NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully they can let us know how many they expect? It’s kind of a risk

Haha I feel you, but I just need to get in right now. That’s my main concern, especially with me trying to plan to retake the MCAT & apply for 2021. I’d really just like a response, & even though this is repetitive I’m still sooooo upset at the way the committee has “revamped” what rolling admissions means. Smh

Members don't see this ad.

You get an interview for the med school if you meet certain requirements no? Just wondering how many people who get interviews actually get in?
There is no guarantee and just because you get an interview doesn’t mean you get accepted. Go look up LU biomedical masters program and see how only 2 of the 50+ students who do that program and meet the requirements get in

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Haha I feel you, but I just need to get in right now. That’s my main concern, especially with me trying to plan to retake the MCAT & apply for 2021. I’d really just like a response, & even though this is repetitive I’m still sooooo upset at the way the committee has “revamped” what rolling admissions means. Smh
Same! I haven’t contacted nikki this week so I may call her for an update either tomorrow or Thursday. Nova is the only program I’ve applied to so I’m still holding on.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no guarantee and just because you get an interview doesn’t mean you get accepted. Go look up LU biomedical masters program and see how only 2 of the 50+ students who do that program and meet the requirements get in

Hate that, but doing the program & successfully completing it will def give you a better chance at other schools. God willing I get accepted I’ll def apply to Nova’s MD Program, but I for sure won’t limit myself. Plus look at Nova’s past cycle thread, those people have some high stats, only God knows how lenient they’ll be with us

Reactions: 1 user
Same! I haven’t contacted nikki this week so I may call her for an update either tomorrow or Thursday. Nova is the only program I’ve applied to so I’m still holding on.

I feellllll like they meet on Thursdays, so maybe call on Friday? I think that’s a good plan.
I pray we both get in! I know for a fact they’ve accepted people who are probably not gonna pay the deposit or who have even paid & will probably decline their seat. I sent in a letter of intent just in case bc I need them to know I’m serious lol

I feellllll like they meet on Thursdays, so maybe call on Friday? I think that’s a good plan.
I pray we both get in! I know for a fact they’ve accepted people who are probably not gonna pay the deposit or who have even paid & will probably decline their seat. I sent in a letter of intent just in case bc I need them to know I’m serious lol
I’ll try to contain myself until Friday and I’ll let you know if she says anything new.

I thought you get a guaranteed interview if you meet certain requirements. But yeah that’s what I’m trying to figure out. Provided that you get the guaranteed Interview, I’m trying to figure out of those people who get the chance to interview how many actually get into the med school.

I thought you get a guaranteed interview if you meet certain requirements. But yeah that’s what I’m trying to figure out. Provided that you get the guaranteed Interview, I’m trying to figure out of those people who get the chance to interview how many actually get into the med school.

I get you! This incoming class will be the first set of data the school will have on that. Another good question in regards to this would be if there is some sort of special review or consideration if you are an MBS student.
But alasssss, need an acceptance in the program before I can worry about this lol

Yeah I totally feel you! And I hope there is some special review of MBS students haha!
I get you! This incoming class will be the first set of data the school will have on that. Another good question in regards to this would be if there is some sort of special review or consideration if you are an MBS student.
But alasssss, need an acceptance in the program before I can worry about this lol

Nikki called me this morning with an acceptance! Keep your eyes peeled, friends!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of pre-med I haven’t come across many dental except for the few here and none of the other disciplines

I called today and was informed letters of rejection have been mailed out however there are a few spots left, I didn’t ask how many although I definitely should have ::kicking myself:: there was mention of the influx of applicants; my application is still under review and while I’ve been waiting for some time I’ll take waiting over a rejection any day. Staying hopeful ^_^

I just called yesterday but I had to leave a voicemail
Yes i can never seem to get an email response. I’ve never had the phone ring until vm though. Maybe you should try contacting again today

I called today and was informed letters of rejection have been mailed out however there are a few spots left, I didn’t ask how many although I definitely should have ::kicking myself:: there was mention of the influx of applicants; my application is still under review and while I’ve been waiting for some time I’ll take waiting over a rejection any day. Staying hopeful ^_^
Hi, thank you for the update! By mailed out does she also include notice by email? Thanks!

I just called as well & she said “yes your application is still in review & awaiting response.”
Better than an R any day!

Hi, thank you for the update! By mailed out does she also include notice by email? Thanks!
I believe rejections are only sent out via snail mail. That's what I've gathered from old posts at least. People that didn't get an email or phone call ended up with a rejection letter in the mail.

I believe rejections are only sent out via snail mail. That's what I've gathered from old posts at least. People that didn't get an email or phone call ended up with a rejection letter in the mail.

She told me an R would receive a letter & email, but she’s also said a lot so you could very well be right LOL

Did she happen to tell you how many seats were remaining?

No I didn’t ask, but I do wonder what she meant by a few bc just last week or the week before there was at least half available & I thought they increased the amount of spots from 70 to 80? Ahhhh

Dr. Demory was leading the Zoom call. They are still working on the times for classes so we cannot register yet.

orientation is the week before classes starts - no dates have been decided yet.

classes start on aug 17th
Thanks

On the bright side those rejection letters mean they’re narrowing it down and thus far we’ve managed to stick in their minds and stand out enough to be considered

I haven't confirmed whether I'm still under consideration presently, I was as of this past Monday, but I'm scared to reach out to Nikki right now. I feel like she notices when she gets an influx of calls :censored: I'm going to remain hopeful I'm still under review

I haven't confirmed whether I'm still under consideration presently, I was as of this past Monday, but I'm scared to reach out to Nikki right now. I feel like she notices when she gets an influx of calls :censored: I'm going to remain hopeful I'm still under review

You should definitely call, it doesn’t hurt to get info.
Yeah she definitely notices LOL, but in our defense, we’re just trying to plan our future.
In response to the other message, yes we’ve stayed in their minds this long!! That’s greatttt

Like they’re physically mailing out rejections or emailing? I’d rather just get an email lol and tell me as soon as possible!

Like they’re physically mailing out rejections or emailing? I’d rather just get an email lol and tell me as soon as possible!
I think its still slightly unclear as she's varied in her response; however, acceptances have been issued with email plus official letter in mail so I think its safe to assume the same applies for R letters?
The safest way of knowing is by calling

She told me that Rs & “need more time” would receive emails & letters, & acceptances would receive calls, emails, & letters.
Again reach out to Nikki, but her responses have been varied & some of what she’s said hasn’t been true according to the thread, so I really don’t know at this point

I was admitted yesterday by phone call and received the official email today. If it helps, my stats were: 3.3 GPA, 500 MCAT, 3 years of research which I based my teamwork essay around, as well as multiple shadowing/volunteer experiences in my personal statement.

I called her the week before I got accepted and she said "It is under review at this time".

So go ahead and call and maybe she would forward it to the committee more enthusiastically since you reached out!

I was admitted yesterday by phone call and received the official email today. If it helps, my stats were: 3.3 GPA, 500 MCAT, 3 years of research which I based my teamwork essay around, as well as multiple shadowing/volunteer experiences in my personal statement.

I called her the week before I got accepted and she said "It is under review at this time".

So go ahead and call and maybe she would forward it to the committee more enthusiastically since you reached out!
Congrats again! I believe our apps are already with the committee so it’s not really a matter of her forwarding it to them as they already have it. It now lies in the committee’s hands to make a decision.
You waited for a good amount of weeks though & finally got an acceptance, so I guess all we can really do is wait, although I wish some sort of communication other than the general “still under review” response was given out.

Last edited:
same here my application was completed on March 27th and i got all my letters by April 17th and I am still waiting. Everytime I call Nikki she seems to not know and I got the email saying that the committee was still reviewing my application

same here my application was completed on March 27th and i got all my letters by April 17th and I am still waiting. Everytime I call Nikki she seems to not know and I got the email saying that the committee was still reviewing my application
When did you receive that email? I haven’t received any type of email communication from NSU. I send emails hoping they ended up where I intended lol

I didn’t receive an email about them still reviewing my app either.. Just another week of praying for an acceptance. Going on 4 weeks of my app being reviewed by the committee

I didn't see the information posted here for Dental only MD so I figured I'd add it from my notes: requirements for interview 3.4 GPA DAT 20. Top 5 dental students will be enrolled in up to 3 classes 2nd semester with D1 students: Neuroanatomy, Oral Histology & Oral Pathology. These courses will NOT count towards D1 degree just a way to get a taste of upper level courses. If admitted after the program these courses will need to be repeated as a D1 student.

Does anyone have any information in regard to when in August the program would actually start if admitted?
I believe it was stated in the Zoom call that as of now classes should start August 17th.

Guess nobody heard anything new this week?
Ugh this is annoyingly annoying

Reactions: 3 users
Update: 3 students (including myself) have rescinded our acceptances due to a lack of financial aid. Apparently tuition is above $35,000 (not including fees) after aid. So I will be attending a funded M.S. in Chemical Biology in NJ.

Good luck to all!

Update: 3 students (including myself) have rescinded our acceptances due to a lack of financial aid. Apparently tuition is above $35,000 (not including fees) after aid. So I will be attending a funded M.S. in Chemical Biology in NJ.

Good luck to all!

Wow.. Is that tuition alone or the estimated total? (including what they estimate for transportation, books, etc)

Wow.. Is that tuition alone or the estimated total? (including what they estimate for transportation, books, etc)

It is $1100 per credit hour (a total of 30) and the fees which are not included in that hefty price.

Good luck to all!

Are loans an option? I believe financial aid covers $20,500 for masters programs. And most are $30,000+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk