NYU 2012 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess she is still depending on TOEFL score results.

Yea, I havent taken Toefl yet. Then thank you, Nyu is not for me. There is a big choise of schools in US. Hope not all of them will do the same with Dat!

NYU TOEFL 95

Requirements to Apply to Program
 Minimum score on iBT is 95

I guess not... If they ask for a passing score for the NBDE and only consider 83 and above, I don't even know what to say about being below their minimum requirements on TOEFL.

Sorry, but I don't think you can apply. There are many schools though that don't have a minimum requirement for TOEFL.

Good luck.
Thank u so much for your response and I am wondering why they in their recent email they said that minimum score is 90
Do u know why..??

Members don't see this ad :)
What is department for to send toefl score?

Last edited:
What is department for to send toefl score?
Is it graduate school or undergraduate or graduate schools of management?

any help truly appreciated!

Hey,
All you need to do is to request ETS to report your score to NYU School of Dentistry at the following Address:

New York University College of Dentistry
Office of Student Affairs and Admissions
345 East 24th St., 10 Fl.
New York, NY 10010-4086
Re: AP 2012

NYU Website says: "The Institute Code for NYUCD is 2597, if a Department Code is required, the code is 38. Every applicant must take the exam." :thumbup:

Thank u so much for your response and I am wondering why they in their recent email they said that minimum score is 90
Do u know why..??

Usually schools cosider the application as a whole package. I suggest not to be so sensitive about your TOEFL scores. If you have a good score, so go a head and keep fingers crossed. That shoud be fine!:)

Usually schools cosider the application as a whole package. I suggest not to be so sensitive about your TOEFL scores. If you have a good score, so go a head and keep fingers crossed. That shoud be fine!:)

Not all, but most definitely a lot of schools do consider the whole package, the matter here is whether they have or not a minimum requirement. When that happens you are not eligible for not meeting certain requirement.

ammar2005, send them an email to clarify their requirements, enquire that they set a 95 on the website, and you have something different on the email.

Good luck. :luck:

Hi,

I got my application complete e-mail yesterday. I want to know, does NYU invite candidates with early submission of application? If someone has any idea?

Thanks!

HI everybody!
I just wanted to ask if NYU,will consider applicants with less than 95 in TOEFL, I have 94 do you thing they will consider my application?any personal experiences?
I will retake the TOEFL in decemder,so can I send my scores after the deadlines?

Hello,

If anyone need the DAT or TOEFL preparation materials please pm me.

hi, just wanted to know that do a person who got waitlisted last year will get any prefernce in nyu this year? thanks

Finally, application complete....:thumbup:

pls do inform if anyone gets an interview invite..They start sending by Dec i think..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, does anybody know how long does it take for caapid to send the documents to nyu?

Hey all, does anybody know how long does it take for caapid to send the documents to nyu?

As I know, CAAPID usually sends applications and updates on Thursday every week. Applications and updates are sent electronically.

HI everybody!
I just wanted to ask if NYU,will consider applicants with less than 95 in TOEFL, I have 94 do you thing they will consider my application?any personal experiences?
I will retake the TOEFL in decemder,so can I send my scores after the deadlines?

I had the same problem..i asked so many people around...and i got the same answer..keep trying till you meet the requirement...and finally i did it...so keep trying to reach 95...hope this helps..

does anybody knoe if nyu calls or emails for IV

does anybody knoe if nyu calls or emails for IV

they will send out an email...as i mentioned earlier there might be a few ppl who may get get interviewed in december (just one set of applicants just before the december break) ..then from jan onwards the interview process will be in full flow for the advance placements...they currently completing the regular dds interviews...all the best everyone

they will send out an email...as i mentioned earlier there might be a few ppl who may get get interviewed in december (just one set of applicants just before the december break) ..then from jan onwards the interview process will be in full flow for the advance placements...they currently completing the regular dds interviews...all the best everyone
thanks!

Hey friends, Does anybody know when usually NYU starts sending Interview invitations?
If anybody has any ideas please share to put some light on this issue.
tnx

Hey friends, Does anybody know when usually NYU starts sending Interview invitations?
If anybody has any ideas please share to put some light on this issue.
tnx

in january...or may be in mid december....

Hi everyone...
My part-1 score is 83. TOEFL-96, GPA-3.38 and MPA -3.83 GPA, 9 months of clinical experience in India. What are my chances for NYUCD? I applied in September 2011.

Hi everyone...
My part-1 score is 83. TOEFL-96, GPA-3.38 and MPA -3.83 GPA, 9 months of clinical experience in India. What are my chances for NYUCD? I applied in September 2011.

yeah..it looks impressive....good for me...but i dont know what they thinks...:)

in january...or may be in mid december....

Tnx raghav4,

NYU site says they start interviews in January, so I think they inform candidates at least one month before, I mean in December.
So, has anyone called them to ask when they start sending interviews?

My GPA is 3.2 (comprehensive) and 3.69 (best Result)
Which one will be considered during my admission process? Tks

My GPA is 3.2 (comprehensive) and 3.69 (best Result)
Which one will be considered during my admission process? Tks

the comprehensive gpa will be considered..

NYU is starting interviews from Jan 17th 2012

:(
Thanks Appu09..
From where did u gt this information?

:(
Thanks Appu09..
From where did u gt this information?

information regarding the GPA or the interview??

well for GPA it is a known fact that the comprehensive is taken into account...since thats the one that considers your overall performance(fails and passes)

regarding interview...cause I am a NYUCD student

@Appu09, thanks for the information.

Do u think NYU will consider if i have low toefl score than they required... Actually i re-take the toefl exam last week..waiting for result now. And do they consider the score after their deadline?

Did anyone got call from NYU for the interview

Do u think NYU will consider if i have low toefl score than they required... Actually i re-take the toefl exam last week..waiting for result now. And do they consider the score after their deadline?
yeah they do sometimes if you have lot of other things on better side....yes if you approach in a right way most of the universities do accept the scores after deadlines...

yes sometimes they do...once you get the score send a letter along with a photocopy of the score..also call them up and let them know...

sometimes what schools do is that if your overall profile is good and you are falling short on the toefl they do call you for the interview and ask you to try and improve on it before the school starts

I would also like to suggest the people who get a interview call..to take your interviewer's business card and once you are done with the interview send the interviewer and the admission office people a thank you email...this goes for all the schools..

Thanks Appu09 and Raghav4 for the valuable information....
God bless you all..........

I got my invitation today.Can anyone tell me how is the interview process in NYU? Any suggestions?

@drzehirova

Congratulation for interview invite..... When did you apply? Please share your stats?

Good luck for everyone who are waiting for the interview call:)

I guess the interviews for AP students start from 17th Jan, 2012. Normally it goes on every tuesday and thursday... if I am not wrong !! all the best for the applicants !!!

congrats and best luck fr yr interview ,,

congrats drzehirova and all the best...let us know your details. all of us are a lil anxious to wait for interview calls
Congrats. When is your interview?!

I got my invitation today.Can anyone tell me how is the interview process in NYU? Any suggestions?

Congrats. Hope you would be in the program. I wish I could get one. :(

When is the interview and when did you apply. Please answer as every one here is very anxious to know the answers. Please also give us your stats so that we can see where we lie in relation to your profile.

so the IV invities have started...!!!...everybody keep updating as and when u'll hear anything from the school...good luck !