Nova interviewees - were u rejected yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I used to have this concious, then I realized I paid an application fee. So, that kind of goes away.

Good point!

Thanks for the advice, Andy

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I talked to someone at Nova and I guess my file still hasn't been returned to them. So I guess this means they are still reviewing my application. As strange as this may sound I am little happy to know this. Even though I haven't been accepted, at least I know there is still a chance for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
is everyone going to be receiving something in the mail soon or only those who were accepted via phone call????

is everyone going to be receiving something in the mail soon or only those who were accepted via phone call????

I would like to know this as well. I guess we will receive something in the mail, but i am not sure whether only accepted people get the phone calls.

They say that they are still in the process of sending out acceptances.

I would like to know this as well. I guess we will receive something in the mail, but i am not sure whether only accepted people get the phone calls.

They say that they are still in the process of sending out acceptances.

I think they were sending out the packets to people whom they made offers to. I'm not sure about the waitlisted or rejected.

make sure to be home because the mail is certified. you would need to pick it up at the postoffice if they can't get ur signature.

make sure to be home because the mail is certified. you would need to pick it up at the postoffice if they can't get ur signature.

Does certified mail, by any chance, arrive quicker than regular deliveries... I really need the official letter so I don't have to send another deposit then one to Nova :scared:.

i think they sent mine out at nov 26? and i got it before dec 1 i dont' think its faster... ask the other school to give you extra time because i know some schools allow for you to think about it for 1-2 more days

I got mine today, in Rhode Island, so people should be getting them soon

Got mine today, certified mail, in Illinois.

Blago hand delivered it.

Regards,
GoBlueJays

Same here. See you all in the fall! :banana:

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview on January 14th I didn't get a call ... I'm so nervous do you guys think they keep call calling because during my interview they told me that we would hear from them today ( Jan 22).
does any body who interviewed this late got acceptance?
I'm so worried

Wish I got the call

Hi I'm new to SDN. I'm Anurupa and tried sending you a private message and I dont think you got it. What is your name? Maybe I would remember you. Anyhow, I wanted to let you I also interviewed on the 14th Jan. I wanted to know if you heard anything as yet?

Does anyone know how many spots are still available for this cycle?

Call and see what's up. :)

yes yes do call and report back post haste =)

i interviewed early dec, and my aadasas still says waitlisted..

::sigh:: i guess they figured out my heart was set for cali weather..

yes yes do call and report back post haste =)

i interviewed early dec, and my aadasas still says waitlisted..

::sigh:: i guess they figured out my heart was set for cali weather..

lol i contacted nova yesterday, and the lady in the office told me that she couldn't tell me about these info. I was wondered if others could answer my question.

lol i contacted nova yesterday, and the lady in the office told me that she couldn't tell me about these info. I was wondered if others could answer my question.
A status update? I know the deposit is due 2/15. So, there might be movement shortly thereafter.

A status update? I know the deposit is due 2/15. So, there might be movement shortly thereafter.

Do you think all the acceptances for the first batch have sent out? I thought they would send out acceptances whenever they met.

hey congrats on ur acceptance bro! I'm stolked for you, enjoy the glory. As for me....nada. sure would be nice though.

hey congrats on ur acceptance bro! I'm stolked for you, enjoy the glory. As for me....nada. sure would be nice though.
Master Pain, your time is coming. I have a feeling! Hang in there buddy. :)

Well, I talked to someone at Nova and I guess my file still hasn't been returned to them. So I guess this means they are still reviewing my application. As strange as this may sound I am little happy to know this. Even though I haven't been accepted, at least I know there is still a chance for me.

So in desperation to avoid studying, I have once again found myself on SDN. Anyway I was reading some of your posts Hordel. I totally sympathize with you, and was in your exact same situation last year. I have to say that there is always hope even up till the last day before school starts. A few of my classmates were accepted really late. One of my buddies was initially rejected, but he kept talking to Dr. Lippman and got them to take another look at his app. And needless to say he is here today. Basically they see thousands off applications and i would say 90% of them would make awesome dentists. So instead of just looking at pure stats they look at having a diverse group where everyone can bring something different to the profession. Another one of my friends got a phone call 2 weeks before classes started. So it really isn't over until classes start.

Don't give up it is still 6 months before classes start. Hang in there, there will be people that drop from Nova because it is pricey. Anyway I wish you all the best of luck, and maybe I will see you guys here next year

Don't give up it is still 6 months before classes start. Hang in there, there will be people that drop from Nova because it is pricey. Anyway I wish you all the best of luck, and maybe I will see you guys here next year

well stop talking up Nova in other threads & those who are not yet accepted will have a better chance. ;-)

hope you did well on your immuno exam. :-o

Did anyone interview at Nova after December 18th to present and gotten responses other than acceptances?

Did anyone interview at Nova after December 18th to present and gotten responses other than acceptances?
I think its still too soon. Committee meeting was on Feb 4th so we should be hearing something in 1-2 weeks. GL!!!

Nova's committee met on the 4th? Where did you get this information?
I interviewed there on Jan 28th and that is what they told us. They told us to check AADSAS status everyday after Feb 4th since the committee will be meeting on that day. Yesterday my status went from blank to Invited for Interview for NOVA. Which doesn't make sense, but it means they were updating my file.

I interviewed there on Jan 28th and that is what they told us. They told us to check AADSAS status everyday after Feb 4th since the committee will be meeting on that day. Yesterday my status went from blank to Invited for Interview for NOVA. Which doesn't make sense, but it means they were updating my file.

"they" is who?

Thank you so much for the information. Mine went from blank to "Invited for Interview" also, yesterday. I wonder what dates of interviews they reviewed yesterday...

I was accepted but my status still states "wait listed". . .

mine stayed as "waitlisted" until the day that i got the call. then, it was changed to "offer made" a few hours after the call.

reread your post. "they" is referring to who told you that the committee would be meeting on the 4th? Did Dr. Lippman himself tell you that?
no Dr. Lippman did not interview me. 2 ladies interviewed me who are NOT on the admissions committee. They were not doctors either. I was been given this information by them, its upto you if you want to believe or not. Just call NOVA and ask them. I don't see how my post could be confusing...but whatever

no Dr. Lippman did not interview me. 2 ladies interviewed me who are NOT on the admissions committee. They were not doctors either. I was been given this information by them, its upto you if you want to believe or not. Just call NOVA and ask them. I don't see how my post could be confusing...but whatever

Thanks for the info. Your post wasn't confusing, you just misunderstood my question and most information posted on this website comes from a source with zero credibility. So I asked. Call Nova? haha. It would take an act of congress to get my phone call answered.

Thanks for the info. Your post wasn't confusing, you just misunderstood my question and most information posted on this website comes from a source with zero credibility. So I asked. Call Nova? haha. It would take an act of congress to get my phone call answered.
lol thts true! I was just saying if u dont believe me then that's the second option. Anyways u r right it is hard to believe people on this thread. But believe me I got this info from the people who interviewed me ( I don't have their names - 1 of them was hygienest). Who interviewed you? Dr. Lippman and the other guy with scrubs? I am amazed that you weren't given this information. They told me this at the end of my interview even before I get a chance to ask them. You will def hear something no later than 2 weeks. GL!

lol thts true! I was just saying if u dont believe me then that's the second option. Anyways u r right it is hard to believe people on this thread. But believe me I got this info from the people who interviewed me ( I don't have their names - 1 of them was hygienest). Who interviewed you? Dr. Lippman and the other guy with scrubs? I am amazed that you weren't given this information. They told me this at the end of my interview even before I get a chance to ask them. You will def hear something no later than 2 weeks. GL!

We all hope that's the case. I went to interview at nova on dec, and interviewers told me that i would hear my decision by jan 20. Obviously, it wasn't. I would say their sayings were the most credible sourses, but I recommend not to take these words straight. That was what I thought.

BUT WE HOPE WE ALL HEAR OUR GOOD NEWS BY NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS!!!

I interviewed on January 15 and got a pretty prompt rejection :) It bothered me because i thought I did well on the interview but I got some good news last night- an acceptance somewhere else.

And Toothlady- I don't think either one of the women who interviewed me were faculty or on the committee either.

Dr. Lippman and Dr. Quinton interviewed me. Both of them were great guys. I did not ask when the committee would be meeting, in hindsight, I probably should have. I sure hope I hear something soon! Again, thank you for the information.

Dr. Lippman and Dr. Quinton interviewed me. Both of them were great guys. I did not ask when the committee would be meeting, in hindsight, I probably should have. I sure hope I hear something soon! Again, thank you for the information.
Keep in contact, it will hopefully bring you good luck. One D1 student said she called bi-weekly. I'm not sure if that's annoying; however, it shows some serious dedication to say the least.

I called Nova Today and the lady told me the committee will meet on Monday February 9th, and she asked me if I interviewed in January? which is true? I interview January 14th. So I guess there is still a chance For all of us who intervewed during January or late December. I was just wondering if anybody at Nova get rejected after interview it seems they either accpet or waitlist people till the final day for deposit so they know everybody who said yes will really come. I still have hope and good luck to everybody. hopefully we get the call during next week.

Hope, if you haven't heard anything from them it's a good thing. I got my rejection pretty quickly so it probably means that you're waitlisted at the very least.

Hope, if you haven't heard anything from them it's a good thing. I got my rejection pretty quickly so it probably means that you're waitlisted at the very least.
when did you interview and when did you hear back from them?

when did you interview and when did you hear back from them?

I interviewed on Jan 15 (thought the interview went well too) and saw my status change from "Invited for interview" to "application denied" about 8 days later. Didn't get the letter until last week though.

and for what it's worth, when i was there, they said the committee meets every other wednesday.

I interviewed on Jan 15 (thought the interview went well too) and saw my status change from "Invited for interview" to "application denied" about 8 days later. Didn't get the letter until last week though.
That sucks!! I interviewed on Jan 28th and I was been told the committee will meet on Feb 4th. Then my status went from blank to Invited for Interview on Feb 4th. My interview went well as well. I guess it will go to denied as well? Who interviewed you?

I interviewed at Nova Jan 21st. Dr. Lippman told us that they had met that day and that they would be meeting again in two weeks, so Feb 4th. Hopefully some people, myself included, will hear something from them soon. Although I see someone called and was told that the committee meets on the 9th, so maybe we'll just have to wait a while longer.

That sucks!! I interviewed on Jan 28th and I was been told the committee will meet on Feb 4th. Then my status went from blank to Invited for Interview on Feb 4th. My interview went well as well. I guess it will go to denied as well? Who interviewed you?

Yes, I believe you are right about them meeting on Feb 4th because I knew that they met on Wednesday, January 21st. And that is two weeks apart and since someone said that they heard Nova Adcomm. meets every other wednesday, it makes sense. In any case if thats wrong someone also said that they would be meeting on Feb. 9th also. Hopefully, we should hear in the next two weeks.

I interviewed at Nova Jan 21st. Dr. Lippman told us that they had met that day and that they would be meeting again in two weeks, so Feb 4th. Hopefully some people, myself included, will hear something from them soon. Although I see someone called and was told that the committee meets on the 9th, so maybe we'll just have to wait a while longer.

I hope they didn't forget Dec interviewees as well! GL everyone