This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolfnscale

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

CONGRATS to those who were accepted to NUIG Medicine for all year length programs. I thought we might use this thread to keep in contact, talk about decisions, blah blah, blah, in addition to whatever Facebook group goes up.

Has anyone accepted their NUIG offer? Anyone still waiting on another school? Anyone else inappropriately excited?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I definitely want to talk about the difference between NUIG and UCD. I got accepted into both 5-year programs so I would love more information as I'm deciding on these two schools

Reactions: 1 user
Hey!

I haven't accepted my offer yet since I have until the 14th May to do so. I think I might wait a little bit more since second round offers aren't done yet and I applied to all of the schools proposed. Though, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe NUIG seems to be the first medical school in Ireland to come up on the World Rankings so I might as well go with this one. But god I'm over the moon, I wasn't expecting anything after waiting for so long!

I started looking up for information about accommodation and noticed that they said applications are actually closed now so I'm not really sure how that's supposed to go. If you know anything about how we're supposed to be taking care of this please do share!

Members don't see this ad :)
@503POR Congrats! Can I ask when you got your TCD email? I'm also waiting on them, so I have not accepted NUIG yet. Though, to be fair, I don't have a huge preference of one vs the other (just excited to go!). If I'm waitlisted on TCD, then no brainer, I'll go with NUIG. If I get accepted to both, I'll have a hard time choosing. I wish the due date for the deposit/documents was a bit longer.

@bluewxves I have until May 16th! I thought I'd give TCD a week to send me a decision and if it's radio silence, then NUIG without a doubt. I think you're right! And it has maintained its ranking through the past few years. So, we should be super proud of ourselves, in addition to grateful. I haven't stopped my happy dance since I saw the email lolol.

I have NO idea about accomodations, but I did also see that apps are closed for student residency halls. I think I'll end up with my own flat for at least the first year. Then, if having a flatmate or shimmying my way into residence halls seems to be a better option, I'll head that way. Did you see that the uni can put you into contact with landlords and agencies?

@wolfnscale I'm mostly waiting for UCD as well so I totally feel you! But I wouldn't really know which one to choose either way.

I did see something about that but I was hoping to go to the student residence halls as I feel like it's much more convenient for me. Will you use the uni's help to contact landlords/agencies?

I checked the school's website and it does say: "Applications for the Academic Year 2018/19 have now closed. However, a waiting list will open in May to take applications for any cancellations received at the time of CAO offers in August."

So I guess I have to wait for a little while, but I'll see if Atlantic Bridge can help me with any of that even though I highly doubt they will.

I too applied to both NUIG and TCD so I was gonna wait a week to see if I get anything from TCD. But I didnt know NUIG is highly affirmed like that so maybe Ill go with that in the end!

Wow that sucks I was definately hoping for on campus accomodation :( perhaps they have a different stream for international students? Idk gonna do my research today.

Reactions: 1 users
@Flor_m Yup NUIG is actually quite high ranked in Ireland and a pretty good school! And same here, as I mentioned above, they do reopen applications but they depend on who cancelled their applications so I'm not really sure what our chances are with that. I'll continue searching as well, if I find anything I'll make sure to update everyone on here!

@503POR Congrats! Can I ask when you got your TCD email? I'm also waiting on them, so I have not accepted NUIG yet. Though, to be fair, I don't have a huge preference of one vs the other (just excited to go!). If I'm waitlisted on TCD, then no brainer, I'll go with NUIG. If I get accepted to both, I'll have a hard time choosing. I wish the due date for the deposit/documents was a bit longer.

@bluewxves I have until May 16th! I thought I'd give TCD a week to send me a decision and if it's radio silence, then NUIG without a doubt. I think you're right! And it has maintained its ranking through the past few years. So, we should be super proud of ourselves, in addition to grateful. I haven't stopped my happy dance since I saw the email lolol.

I have NO idea about accomodations, but I did also see that apps are closed for student residency halls. I think I'll end up with my own flat for at least the first year. Then, if having a flatmate or shimmying my way into residence halls seems to be a better option, I'll head that way. Did you see that the uni can put you into contact with landlords and agencies?

@wolfnscale Hi! I was accepted into UCD not TCD

@bluewxves I'm not sure yet! I may try to contact them if I can't find anything by myself. I've been looking online just on realty websites. There doesn't seem much, tbh. Most of the places mention that they are already rented out for our school year (guess other students got there first :( ).

Please, remember to join the FB group "NUIG Medicine Fall 2018 Entry" if it strikes your fancy. :p

@wolfnscale man this is actually a hassle, though i sent an email to Atlantic Bridge about last night so hopefully they'll be able to provide us with a few answers. And I do imagine that some people cancel their applications after receiving offers from schools they liked better so we never know!

I made sure to do so! (im rita)

@bluewxves I know! It's a little strange looking at the flats available. Am I too greedy that I'd like to be in walking distance? XD If we get in and don't housing that is gonna be a mega fail, smh lol! Maybe AB can point us to helpful hints...

can u guys give me your averages and how u got in.. I still haven't sent my application
Im doing grade 12 :

Overall i have 88% senor year however my gr12 bio has 80%....

Will i get into NUIG???

DEADLINE: MAY 15

Hi! I'm not sure if anyone will get a notification for this, but I was wondering if anyone on this thread ended up going to Ireland for school and if so which school they chose, how it's going so far, and where they stand as far as prospects for US residency.

Thanks in advance :)

can u guys give me your averages and how u got in.. I still haven't sent my application
Im doing grade 12 :

Overall i have 88% senor year however my gr12 bio has 80%....

Will i get into NUIG???

DEADLINE: MAY 15

Hi! I'm planning on applying this year and I was wondering if you got any offers. I'm from Ontario and I have a 93% overall cumulative average or a 94% for my top 6 (including bio and chem). Any help would be awesome!

Hi everyone, I was wondering what my chances are for an offer with a 3.2 cGPA and a 503 MCAT for either the 4 or 5 year programs in Ireland! Has anyone gotten an offer with similar stats? I believe I have strong reference letters. 1 from Science Faculty and 1 from a volunteer supervisor. I can also obtain a 3rd letter from a physician if this would help my application. Any input would be greatly appreciated!