You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Notes on a Scandal: Texas Waitlist!
Started by aggiesarah2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OMG! More waitlist movement! That's amazing news! I'm really rooting for ya Diana! If you get to UTSW, it would be awesome to have you as a classmate! There are 2 girls that I met during the Baylor DeBakey Summer Program in my class!
Lol, thanks treva! That's awesome! I'd pretty much written off UTSW a long time ago...but maybe there's still a little hope left. Still, I'm not betting on much at this point..
My boss was looking for a replacement for me earlier this year because she thought I would get into med school. A girl who applied for my job just notified us that she got into UT-Houston off the waitlist, so she was no longer available for the position.
Sigh. 🙁
Sigh. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My boss was looking for a replacement for me earlier this year because she thought I would get into med school. A girl who applied for my job just notified us that she got into UT-Houston off the waitlist, so she was no longer available for the position.
Sigh. 🙁
Ouch. =(
My boss was looking for a replacement for me earlier this year because she thought I would get into med school. A girl who applied for my job just notified us that she got into UT-Houston off the waitlist, so she was no longer available for the position.
Sigh. 🙁
yeah, not cool. she didn't even open up a spot at UTMB for us. how rude!
for posterity's sake. perhaps a little hope too
another silent day...?
another silent day...?
yet again...*crickets*
or maybe this is more appropriate...

yet again...*crickets*
or maybe this is more appropriate...![]()
Saddest. Fiddler. Ever.
Strange e-mail I received from UTSW:
Your application to the medical school entering class of 2008 was received from
the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service on July 11, 2007. Thank
you for your interest in UT Southwestern Medical School.
The application review process has begun. It is difficult to anticipate when
you might hear from us regarding the status of your application. If you are
selected for an interview, we will contact you via email at the same email address
to which this message was sent. Any changes to your email address should be
forwarded to TMDSAS and UT Southwestern as soon as possible.
You should periodically check the TMDSAS website for information regarding the
completion status of your application (such as receipt of transcripts, letters
of recommendation, MCAT score, etc.).
Sincerely,
Admissions Office
UT Southwestern Medical School
The hell!?? I didn't even apply.
Your application to the medical school entering class of 2008 was received from
the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service on July 11, 2007. Thank
you for your interest in UT Southwestern Medical School.
The application review process has begun. It is difficult to anticipate when
you might hear from us regarding the status of your application. If you are
selected for an interview, we will contact you via email at the same email address
to which this message was sent. Any changes to your email address should be
forwarded to TMDSAS and UT Southwestern as soon as possible.
You should periodically check the TMDSAS website for information regarding the
completion status of your application (such as receipt of transcripts, letters
of recommendation, MCAT score, etc.).
Sincerely,
Admissions Office
UT Southwestern Medical School
The hell!?? I didn't even apply.

I got the same email, as did someone in the UTH forum. Strange, but I guess just a group emailing error.
I got another email saying it was a mistake
2 utsw emails in one day gave me a hart attack, then broke it when i realized what it was about.
what a tease
2 utsw emails in one day gave me a hart attack, then broke it when i realized what it was about.
what a tease
I got another email saying it was a mistake
2 utsw emails in one day gave me a hart attack, then broke it when i realized what it was about.
what a tease
I guess this now makes the hot cheerleader a tease
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so like technically they can accept right up till the first day of classes?
TCOM:
TECH:
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB:
UTH:
UTSW
Baylor:
feel free to fill in the blanks. im guessing most classes start 1st week of aug. this year?
TCOM:
TECH:
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB:
UTH:
UTSW
Baylor:
feel free to fill in the blanks. im guessing most classes start 1st week of aug. this year?
so like technically they can accept right up till the first day of classes?
TCOM:First day of Orientation. July 23rd 🙁
TECH:
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB:
UTH:
UTSW
Baylor:
feel free to fill in the blanks. im guessing most classes start 1st week of aug. this year?
TCOM:First day of Orientation. July 23rd 🙁
TECH:
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB:
UTH:
UTSW
Baylor:
feel free to fill in the blanks. im guessing most classes start 1st week of aug. this year?
so like technically they can accept right up till the first day of classes?
TCOM:First day of Orientation. July 23rd 🙁
TECH:
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB:
UTH:
UTSW
Baylor:
feel free to fill in the blanks. im guessing most classes start 1st week of aug. this year?
I'm fairly certain Tech's is August 1st.
TCOM:First day of Orientation. July 23rd 🙁
TECH:
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB:
UTH:
UTSW: Aug 13th first day I think.
Baylor:
TECH:
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB:
UTH:
UTSW: Aug 13th first day I think.
Baylor:
I'm having trouble finding any of that information on their websites. I have been told that UTMB doesn't start until late August or that's what I hope at least. I'll ask them when I call admissions tomorrow.
I don't suppose admissions would be able to tell us how many peeps are left on the waitlist? They still haven't answered my email...maybe I'll call.
I don't suppose admissions would be able to tell us how many peeps are left on the waitlist? They still haven't answered my email...maybe I'll call.
I emailed UTSW/Wes Norred asking the same. No response.
I emailed UTSW/Wes Norred asking the same. No response.
I dont think he's handling the WL anymore, or so someone stated back a couple pages ago.
TCOM:First day of Orientation. July 23rd 🙁
TECH: First day of Orientation August 1st, first day of class August 6th.
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB: First day of Orientation August 20th
UTH:
UTSW: Orientation Aug 11th. Aug 13th first day of class.
Baylor:
TECH: First day of Orientation August 1st, first day of class August 6th.
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB: First day of Orientation August 20th
UTH:
UTSW: Orientation Aug 11th. Aug 13th first day of class.
Baylor:
TCOM:First day of Orientation. July 23rd 🙁
TECH: First day of Orientation August 1st, first day of class August 6th.
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB: First day of Orientation August 20th
UTH: Orientation Aug. 15th, first day of class Aug. 20th
UTSW: Orientation Aug 11th. Aug 13th first day of class.
Baylor:
TECH: First day of Orientation August 1st, first day of class August 6th.
UTSA
TAM:
UTMB: First day of Orientation August 20th
UTH: Orientation Aug. 15th, first day of class Aug. 20th
UTSW: Orientation Aug 11th. Aug 13th first day of class.
Baylor:
TCOM:First day of Orientation. July 23rd 🙁
TECH: First day of Orientation August 1st, first day of class August 6th.
UTSA: Orientation July 23rd, first day of class July 30th
TAM: Orientation July 23rd, first day of class July 30th
UTMB: First day of Orientation August 20th
UTH: Orientation Aug. 15th, first day of class Aug. 20th
UTSW: Orientation Aug 11th. Aug 13th first day of class.
Baylor: Orientation July 23rd, first day of class July 30th
TECH: First day of Orientation August 1st, first day of class August 6th.
UTSA: Orientation July 23rd, first day of class July 30th
TAM: Orientation July 23rd, first day of class July 30th
UTMB: First day of Orientation August 20th
UTH: Orientation Aug. 15th, first day of class Aug. 20th
UTSW: Orientation Aug 11th. Aug 13th first day of class.
Baylor: Orientation July 23rd, first day of class July 30th
TCOM:First day of Orientation. July 23rd 🙁
TECH: First day of Orientation August 1st, first day of class August 6th.
UTSA: Orientation July 23rd, first day of class July 30th
TAM: Orientation July 23rd, first day of class July 30th
UTMB: First day of Orientation August 20th
UTH: Orientation Aug. 15th, first day of class Aug. 20th
UTSW: Orientation Aug 11th. Aug 13th first day of class.
Baylor: Orientation July 23rd, first day of class July 30th
Did you seriously just copy and paste 3 times or do Baylor, UTSA, and A&M actually all have their events planned on the same day?!?!?
Did you seriously just copy and paste 3 times or do Baylor, UTSA, and A&M actually all have their events planned on the same day?!?!?
i truly hope not. that would seriously lessen the chance of waitlist movement once the 23rd comes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I kid you not:Did you seriously just copy and paste 3 times or do Baylor, UTSA, and A&M actually all have their events planned on the same day?!?!?
http://www.bcm.edu/osa/calendar-index.html
http://www.tamhsc.edu/calendar/academic/com/2011.php
http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/academicinfo/2007-08MedicalCalendar.rtf
Freaky. Sorry for doubting you. 😳
Sorry guys, the 23rd is indeed doomsday for waitlists.
😴😴😴
Freaky. Sorry for doubting you. 😳
Sorry guys, the 23rd is indeed doomsday for waitlists.
oh, snap.
Snap is right. Auugh.
Woot. Got my first interview for the new cycle! 🙂 Can we make an official TX reapplicants thread??? Cause I'm going to miss talking to all of yall when the waitlists are over!
Woot. Got my first interview for the new cycle! 🙂 Can we make an official TX reapplicants thread??? Cause I'm going to miss talking to all of yall when the waitlists are over!
congrats!
got the call at 4:00 on Wednesday from UTMB! i guess there's a little more movement left or i made her feel bad by calling a couple times the last week.
Congrats! I'm so jealous...
got the call at 4:00 on Wednesday from UTMB! i guess there's a little more movement left or i made her feel bad by calling a couple times the last week.
CONGRATS, HRUSKY!!! I'm so happy for you! That's so awesome to hear!!! 😀
Well... I, for one, have resorted to the conclusion that I'm not getting in. Bring on the interviews...🙁
: (
roger that 🙁
The worst is when friends bring up of ANOTHER person they've known that got in at the VERY last minute. One med student was telling me how someone in their class was called in the day before the white coat ceremony. Torturous stuff to hear, really. And my mom loves retelling the story of someone who's now a resident who was called on the first class day of med school to COME ON DOWN. Ugh.
But be excited about your interview, Diana! I've not heard from any yet. I'm sure we'll hear from more soon............or eventually. Same thing. SIGH.
The worst is when friends bring up of ANOTHER person they've known that got in at the VERY last minute. One med student was telling me how someone in their class was called in the day before the white coat ceremony. Torturous stuff to hear, really. And my mom loves retelling the story of someone who's now a resident who was called on the first class day of med school to COME ON DOWN. Ugh.
But be excited about your interview, Diana! I've not heard from any yet. I'm sure we'll hear from more soon............or eventually. Same thing. SIGH.
bumping for the new week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bumping for the new week
word and I guess a bunch of ppl have orientation right now apparently!
I will keep it alive.
For as long as my application breathes.
For as long as my application breathes.
I just heard about another person getting off the UTMB waitlist last Friday. My friend is a Princeton Review teacher and one of her students who was retaking the MCAT called UTMB to accept her interview for next year and was offered a spot. My friend told me this to keep my hope alive, but...I'm personally pretty tired of being disappointed.
I just heard about another person getting off the UTMB waitlist last Friday. My friend is a Princeton Review teacher and one of her students who was retaking the MCAT called UTMB to accept her interview for next year and was offered a spot. My friend told me this to keep my hope alive, but...I'm personally pretty tired of being disappointed.
They won't even bother to GIVE me another interview for this year...😡 So why should I think that they'll even accept me off the waitlist. Or better yet, why did they bother putting me on the waitlist at all? Ugh...
EDIT: Sorry guys, just a bitter rant...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 40
- Views
- 14K