This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaprasGirl

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone currently on the NYMC waitlist, feel free to post any waitlist movement, questions, comments or advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
@LaprasGirl Excellent idea getting a waitlist discussion going. It's good to have a place to collaborate and vent about how much waitlist sucks.

If possible, can people who post here update just briefly in the other class thread? The hope is to keep a coherent timeline with invite/interview/accept dates for future applicants to have for reference. Nothing long or labor intense, just an accept date with relevant stats (GPA, MCAT, when interviewed). Having it organized makes it much simpler to estimate wait times and helps out in future years when looking for trends.

Good luck, and as always please feel free to send questions my way about NYMC or waitlist or anything else!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
thanks for setting this up! This is my second year being on the waitlist at NYMC...so the struggle is very familiar. I hope we hear good news for all of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like there's been some movement! Hoping to have some luck in the next wave :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question for people on the waitlist. On our secondary application page, should the decision notification section just read the date we were informed we were put on the waitlist and nothing more recent?

Just getting nervous now that its finally traffic time and making sure everything is good on the waitlist.

I have something on my portal along the lines of: "a letter of decision was sent on xxx" back when they sent me my decision letter

Quick question for people on the waitlist. On our secondary application page, should the decision notification section just read the date we were informed we were put on the waitlist and nothing more recent?

Just getting nervous now that its finally traffic time and making sure everything is good on the waitlist.

Last edited:
Looks like there's been some movement! Hoping to have some luck in the next wave :/

Do we know when the next wave is? Or do they just start sending out acceptances sporadically now?

Do we know when the next wave is? Or do they just start sending out acceptances sporadically now?

Last year there were two waves the first week of May - at the beginning and end of the week. And then I think there were 2-3 other major ones in May. June/ rest of summer tapers off. But there will definitely be more!

Last edited:
Friends! I just got accepted! Interviewed 3/21! There is still so much hope!

Friends! I just got accepted! Interviewed 3/21! There is still so much hope!

Congrats! Did you or anyone here receive an email last month or so asking if you seriously want to remain on the waitlist? Thanks.

Congrats! Did you or anyone here receive an email last month or so asking if you seriously want to remain on the waitlist? Thanks.

I got that email too- I think everyone on WL got it. I haven't gotten a response back for anything I've sent them (updates/ WL responses) etc.

I didn't maybe because I was waitlisted on 4/5 and that was recent? I feel like those who got that were waitlisted for at least 2-3 months.
Also if anyone wants to know:
Undergrad GPA sucked- like 3.2 sucked
Did an SMP last year and ended with a 3.8+ GPA
Mcat- 31, 511 (The 31 expired when I applied this cycle)
This is my third cycle and i interviewed/ was waitlisted at NYMC last cycle...so I'm very relieved this is finally over.
Never give up! PM me if you have more questions!

I didn't maybe because I was waitlisted on 4/5 and that was recent? I feel like those who got that were waitlisted for at least 2-3 months.
This is my third cycle and i interviewed/ was waitlisted at NYMC last cycle...so I'm very relieved this is finally over.

What was your experience with NYMC waitlist last year-- did u send them updates last yr v this year?

What was your experience with NYMC waitlist last year-- did u send them updates last yr v this year?

The only thing I did was send updated grades the day after I was waitlisted in April last year but no official letter or anything and I stayed on the waitlist until the first day of classes when I was finally rejected. I definitely suggest sending a letter and/or update to let them know you're still interested.

Hang in there everyone! Waitlists are weird and unpredictable but a good chunk of the class comes from waitlist. Movement happens, it's just a matter of time!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

when did you finish your smp?

when did you finish your smp?

Last May, and it was a one year program where I received a Masters of Science in physiology and biophysics. PM if you have more questions about it!