NYCPM Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDrFoot

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am committing to NYCPM! I wanted to create a thread for NYCPM for both Spring and Fall students! Hopefully older students can help us out with any questions!

Have a blast!

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone give more information on the bridges and also just on housing options in NYC for students in general?

Members don't see this ad :)
I start in January and I would like to know the different housing options NYCPM students typically look into

As far as I know, Bridges is the only housing option from the school, they used the Heritage in the past also (an apt complex downtown).

If you're not from the area, I would suggest living in the Bridges. The majority of students live there so you will have a chance to make new friends. It's not the best place to live but it's better to live around other students closer to school. You can always move out if you find a better place in the future; some students live off campus with others; while many commute.

Oh okay! I’ll look into that. Also, if you go to NYCPM, do you know what type of iPad they give you? I was looking to get an iPad Pro for myself before they mentioned how students would receive one.

Oh okay! I’ll look into that. Also, if you go to NYCPM, do you know what type of iPad they give you? I was looking to get an iPad Pro for myself before they mentioned how students would receive one.

It's not the pro but the 9.7 inches but I think with the apple pencil.

Try to avoid the bridges if you can, it looks decent but its ehhhh. If its a last resort do it.

[edited] My first draft was gibberish.

East Harlem at 124th and 3rd is rough. The area is flooded with people whom are dropped of from Randall’s island,which is a giant homeless shelter. A larger number of them have mental illness, some drugged out and the rest just normal people. From May-November you have to literally step aroud people sleeping on the street doped out. The 5 square block radius is the dirtiest place I have been in my life. The streets are never cleaned and sidewalks are covered in human urine, poop, trash and drug paraphernalia. From 6am-10pm it is safe, as cops patrol normally. However, 3 of our 2021 classmates have been robbed, 1 by gun. It happens, you are more likely to be catcalled or cursed out by mentally ill people than robbed. I have never been assaulted or robbed, although my gf was sexually harrased walking to the bridges. You will see a dude pants less squatting to poop on a sidewalk at least once if you live in the bridges(NY in gerneral) and walk to school.

NYCPM subleases the building from a large real estate company who takes for ever to conduct repairs and often cuts corners. The residents/NYCPM are at the mercy of The Bridges management. I paid $1300/mo for all included for my AC not to work July-October and then when there was black mold they just paint over it.

The groceries are overpriced and full of low quality food, you basically have to take the subway to the East Side/Chinatown for actual supermarkets where he food is affordable. This is why I think a short commute from E 86th, West Side or even Queens is a better look for having a better school/life balance. I live in Brooklyn and love it. East Harlem is manageable to go to school, but depressing to be there 24/7 7 days a week. There is nothing but fast food and convenience stores here.

YOU must take into consideration NYCPM would not have such a good clinic if it was not for the poverty in the area. We provide a good service for the community and they give us pathologies you would not experience anywhere else. I have made very close friends living at the bridges and have had many great experiences, still I would have enjoyed NYC more if I lived in a nicer area.

MY SUGGESTION: Come here and try to room-share in a nicer area. Go on facebook NYC housing groups, Craigslist’s and make a few appointments and come here for 2-3 days. If you cannot find anything try to make a 6 month lease to expand your options later on, if you do so make sure you view the room before you sign the lease.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
[edited] My first draft was gibberish.

East Harlem at 124th and 3rd is rough. The area is flooded with people whom are dropped of from Randall’s island,which is a giant homeless shelter. A larger number of them have mental illness, some drugged out and the rest just normal people. From May-November you have to literally step aroud people sleeping on the street doped out. The 5 square block radius is the dirtiest place I have been in my life. The streets are never cleaned and sidewalks are covered in human urine, poop, trash and drug paraphernalia. From 6am-10pm it is safe, as cops patrol normally. However, 3 of our 2021 classmates have been robbed, 1 by gun. It happens, you are more likely to be catcalled or cursed out by mentally ill people than robbed. I have never been assaulted or robbed, although my gf was sexually harrased walking to the bridges. You will see a dude pants less squatting to poop on a sidewalk at least once if you live in the bridges(NY in gerneral) and walk to school.

NYCPM subleases the building from a large real estate company who takes for ever to conduct repairs and often cuts corners. The residents/NYCPM are at the mercy of The Bridges management. I paid $1300/mo for all included for my AC not to work July-October and then when there was black mold they just paint over it.

The groceries are overpriced and full of low quality food, you basically have to take the subway to the East Side/Chinatown for actual supermarkets where he food is affordable. This is why I think a short commute from E 86th, West Side or even Queens is a better look for having a better school/life balance. I live in Brooklyn and love it. East Harlem is manageable to go to school, but depressing to be there 24/7 7 days a week. There is nothing but fast food and convenience stores here.

YOU must take into consideration NYCPM would not have such a good clinic if it was not for the poverty in the area. We provide a good service for the community and they give us pathologies you would not experience anywhere else. I have made very close friends living at the bridges and have had many great experiences, still I would have enjoyed NYC more if I lived in a nicer area.

MY SUGGESTION: Come here and try to room-share in a nicer area. Go on facebook NYC housing groups, Craigslist’s and make a few appointments and come here for 2-3 days. If you cannot find anything try to make a 6 month lease to expand your options later on, if you do so make sure you view the room before you sign the lease.
Omg, well I don’t really have much of a choice because I don’t have time to go and find a place before starting. But, the lease is only for 6 months so I’ll get on top of finding a new place. But, for the 1300, that was the single-shared right? Was it really small?? Or was it manageable?

Omg, well I don’t really have much of a choice because I don’t have time to go and find a place before starting. But, the lease is only for 6 months so I’ll get on top of finding a new place. But, for the 1300, that was the single-shared right? Was it really small?? Or was it manageable?
My room was 5x12. There was a wall built over my wall unit heater, so that’s shared. It’s just a ****ty setup, they turned 2 bedrooms into 7 as cheaply as possible. It’s a shame. “view” your room before you sign the lease, they will refuse to clean it etc etc after you sign it.

My room was 5x12. There was a wall built over my wall unit heater, so that’s shared. It’s just a ****ty setup, they turned 2 bedrooms into 7 as cheaply as possible. It’s a shame. “view” your room before you sign the lease, they will refuse to clean it etc etc after you sign it.

Okay cool, so do you think it’s worth getting the balcony or is it a waste and also instead of the shared, do you think a single without the balcony is better?

Members don't see this ad :)
My room was 5x12. There was a wall built over my wall unit heater, so that’s shared. It’s just a ****ty setup, they turned 2 bedrooms into 7 as cheaply as possible. It’s a shame.
I would have liked a balcony, however the view is just the back of buildings on the 3rd/4th floor. Penthouse go for it.

Okay, cool thank you so much for your insight! So is there no real difference between a single and single shared?

Okay, cool thank you so much for your insight! So is there no real difference between a single and single shared?
The only thing shared is a ac unit. It depends, each single is a different size. My friend payed 100$ more a month for a true single to live in a room where he couldn’t open the door all the way. It’s unevenly divided. If you have any apartment B room 2 lol good luck with your closet.

This is the most accurate representation of the bridges I’ve ever heard LOL

It’ll be fine for 6 months - you’ll live.

This is the most accurate representation of the bridges I’ve ever heard LOL

It’ll be fine for 6 months - you’ll live.
I agree. 6 months will fly by, because you will be more preoccupied with school/making new friends. Use those relationships to find a nicer place. It is advantageous to commute from 1 block away, but it’s not a good time in summer months. Learn to cook, E Harlem food will mess up your colon.

Does nycpm offer clerkships like they do at Scholl?

Thanks. If you don’t mind me asking, how do you like nycpm? Would you pick this school again if you could go back in time? Why or why not? Also, is it true that it’s hard to have a gpa of 3.0 or above at nycpm due to its restrictive grading?
He is at Scholl

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. If you don’t mind me asking, how do you like nycpm? Would you pick this school again if you could go back in time? Why or why not? Also, is it true that it’s hard to have a gpa of 3.0 or above at nycpm due to its restrictive grading?

@CappnNono @Nowehjose

Hi is anyone starting in the fall lol, I'm trying to figure out housing but I have no idea what im doing...should I wait for the facebook group?

Hi is anyone starting in the fall lol, I'm trying to figure out housing but I have no idea what im doing...should I wait for the facebook group?

The Facebook group link along with housing information was sent to me in the receipt email after I paid the deposit. Here’s the Facebook link, see if you can open it: Log into Facebook | Facebook

When you guys submitted your deposit did you get any other follow up emails? All I got was a receipt from clover

When you guys submitted your deposit did you get any other follow up emails? All I got was a receipt from clover

I got a receipt from nycpm. Did you get any account info yet like activating your nycpm email or anything?

Last edited:
I contacted admissions and they told me to sit tight for a couple of months. Will start hearing about registration and all that in the summer. I just put my deposit in. Just call them if you wanna hear it yourself. I made a request to join the facebook group. Will be posting in there to see if anyone is interested in rooming. Im from Long Island, which is close and I have a lot of furniture and what not that I can contribute. Looking forward to meeting you all!

They email you a week or two before boat cruise or a week before you move into bridges. The spring is very busy here.

okay cool cause I was getting stressed they didn't email me anything else, also I feel like im never gonna get accepted into the facebook group lol I sent that request like a week ago and they STILL haven't accepted

okay cool cause I was getting stressed they didn't email me anything else, also I feel like im never gonna get accepted into the facebook group lol I sent that request like a week ago and they STILL haven't accepted

Give it time. It took them ~2 weeks to accept me lol

I am sorry I'm just seeing this I hope it's not too late!

Honestly, if I could go back I probably wouldn't have gone here. I'm more of a homebody so I don't end up doing too much fun stuff in the city (plus it's hard with all the studying) so a different school would've been fine for me. I was only accepted to Kent and NYCPM and I didn't want to drive in the snow so I chose NYCPM. I think I'll end up a fine doctor but I feel like Kent maybe treats the students better (but I could be wrong as well).

I think above a 3.0 is very doable if you put in the work. Getting the 3.4 to maintain the scholarship or 3.5 to get on Dean's list is really hard I would say. I've heard the average (50th percentile) is usually around a 2.8. So that's almost half above 3.0!

If you have any other questions - or anyone for that matter - about NYCPM - feel free to DM me!

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I wanted to know within what timeframe does NYCPM respond post interview? I was interviewed almost 3 weeks ago from today and still haven't heard. Any input from the community would be helpful.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I wanted to know within what timeframe does NYCPM respond post interview? I was interviewed almost 3 weeks ago from today and still haven't heard. Any input from the community would be helpful.
Email them or call and ask for an update on your application.

Thank you for your reply. I did reach out last week and they informed that I will be hearing back in a week. Is there a time frame by when they reply based on recent acceptance?

Thank you for your reply. I did reach out last week and they informed that I will be hearing back in a week. Is there a time frame by when they reply based on recent acceptance?
Doesn't seem to be.

Some are offered an acceptance right after the interview unofficially, some wait 2 full weeks.

Really couldn't tell you.

They start 1 moth before school starts, I think July something.

If anyone is looking for a room to rent lmk. My landlord has one 20-25 minute drive to nycpm, with private parking!!!!

$900 for huge room, private deck, bathroom and your own spot.

Middle Village, NY (Western Flushing).

Has everyone completed their background check and immunization? I completed my background check and uploaded my immunization forms but it still says "pending review", and classes start next week! If I've to provide more info for my immunization and/or need to new blood work done, will that prevent me from attending classes until I do so? I'm sorry if this a stupid questions, but I just want to be safe.

Has everyone completed their background check and immunization? I completed my background check and uploaded my immunization forms but it still says "pending review", and classes start next week! If I've to provide more info for my immunization and/or need to new blood work done, will that prevent me from attending classes until I do so? I'm sorry if this a stupid questions, but I just want to be safe.

we have something similar at my program so to answer your ques no you will not be penalized. Just make sure you follow the process and submit the required documents in the future. You can also let your dean know about the process...just to loop em in.

we have something similar at my program so to answer your ques no you will not be penalized. Just make sure you follow the process and submit the required documents in the future. You can also let your dean know about the process...just to loop em in.

I’ve emailed her about it but received no reply. Nycpm really needs to improve their communication.

Email the the assistant of admissions.

Thanks will do. Will this be an issue or do I get 30 days to complete the required immunisations if I’m missin any?

Also, off track, curious how long was your cruise? I’m debating if I wanna go...

Thanks will do. Will this be an issue or do I get 30 days to complete the required immunisations if I’m missin any?

Also, off track, curious how long was your cruise? I’m debating if I wanna go...
Like 2-3 hours. Get the free food, you paid for it essentially...

Hey Guys, I just got accepted to NYCPM fall class of 2024. I've seen some mention checking out Astoria for living? Any good spots in Harlem to check out? Budget is about 1200 per month