck at your interview! :D

This is my third year applying.. applied to allo school sin 99 and 00'... Then I discovered osteo and I'm so glad I did... I like the philosophy so much more and I just received my first interview at DMU on 11/16/01... anyone else gonna be there that day????

thanks..

Mike

Hi Mike,
Congratulations on your first interview. I just got mine for DMU as well, except it is on Nov. 15. I'm going to try to change it to the 16th. My situation is similar to yours, in that I applied to allopathic schools last year and discoverd how much more I relate to osteopthic principles in the midst of all of it. I'm applying solely to DO schools now. How and when did you start familiarizing yourself with OM? I'm really excited about it. What do you plan on telling adcoms if they ask you about your previous applications to allopathic school only? Do you know anything about DMU and the interview structure? best of luck and maybe I'll see you at DMU.

mmpp hope to see you there.. JP Hazelton said he'll be there too...
I plan on flying in a day ahead to check out the city... maybe we can meet up...
I heard that it's the most realaxed interview... 2 or 3 on the panel...

Mike

email me at [email protected]