Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a P1 student at Nova, and they have assured us that the accreditation problem will be resolved. They just need to hire more teachers. We just got 2 new teachers within the past 2 weeks so I know that they are addressing this problem. I was originally accepted to Lecom and Nova, and I am very happy that I chose Nova. It is a great school, and I love the learning environment here. The campus is beautiful, and its convenient to be able to ride my bike to school year round.

thanks for the heads up! I was still planning on attending but the probation was making me a little nervous on the inside, so excited to start!!! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

How much is the initial pre registration fee or deposit...is it 1000, 500 or 250?

Does anyone know when the next acceptance decisions will be sent out? I emailed Jessie and I have not gotten a reply....

Members don't see this ad :)
How much is the initial pre registration fee or deposit...is it 1000, 500 or 250?

I sent a total of $500- I forget what it was for it was 250$ for 2 different things due by march 16th and then another 500$ is due by april 15th.

There are 3 deposite. $250, $250 and $500. The date will be different slightly because we are accepted at a different time.

Does anyone know when the next acceptance decisions will be sent out? I emailed Jessie and I have not gotten a reply....

Hey, it usually takes them at least a month for them to send you anything. I interviewed in Jan. and got accepted early Mar. You just have to be patient and always make sure to check the mail! Goodluck!

I just declined my seat for nova, and accepted Lake Erie so hopefully one of the waitlisters get in...goodluck to all and congratulations

When are the last interviews at Nova? Im still waiting....:(

omg im still waiting as well..... but i have a question if they are not interested, will they send a notification via by email or mail to let us know?

Usually they don't even send you anything if their not interested

Since I go to Nova I went to the admissions office directly. She said that there are a stack of 100 applications that are going to be interviewed that they haven't sent out letters for yet. I got mine set up for next week. So don't lose hope.

exactly, im still waiting too, have not heard about any interviews recently

April is the last month but if you haven't received an interview by now and your stats aren't highly strong then probability is low that an interview will come. Based on experience i would say if you have a PCAT more than 85 and GPA 3.5 or more and are still waiting then call them bc somethings up unless u submitted late.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, it usually takes them at least a month for them to send you anything. I interviewed in Jan. and got accepted early Mar. You just have to be patient and always make sure to check the mail! Goodluck!
Thanks alot :)... I really hope I get in! :xf:

I have an interview on Monday, March 16th. I have no idea when the last set of interviews are going to be. :eek:

I sent my deposit in a couple weeks ago, it was due yesterday- They haven't cashed my check yet and I'm getting worried that they may not have received it. I emailed Jessie- but no reply.
does it usually take them a while to cash the checks or let us know that they received it in time?
thanks!

I sent my deposit in a couple weeks ago, it was due yesterday- They haven't cashed my check yet and I'm getting worried that they may not have received it. I emailed Jessie- but no reply.
does it usually take them a while to cash the checks or let us know that they received it in time?
thanks!

Hey, yea i don't think they are going to cash the check right away. I express mailed my deposit on sat. and it was delivered by monday morning. When i sent my deposit for LECOM, they didnt cash it for another 2 weeks, so im guessing it would be the same for nova. im constantly checking my bank account though to see if they have cashed it or not lol

Krista... the surrounding area for the Davie campus is awesome (in my opinion after living in Miami for four years) HOWEVER... Palm Trace I know from personal experience has a bad rep because there are A LOT of students from a large mix of colleges (BCC, FAU, etc) plus other random young people, and there are always loud rowdy parties and craziness going on there.
My friends lived there while going to BCC and it was ridiculous. So the incidents you are hearing about are probably from drunk underage college students getting into trouble there. I was almost hit by a car one time because I was standing in the parking lot when a huge riot broke out.
If I were you I would try to get into a condominium that a private owner is renting out. (try some on pine island road, some of my friends live over there and it seems to be quieter out west of the campus)

CPHAM12:
I interviewed at NSU in early February and it is my first choice as well... I've already been accepted to another school that I also LOVED but it happened to be even more expensive than NSU and farther away from home, so I couldn't make the deposit.
As for your concerns... I definitely don't think the feedback is from people who necessarily did "poorly", but I also don't agree that the interviewers were purposely condescending. Some people have different styles and personalities and it can be a little unsettling to some students if the interviewers aren't exactly singing you praises, but they are there for a purpose, to get down to business and figure out whether they should recommend you to the ad com for acceptance. Nova is the largest private institution in Florida (even larger than University of Miami where I go now) and they are quite popular as a pharmacy school destination... so they get a lot of applicants and have to interview a lot of people.
But I guess MY MAIN POINT IS THIS: The comments you are hearing are probably from students who interviewed at other schools who had a different style of interview, whereas NOVA wants to know straight up if you will be able to SUCCEED among the hundreds of people they interview, and also they are testing your skills of patience and conversation. If you can keep your composure and answer truthfully and genuinely, then you should be golden = ] Hope that helps!!!!!

original post:

so from reading the interview feedback it seems as if NSU is rather invasive with their questions. i know that it is an open file interview but some of the questions seem very irrelevant to what you will bring to their school or their concern about your character and values as a person. why do they need to know why you applied to a certain school other than theirs? why do they ask questions that are so forward and sound condescending such as "as you said in the previous question, nova is very good, why should we pick you?" i understand if they ask why should we pick you but it sounds a little arrogant they way they presented it. couldn't they have posed a question like what are your strengths and what would you bring to our school that would make you a candidate for acceptance? that way they would at least learn something from you rather than leave you sitting there with a bad taste in your mouth. i have also seen that many of the interviewees have expressed their feelings on how they feel that the staff treated them like they were a waste of their time or weren't good enough for them. these reviews have upset me quite a bit. i had high hopes about my interview on march 10th and now i'm starting to second guess my decision to spend so much money on it. i hope that the feedback posted were just from individuals who did poorly during their interviews and were just expressing their frustrations.

however, all hope is not lost... help me out here.. can anyone tell me about their experiences either as an interviewee or as a student? (likes and dislikes) please be as unbiased as possible. if you love the school and will likely be attending upon acceptance, are there any instances in which what i have said might be true or are you experiences completely opposite? did anyone feel a sense of unprofessionalism from the staff as people have posted in the feedback section? are the facilities as dilapidated as some say? i don't want to walk into my interview with a sense of prejudice. i'm concerned. any input is greatly valued.

Anybody will be commuting from miami? I'm still deciding whether I should rent in the davie area or just stay at home...

Anybody will be commuting from miami? I'm still deciding whether I should rent in the davie area or just stay at home...

If you live in Miami stay home the first semester at least and see what you like best. Almost a third of our class I'd say is from miami and commutes everyday. Most of them car-pool.

If you live in Miami stay home the first semester at least and see what you like best. Almost a third of our class I'd say is from miami and commutes everyday. Most of them car-pool.

I'm from south miami and I'm currently an undergrad at nova and I drive up to ft. lauderdale EVERY DAY!!!! and honestly I HATE IT !!! I literally spend more than 15 hrs on the road each week (time which i could easily spend studying in the library) I sometimes end up driving home really late at night because I rather study at school. I mean with gas prices going down now it would be cheaper than living in davie but it is still very annoying having to drive back and forth. Are there any current pharm. students from nova who commute from miami and DON'T find it time consuming? I guess that would be my biggest concern since I'm going to need all the time i can get while im in pharmacy school.

thanks!

Hey I sent in my deposit and everything last week as well. I e-mailed jessi for confirmation but she never replied, so I e-mailed Tracy Templin instead. She replied to me within hours.

Just a thought... but once you guys move down to south Florida, I'd really suggest driving to school a couple of times to get used to knowing where you go. I admit it has been a long time since I've had to drive to that part of Ft. Lauderdale, but traffic during much of the morning and afternoons are a pain in the ass. There are detours and things like that but it is pretty easy to get lost.

Just a thought... but once you guys move down to south Florida, I'd really suggest driving to school a couple of times to get used to knowing where you go. I admit it has been a long time since I've had to drive to that part of Ft. Lauderdale, but traffic during much of the morning and afternoons are a pain in the ass. There are detours and things like that but it is pretty easy to get lost.

i'm definitely worried about driving around down there and getting lost. I'm gonna have to get a gps i think, especially for P4

i'm definitely worried about driving around down there and getting lost. I'm gonna have to get a gps i think, especially for P4
Well, you get used to it if it's a regular commute, but the biggest thing is the time frame for the commute since Broward traffic is just horrendous. I-75 and I-595 have gotten extremely busy over the past few years and with the decreased speed limit, it's even more hectic. Being in such a high traffic area, getting to the main campus may take a while. All in all, just being familiar with where to go works.

Oh, and beware of construction; GPS won't point that out.

why isn't there a facebook group for class of 2013?

Has anyone received any immunization paperwork? A girl that I work with that's a P2 said we should've received that paperwork already. I haven't received anything since I was accepted back in November.

Thanks

So I had an interview march 6 andI emailed tracy templin asking her if the boards of admissions have met and when I should get a response. and the answer i got was "you should be receiving something shortly". When is shortly?!?!? geez...

Has anyone received any immunization paperwork? A girl that I work with that's a P2 said we should've received that paperwork already. I haven't received anything since I was accepted back in November.

Thanks

I haven't received anything since my acceptance letter either

hmmm, maybe its just me but i think they a lil disorganised at nova, like seriously, they take ages to reply emails,,, and they dont tell you if you are called for interview or rejected geez!!!

I interviewed Feb 9, anyone from then receive anything yet?? I have not... they said 5-6 weeks right?

I interviewed Feb 9, anyone from then receive anything yet?? I have not... they said 5-6 weeks right?

I also interviewed on Feb 9th, but it was at the West Palm Campus. I just received the acceptance letter yesterday!

I got a call for an interview for April 22nd at the west palm campus woohoo :)
Question for you guys, if you get an interview at an off site campus and not the main...but the main was your 1st choice would they offer you a seat at the main or you get interviewed at the off-site and get accepted at the off-site???? anyone know??? I mean, I dont care where i go...but i do prefer the main campus thou. :D

I got a call for an interview for April 22nd at the west palm campus woohoo :)
Question for you guys, if you get an interview at an off site campus and not the main...but the main was your 1st choice would they offer you a seat at the main or you get interviewed at the off-site and get accepted at the off-site???? anyone know??? I mean, I dont care where i go...but i do prefer the main campus thou. :D

The pharmacist I work for is a NOVA grad and when she was applying in her undergrad, she was rejected from the main campus b/c it was full. Fortunately NOVA gave her the choice to go to the off-site campus.

Thanks

i just checked the NSU COP website, in the student servic:
http://pharmacy.nova.edu/NewWebsite/StudentAffairs/Orientation2009Checklist.html
it did say about the immunization. check it out. hope it will help
any body know when the school will start? need the date for my vocation planning. :laugh:, see ya.

Interview invite for the University of Florida, Gainesville campus April 3rd!

Interview invite for NOVA April 13th!

Hard work and patience pay off in the end! Don't give up hope!

Last edited:
OMG! I have not recieved anything yet either...its been almost 2 months..I am thinking bout calling. I hear some people are recieving letters this week so I am trying to be patient but..:scared:
I called about 2 1/2-3 weeks ago and Ms. Nappi said that the committee met already but has not come to any decisions yet..(isnt that the point of meeting)..but not sure if she was just referencing my app.
Right about now I just want to know yes or no..just an answer. Nova was the only school I applied to so my nerves are shot right now because I may have to wait a whole 'nother 16 mths. to start if they reject me.
ahhhh..I hope are letters come this week...

hey NCJ, you said you heard some ppl got letter? is this true? I'm waiting to hear also...

NCJ - I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! I only applied to 2 schools and I got accepted to the other, but I gave up my seat because it was even more expensive and farther away than Nova = / If I don't get in to NSU then I will have to wait another 16 months as well. If you don't mind me asking... what school are you at now??? I'm graduating from UM in Miami in May.

Also - for the people asking about commuting from Miami...

I live in South Miami also and I drive to Davie every Monday and Wednesday night for cheerleading practice and it is HORRIBLE! It only takes me 30-45 minutes, but that is at 9 o clock at night. I couldn't imagine having to do it everyday during peak traffic. I love where I live at now, but I am definately moving to Ft Lauderdale over the summer whether I get accepted or not because I want to get a pharmacy job there and prepare for next year and maybe go into the MBA program at Nova if pharmacy doesn't want me YET lol

Umiami09,
i dont understand why you would decline a school you got into with the fact that you havent gotten in anywhere yet, you must be really confident or really......
I think the school might be in a hold of accepting students bcuz if they dont get the right amt of teachers then they will have to cut the class size....what school did you get into that was more expensive?

And to all the incoming P1's arent you concerned that the fact that they are on probation for not enough teachers that they will be trying to hire ANYBODY just to fill those spots. Arent you concerned that there not hiring good quality and qualified teachers??

Qwead, there are SOOO many factors that come in when someone makes a decision to go to one pharmacy program over another. Maybe for you a deposit is not much, but for someone else, it could be a months rent. I cant speak for everyone else, but from my personal experience, my family is an important part for me and I need to be in the area so that I can take care of my brother and mom.

As for the quality of education and status of probation. Nova is a private university. That in itself lets you know that they have plenty of money. Trust me, if they can spend millions on a shark infront of their recreational center, they are loaded. Especially with all the money they have from the high tuition cost also. Therefore, they have the resource to Hire new employees. Second of all, you can not hire unqualified professors! This is not a public elementary or middle or even high school! There are qualifications that professors have to meet in order to become a graduate professor. Last of all, Nova has been around for far too long to drop below probation status.

Afterall, college is a business and if they want to make money, they will do all to keep their ends high so that they will have money rolling in!