NYU 2012 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish I get one..just waiting for IV...:).....its just I know about it...havent got it yet...

Good luck, I wish we all get one:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone got an interview invite of late?

Another week starts....and for me still no news from NYU /BU...feeling really down....

Anyone got an interview invite of late?

Another week starts....and for me still no news from NYU /BU...feeling really down....
lets hope that this one brings new hope to all of us....
still waiting for it...
good luck...:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody got any interview todayy???

hey guys, i got application completion email on nov 3rd ...was it too late ...are they sending interview invites as per first come first services ......still waiting :confused::confused:

is it??? my email was in sept...still no news , :( :( :(

As i mentioned before i got the application complete email in july and still havent heard anythin... but r they really not sending invites or is it like no one is updating on sdn ...:scared:

anyways good luck everyone....!!!

I got my application complete email in Aug.I dont think they are sending out the invites on a first come first serve basis. Does the school send an email whether its a 'yay' or a 'nay'?At-least that way the people who are not selected for the IV can start getting on with their lives instead of sweating it out in useless anticipation.

I think they are still reviewing all the applications and sending an invite to only those who are fit for NYU. I have not heard anyone with part-1 90 or above got an interview but many students around 85 have got the interviews. With 83, I am eagerly waiting..!!!!:xf:

One of my friends with Part-1 score of 91 got IV for NYU and BU , in last week of December !! I am writing this just to update you guys and let you know that NYU has started sending invitations for interview, so have patience and have faith in God ! Hard work always pays !
Best of luck everyone ! :thumbup:
I think they are still reviewing all the applications and sending an invite to only those who are fit for NYU. I have not heard anyone with part-1 90 or above got an interview but many students around 85 have got the interviews. With 83, I am eagerly waiting..!!!!:xf:

I got my application complete email in Aug.I dont think they are sending out the invites on a first come first serve basis. Does the school send an email whether its a 'yay' or a 'nay'?At-least that way the people who are not selected for the IV can start getting on with their lives instead of sweating it out in useless anticipation.

NYU will not send any letter or email saying you have not been selected for an interview...any rejection letter will only be sent in march once the interviews are over...all the best guys

I got application completed letter on 21 december from NYU, but then no news till date. i am waiting for that. Should i regularly call them regarding my status? or call doesnt make any difference. please guide me.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many get invite for the interview every year..?

i got an interview invitation email from nyu today

Hi Samanz...congratulations....what time did u get the mail...pls share your stats

hi samanz congrats......can u post ur stats pls.....

If anybody has already given the interview plz share the experience.
what do they ask ? and specially how long is that interview?
is there any college tour along with interview too?

Congratulations Samanz! Can you please tell when did u apply to NYU?

If anybody has already given the interview plz share the experience.
what do they ask ? and specially how long is that interview?
is there any college tour along with interview too?

the interviews begin in the morning...i think you have to be there by 7 in the morning..they will send out the entire days schedule...once done with the interviews...you will have a Q n A session with admission committee where they will tell u a bit more about school, fees, loans,visa etc...you can ask them questions too if you have any...then you will go around the school with few advance placement students and also have lunch with them (coupons provided by school) ..make sure to interact well with the students...and get as many doubts cleared ...and thats it..

as far as length of the interview ...well it really depends on your interviewer...some finish it 10-15 mins some go on for longer...like mine had gone on for almost 45 mins...but it was all a casual chit chat with a lot of jokes...I dint even realize I was in there for 45mins untill I came out and someone told me that I was in there for so long...a very comforting and relaxed environment..

Hi... I have a nbde 1 score of 91, gpa 3.84 and toefl score of 98... got an application completion mail on 12/16/2011 but no interview call as yet... i am worried .. pl help..Does callin the office help.. and while callin do we have to mention our name and caapid id no...

Last edited:
the interviews begin in the morning...i think you have to be there by 7 in the morning..they will send out the entire days schedule...once done with the interviews...you will have a Q n A session with admission committee where they will tell u a bit more about school, fees, loans,visa etc...you can ask them questions too if you have any...then you will go around the school with few advance placement students and also have lunch with them (coupons provided by school) ..make sure to interact well with the students...and get as many doubts cleared ...and thats it..

as far as length of the interview ...well it really depends on your interviewer...some finish it 10-15 mins some go on for longer...like mine had gone on for almost 45 mins...but it was all a casual chit chat with a lot of jokes...I dint even realize I was in there for 45mins untill I came out and someone told me that I was in there for so long...a very comforting and relaxed environment..

Thanks a lot for the useful info...so basically everythin winds up just after lunch rite.... around 1 in the afternoon...so we have to spend half a day in the college ...And how many ppl do they call in 1 day....

Thanks a lot for the useful info...so basically everythin winds up just after lunch rite.... around 1 in the afternoon...so we have to spend half a day in the college ...And how many ppl do they call in 1 day....

yes you should be done by 1-2 PM...interviews are held every tuesdays and thursdays and they call around 12-15 people per day

One spot more. Received an IV yesterday but I decline it. Hopefully everyone who has worked hard will get and IV and then acceptance. Just an advice from my experience in IVs: Be HONEST, Be FRIENDLY, Show DETERMINATION
Best of Luck

i applied pretty early. i got the application complete email on june 24, 2011.

i will be appearing for interview on 31st janurary.

do we really have to wear a formal suit for the interview?

thankyou so much .....
hmmm 45 min!!!! they must be enjoying the conversation with you.
so did u get acceptance or not?

one more thing! do we have to take any documents( degrees, certificates etc ) along with us or not?

and what do they offer for lunch.... Iam already feeling hungry :)

i applied pretty early. i got the application complete email on june 24, 2011.

i will be appearing for interview on 31st janurary.

do we really have to wear a formal suit for the interview?

As far as I know u should wear a formal suit.

One spot more. Received an IV yesterday but I decline it. Hopefully everyone who has worked hard will get and IV and then acceptance. Just an advice from my experience in IVs: Be HONEST, Be FRIENDLY, Show DETERMINATION
Best of Luck

So you have already been accepted..:) congrats:) What are your stats?
My part 1 -83. UG GPA-3.38. MPA GPA(upto 3 sem)-3.78. TOEFL -96
What are my chances? eagerly waiting for an IV invitation:xf:

Thank you 1923,
If you wanna know my opinion about the chance, I should tell you that nobody could really tell you if you receive any IV or not. All you can do is to try your best by making a good academic, practical, research profile. I really suggest you all friends that stop thinking about IF they send or they do not send IV.

And about the time between application until receipt of IV or some other questions like this, I think and my experience showed me that, it's totally wrong to analyze the time they may send you IV or Acceptance. I have a friend with high scores in NBDE and TOEFL (Over 92 in NBDE and 100 in TOEFL) and has not heard from NYU yet and have another friend with much lower scores who has received IV so soon.

Best of luck for all of you

Thank you 1923,
If you wanna know my opinion about the chance, I should tell you that nobody could really tell you if you receive any IV or not. All you can do is to try your best by making a good academic, practical, research profile. I really suggest you all friends that stop thinking about IF they send or they do not send IV.

And about the time between application until receipt of IV or some other questions like this, I think and my experience showed me that, it's totally wrong to analyze the time they may send you IV or Acceptance. I have a friend with high scores in NBDE and TOEFL (Over 92 in NBDE and 100 in TOEFL) and has not heard from NYU yet and have another friend with much lower scores who has received IV so soon.

Best of luck for all of you

Absolutely true :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thankyou so much .....
hmmm 45 min!!!! they must be enjoying the conversation with you.
so did u get acceptance or not?

one more thing! do we have to take any documents( degrees, certificates etc ) along with us or not?

and what do they offer for lunch.... Iam already feeling hungry :)

yes both the interviewer and I enjoyed the conversation a lot...I did get accepted and am already through D2 ..am in the class of 2014...

lunch you can pick anything from the cafeteria ....they will give you a ten dollar coupon to use in the cafeteria...

as such you dont need to carry any documents but it looks more professional if you carry a file with you...and very rarely they might wanna see some paper...like my interviewer wanted to have a look at my transcript (since it was supposedly missing from the file given to him by the college people) so it was handy to have my docs with me at that time..

wear formals--suit tie...for ladies..shirt pant or formal skirt..well polished shoes...trimmed nails..neat hair cut..

nbde 1 91
Gpa 3.84
Toefl 98

No interview call from nyu as yet... got application completion mail on 12/14/2011....no news thereafter...really tense ... pl help...

yes both the interviewer and I enjoyed the conversation a lot...I did get accepted and am already through D2 ..am in the class of 2014...

lunch you can pick anything from the cafeteria ....they will give you a ten dollar coupon to use in the cafeteria...

as such you dont need to carry any documents but it looks more professional if you carry a file with you...and very rarely they might wanna see some paper...like my interviewer wanted to have a look at my transcript (since it was supposedly missing from the file given to him by the college people) so it was handy to have my docs with me at that time..

wear formals--suit tie...for ladies..shirt pant or formal skirt..well polished shoes...trimmed nails..neat hair cut..

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: !!! Thank you very very much for sharing the information and your experience.

Congratulations tomswayer... Where did you get into..? Please share your stats and when did you apply to NYU

Hi, Can you please let us know your stats and when you applied to NYU and also why you think you were invited over others (any US experience, MPH or Dental assisting/ GC? Have a feeling I applied too late in last week of Dec. This waiting is killing and your responce will truely ease my anxiety. Thanks in advance...

Got my IV invitation yesterday :)

Still have to decide the date !!...

if anybody interviewed yesterday please share your expereince and also guys it would be a great help if anyone can direct me to the link which has posts abiut the past inteview experiences aT nyu. tried to find the thread but could find only a couple of posts.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Also please let us know when did you send in your application...would be really helpfull