Nova interviewees - were u rejected yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like once again I am the odd one out. This is truely a sad day for me. I know that there is always a few years from now, but I really wanted to start my dental education this year. :(:(:(:(

Congrats to those of you who were successful.

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like once again I am the odd one out. This is truely a sad day for me. I know that there is always a few years from now, but I really wanted to start my dental education this year. :(:(:(:(

i completely sympathize. i haven't heard anything either, and i'm fairly certain i'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight. i guess there's always next year?

Do your guys think that the Nova admission will continue giving phone calls tomorrow? I hope they will do so b/c I am also waiting for the phone calls...

good luck every one who is still waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
i completely sympathize. i haven't heard anything either, and i'm fairly certain i'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight. i guess there's always next year?

Don't give up hope guys.

I'll try and call tomorrow... One of us should be able to get someone.

Do your guys think that the Nova admission will continue giving phone calls tomorrow? I hope they will do so b/c I am also waiting for the phone calls...

good luck every one who is still waiting

May be they quit around 5 EST??? Hopefully! Nova was awesome!

Don't give up hope guys.

I'll try and call tomorrow... One of us should be able to get someone.

Hi DrReo,
If you're able to reach them, can you please post any news..I'm also waiting anxiously...

No call here either. Status still waitlisted. Congrats to those who gained entry - you deserve it!
D

hey man, i can hear you. I didn't get the call either. I guessed I had too much expectation from nova.

I should have emptied my mind... sigh...

I don't know!! I just really wanted this one more than anything I have ever wanted. I literally gave up a piece of my life to pursue this career, and now to hear someone say I am not good enough, it just really hurts. I guess I still hold out a little hope for tomorrow, but I haven't even been waitlisted, so I think my chances are very slim. Not joking, I almost cried tonight and think I will probably spend tomorrow night crying myself silly. Seem as though my last chance has fallen through. This is a very sad day in deed!!!!:(:(

Last edited:
I don't know!! I just really wanted this one more than anything I have ever wanted. I literally gave up a piece of my life to pursue this career, and now to hear someone say I am not good enough, it just really hurts. I guess I still hold out a little hope for tomorrow, but I haven't even been waitlisted, so I think my chances are very slim. Not joking, I almost cried tonight and think I will probably spend tomorrow night crying myself silly. Seem as though my last chance has fallen through. This is a very sad day in deed!!!!:(:(

why are u so sad if u haven't even been rejected yet??? there is still hope u know.. lots of people get accepted last minute so don't worrry. just becuz u aren't waitlisted doesn't mean it's a bad sign either..these people said theirs never changed from interview invite..

and i'm assuming u interviewed there rite?

Got the call today, but will decline my spot for, hopefully, one of you!

The lady in admissions told me they had a lot of spots to fill already and that was back in December, I'm sure they will still be making phone calls today since he called late in the work day yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get the call either...maybe we will hear something today but I doubt it.

why are u so sad if u haven't even been rejected yet??? there is still hope u know.. lots of people get accepted last minute so don't worrry. just becuz u aren't waitlisted doesn't mean it's a bad sign either..these people said theirs never changed from interview invite..

and i'm assuming u interviewed there rite?

Yeah, I guess I will just wait a little longer. And yes, I did interview there.

Thanks for your words of encouragement!!

Hey guys, I contacted the lady in admission this morning, and she told me that I should be more patient because they just sent out the first batch of acceptances after Dec. 1. If we didn't get the acceptances by next week, she told me that I would be probably included in the next batch after this one. (She continuously insisted that she couldn't let your status on the phone.)

Hey guys, I contacted the lady in admission this morning, and she told me that I should be more patient because they just sent out the first batch of acceptances after Dec. 1. If we didn't get the acceptances by next week, she told me that I would be probably included in the next batch after this one. (She continuously insisted that she couldn't let your status on the phone.)

so, if you didn't get accepted, they will reevaluate your application in the next batch? what if they evaluated it this time and you were waitlisted? do they just let you know by mail or do they reevaluate it with the next and then make a final decision?

so, if you didn't get accepted, they will reevaluate your application in the next batch? what if they evaluated it this time and you were waitlisted? do they just let you know by mail or do they reevaluate it with the next and then make a final decision?

In addition, she also mentioned about the AADSAS status. If you are waitlisted or accepted, your status will be updated in AADSAS. I am not sure about these answers cuz she kept saying that we would be informed by snail mails.

In addition, she also mentioned about the AADSAS status. If you are waitlisted or accepted, your status will be updated in AADSAS. I am not sure about these answers cuz she kept saying that we would be informed by snail mails.

ok, so if my status doesn't change, then i'm going to choose to believe that they are reevaluating my application. then, they'll see what a terrible mistake they made and overnight me an acceptance letter. sounds like a good plan :oops:

Brown10, GoBlueJays, BoJangles, MissDental can you give us roughly when you interviewed? Thanks.

November 20th

I got a call today, and got accepted

around 1130am..nova is a great school. dr lippmann is very nice and really upfront about what to expect. whats cool is that he doesn't try to sell the school to you..he tells you what nova can offer you and lets you decide where you want to go

around 1130am..nova is a great school. dr lippmann is very nice and really upfront about what to expect. whats cool is that he doesn't try to sell the school to you..he tells you what nova can offer you and lets you decide where you want to go

He's a really nice guy.

What were some of the things Nova would offer for you that he stated?

I had my interview on January 14th I didn't get a call ... I'm so nervous do you guys think they keep call calling because during my interview they told me that we would hear from them today ( Jan 22).
does any body who interviewed this late got acceptance?
I'm so worried

Wish I got the call

For those of you who have an interest

AADSAS status update to "offer made" today.

Charitably Yours,
GoBlueJays

I am quite angry right now because there has been no update for nova in AADSAS since June. I would like to know what is going on right now. They are very bad at handling phone calls. They almost never answer the phone calls during the day. I know it is a good school, but it is not right. I believe that they should be more considerable to interviewees.

I am quite angry right now because there has been no update for nova in AADSAS since June. I would like to know what is going on right now. They are very bad at handling phone calls. They almost never answer the phone calls during the day. I know it is a good school, but it is not right. I believe that they should be more considerable to interviewees.

Call at 9 a.m., whenever I've done so I've gotten through.

Starting to look more and more bleak as time passes!! I guess we can just hope that one day those of us who have yet to hear anything will receive one of these ever elusive phone calls.

Starting to look more and more bleak as time passes!! I guess we can just hope that one day those of us who have yet to hear anything will receive one of these ever elusive phone calls.

I am pulling for you Hordizz.

Kindly,
GoBlueJays

I am pulling for you Hordizz.

Kindly,
GoBlueJays

By the way, that is an emotional pull. I have no meaningful pull that may influence your app.

From a guy who is on his third time applying and has choked down the bitter taste of rejection more than I care to admit, I wish you success.

Regards,
GoBlueJays

By the way, that is an emotional pull. I have no meaningful pull that may influence your app.

From a guy who is on his third time applying and has choked down the bitter taste of rejection more than I care to admit, I wish you success.

Regards,
GoBlueJays

Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you! It is very kind of you to care at all and for that I am grateful. Even if I don't get in this year I will hopefully hear something good from Nova next time I apply. I really did love that school and all of the people associated with it. Congrats to you and enjoy your success because you defiantly deserve it!!:thumbup::thumbup:

has anyone heard anything negative back from nova? for example, has anyone recently been rejected or waitlisted? I haven't heard anything since my interview, which was almost two months ago. i guess that's better than getting rejected!

has anyone heard anything negative back from nova? for example, has anyone recently been rejected or waitlisted? I haven't heard anything since my interview, which was almost two months ago. i guess that's better than getting rejected!

I still haven't heard a single word and agree that no news is better than bad news.

has anyone gotten the packet in the mail yet? I want to know when orientation starts

has anyone gotten the packet in the mail yet? I want to know when orientation starts

packets go out friday.

I think orientation is Aug 4th and classes start the subsequent week, aug 10th

DrReo,
we can always rely on you bro for the inside scoop..thanks! I do hope we can celebrate after this mail-out.
Grace and Peace,
D

did they call all the people that were going to be accepted and are receiving packets???/

packets go out friday.

Thanks for the info. Were you able to get in touch with someone in the admission's office? I have been calling all week

Thanks for the info. Were you able to get in touch with someone in the admission's office? I have been calling all week

Yes, I got through.

DrReo,
we can always rely on you bro for the inside scoop..thanks! I do hope we can celebrate after this mail-out.
Grace and Peace,
D

Any time, MP. We'll see what happens. Did you get a call?

Just had a question. Does anyone think that maybe each indivdiual should call?? I am to the point where I can't imagine that they don't know our fate with a certain level of certainty. On one hand I don't want to bother anyone, but I still would like to know if I am still in the running or what the current situation is. What do you guys think??

P.S. I interviewed on Dec 12th and was told that I would hear back by around Jan 20th.

Thanks for the advice.

Just had a question. Does anyone think that maybe each indivdiual should call?? I am to the point where I can't imagine that they don't know our fate with a certain level of certainty. On one hand I don't want to bother anyone, but I still would like to know if I am still in the running or what the current situation is. What do you guys think??

P.S. I interviewed on Dec 12th and was told that I would hear back by around Jan 20th.

Thanks for the advice.

Hey, Hordel. We interviewd on the same day, and I do not know my fate, either. But I can tell you one thing. I called the lady in the office last week, and she told me to wait because nova would send interviewees letters (could be either acceptances or alternates) to let you know your status. Basically, I will wait and see if I get the mail in next couple of days. If not, then I will call the office to find out what is going on.

Sincerely,

Thanks for the advice.
I used to have this concious, then I realized I paid an application fee. So, that kind of goes away.

packets go out friday.

Were they mailed out LAST friday, or do you mean this up-coming friday?
Thanks.