You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Notes on a Scandal: Texas Waitlist!
Started by aggiesarah2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sigh..this thread is joyous yet painful at the same time. can't believe its july already.. good grief.
The silence really is deafening. Hopefully this is just a lull, but I worry that from here on out it'll just be a trickle of movement here and there.
Yep. Deafening. I think I share that same worry which is probably the reality.
In any case, I will miss this thread.
I wonder if they will allow us to have a texas allopathic thread in that forum.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep. Deafening. I think I share that same worry which is probably the reality.
In any case, I will miss this thread.
I wonder if they will allow us to have a texas allopathic thread in that forum.
heheheh we should at least try!
"I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me."
Best of luck to those of you not holding an acceptance either on the remainder of this "waitlist movement" or in subsequent cycles.
May the Republic live free forever.
Best of luck to those of you not holding an acceptance either on the remainder of this "waitlist movement" or in subsequent cycles.
May the Republic live free forever.
GAH it is true! 🙂 I hope they don't read this thread. I can hardly stand the regular thread anymore.
Ouch! 🙁
Ouch! 🙁
AWWW!!! It isn't you! I love my Aggies!😍
It is perhaps some other people from maybe some others schools maybe down the road 🙂
I really do love to help everyone going through this app cycle, but some things are common sense, I want people to quit complaining, and SUCK IT UP and submit the app already! This isn't rocket science, medical schools aren't out to get you (for the most part), just put your best face forward and submit your app. Like yesterday 🙂
Ok there it is, perhaps I should have put it in the other Texas thread 🙂
For anyone waiting on TCOM, the reply I received from admissions confirmed my expectations: the bulk of the waitlist mov't has already occurred, and it's left up to whether or not there are "no shows" on the 1st day of orientation.
I have a feeling that will be the consensus for the other schools as well...oh well, one of my 23 medical schools that I just applied to will take me this year!! lol 😉
its tooo quiet in heree!!!!!!!!!
what have yall been doing besides waiting for some good news?
what have yall been doing besides waiting for some good news?
its tooo quiet in heree!!!!!!!!!
what have yall been doing besides waiting for some good news?
Re-applying. I've pretty much given up this cycle...hello mounds of secondaries to fill out soon. 🙄
i've given up hope to...but maybe not enough to sign a 7 month lease yet. maybe i should call UTMB and ask what they think my chances are.
haha, me either! I've been puuuuttting off a deposit on an apt. just in case I need to move elsewhere 😀
Oh and back to kitten: Just take it easy! I know easier said than done, I mean I've been biting my nails for like 6 months now... And look at what I said? The worst did happen: nothing happened! You just tried to get a few answers, but are in the same position as before. I think other people have also posted good advice, and I think almost ALL of us are looking for answers that these schools just don't have.
So nothing this week either, huh? Well, I said I would hold out until July so it looks like I'll be signing that lease (not in Dallas) sometime soon 🙁
Oh, and I also just got a speeding ticket about an hour ago. Lovely. 👎
How long are you guys gonna wait before signing your leases?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, at the building I am looking at I guess the rooms tend to go fast now, so probably over July 4th weekend I'll put a deposit to hold a room for me.
anyone around/been to corpus christi? I might head down in a little bit I think
I can't find a roomate :/
I can't find a roomate :/
Live in the hospital.
Live in the hospital.
lulz. yeah i wish. still haven't put down my deposit either... naive shred of hope i guess.
🙄I can't find a roomate :/
Hmmm... doesn't sound good. I'd defer another year if I were you!
J/K only kidding of course!

i was talking to my friend who really has hopes up for utsw...and who is still on the waitlist..and well..those of us who got accepted on or right before jun. 15 at utsw off of the waitlist were told that we had till june 26ish (26th for me since i was accepted on the 12th..might be later for the 15th people) to decide and accept our offer..
so just letting you all know..that this is probably the week that they are finally going to know if they have any vacant spots left ..after which they will probably re-eval the apps and then hopefully accept more people..
i hope you guys who are still hanging ...get in
so just letting you all know..that this is probably the week that they are finally going to know if they have any vacant spots left ..after which they will probably re-eval the apps and then hopefully accept more people..
i hope you guys who are still hanging ...get in

i was talking to my friend who really has hopes up for utsw...and who is still on the waitlist..and well..those of us who got accepted on or right before jun. 15 at utsw off of the waitlist were told that we had till june 26ish (26th for me since i was accepted on the 12th..might be later for the 15th people) to decide and accept our offer..
so just letting you all know..that this is probably the week that they are finally going to know if they have any vacant spots left ..after which they will probably re-eval the apps and then hopefully accept more people..
i hope you guys who are still hanging ...get in![]()
bah and i had just finished supressing hope
thx now i gotta go back and do it again
sorry! this is me just guessing...! i really hope that it happens..but idk if its true..
sorry! this is me just guessing...! i really hope that it happens..but idk if its true..
I really hope that happens too, and it does explain the little movement we've seen lately. Thanks, Dr. Dancer!
bah and i had just finished supressing hope
thx now i gotta go back and do it again
Ha, me too! But I have to wonder, even if there are open spots, how many are still in the top 25% or so that they might offer them to... I dunno if they will make it to the top 1/3 BUT then again if people were booted off the list from the 15th then that might change things.
👍 to wild speculation! 🙄
either it's slow in here, or I check this thread WAY to often...
...i think it's the latter of the 2 😀
...i think it's the latter of the 2 😀
MAN...
I'm gone a week, and absolutely nothing has happened. No one got in off of a WL, no dramatic or exciting posts....
dag nabit! Poo on these admissions people...let more people in!
Probably people have, no more than you can count on your two hands. They're just not on SDN.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They should really just keep the top like 20 ppl on the list and cut the rest of us loose to move on.
Ha, me too! But I have to wonder, even if there are open spots, how many are still in the top 25% or so that they might offer them to... I dunno if they will make it to the top 1/3 BUT then again if people were booted off the list from the 15th then that might change things.
👍 to wild speculation! 🙄
I was in the top 1/3 and so was someone else that got off the waitlist. So I think that they made it at least to the top 1/3 pile.
I was in the top 1/3 and so was someone else that got off the waitlist. So I think that they made it at least to the top 1/3 pile.
Then again they might have been cherry-picking applicants, who knows?
I was in the top 1/3 and so was someone else that got off the waitlist. So I think that they made it at least to the top 1/3 pile.
True true... hmm they must have skipped over my name then cause I'm in that pile too 😳
Probably people have, no more than you can count on your two hands. They're just not on SDN.
If they aren't on SDN, they don't exist, and so they don't count.
wow I thought at least one person would have gotten in during the weeks following june 15th.
guess this part of it is all for show
guess this part of it is all for show
wow this thread has died down.. guess nobody has gotten anything recently
wow this thread has died down.. guess nobody has gotten anything recently
Yep, it's flopping around like a dead fish. if you want some excitement, go over to the Texas Interviews 2007 thread.
a few people were called off the UTMB waitlist this week...
a few people were called off the UTMB waitlist this week...
clearly it's not going to be me. 🙁 🙁 🙁
I just called UTMB to ask if I should assume there is a very small chance of getting off the waitlist because of the interview invite in August. I got close to the best answer possible, she said that there is a high probability that I will be getting off the waitlist and to hold off a week on the apartment...because I told her that I was thinking about signing a lease soon. I hope she knows something that she can't tell me over the phone. now I'm freaking out
I just called UTMB to ask if I should assume there is a very small chance of getting off the waitlist because of the interview invite in August. I got close to the best answer possible, she said that there is a high probability that I will be getting off the waitlist and to hold off a week on the apartment...because I told her that I was thinking about signing a lease soon. I hope she knows something that she can't tell me over the phone. now I'm freaking out
Oooh!! That's really exciting! Best of luck with that....I hope you're not disappointed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to you, hrusky. I just sent UTMB an email asking about my chances...which I'm pretty sure are slim to none. My hope's drained...🙁
to put it philosophically:
don't be scurred!
Good luck to you, hrusky. I just sent UTMB an email asking about my chances...which I'm pretty sure are slim to none. My hope's drained...🙁
yeah, I thought mine were slim to none as well. I just hope that some more spots open up soon. How did your interviews go at UTMB? If I end up getting in, it will probably be due to my interviews going really well.
yeah, I thought mine were slim to none as well. I just hope that some more spots open up soon. How did your interviews go at UTMB? If I end up getting in, it will probably be due to my interviews going really well.
I thought they went really well too...they seemed to genuinely try to get to know who I am as a person and had some great conversation. It just makes me really nervous to not have an invite from them yet, like something's terribly wrong with my application...

you seem to have a good application...just hang in there like I am. It might just take one more time to show them how dedicated you are. It has almost made things worse for me now since I received that news...what if I'm like 2 spots away and no one else drops. I got a call this morning from a lady that introduced herself as being in the admissions office...turned out to be an interview from TCOM. That's great and all but really horrible timing, I hope I didn't sound as indiffferent as I felt.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 40
- Views
- 14K